Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i snuggled up to my boyfriend tony in my tighty whities and tried to watch Magnolia, but, i'm sorry, i really just didn't enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sweet Tea posted:

i snuggled up to my boyfriend tony in my tighty whities and tried to watch Magnolia, but, i'm sorry, i really just didn't enjoy it.

pics

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sweet Tea posted:

that's because you don't believe the bible

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
DO NOT do this. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT watch wes andersen movies. you have been warned!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i haven't seen it but now I'm probably going to

i watch films on one monitor while I play a game on the other usually though unless they are really engrossing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Sweet Tea posted:

this was an incredibly mean own on GBS resident gay man, teayches

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont even know what magnolia is and i didnt google it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

i dont even know what magnolia is and i didnt google it

It's Tom Cruise's best movie

(and John C. Reilley is in it too)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i actually think grand budapest might be my favorite wes anderson film

i found it fun all the way through, nice little adventure.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Harime Nui posted:

It's Tom Cruise's best movie

(and John C. Reilley is in it too)

did you see edge of tomorrow

i thought that was good because tom cruise had a huge loving cliff to climb to be a likable hero and i think it worked

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

imo edge of tomorrow was easily the best action film of 2014

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Yeah, it was really good, and if you wanna know the hosed thing, I heard it was Tom Cruise who pushed to make the script funnier and to play off the 'Tom Cruise' persona for laughs.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

watching tom cruise get shot like 20 times so groundhogs day happens again was excellent cinema

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Watching a Wes Anderson movie is pretty much a guarantee you'll get into some hipster panties

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Gaunab posted:

Watching a Wes Anderson movie is pretty much a guarantee you'll get into some hipster panties

I wish everyone under the age of 22 would just die

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Children aren't people so I'm not a monster

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harime Nui posted:

I wish everyone under the age of 22 would just die

You are over 22?

whoa

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Waltzing Along posted:

You are over 22?

whoa

I'm a 27 year old man.

e: I'm bisexual.

ee: I'm 1/3 German 1/3 Swedish 1/2 Mexican

eee: I'm an atheist

eeee: I'm an alcoholic

eeeee: I hate myself and, I want to die

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 3, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harime Nui posted:

I'm a 27 year old man.

lol

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

op is wrong

Budapest is the film of the year

also the set design using the whimsical miniatures was fantastic: http://imgur.com/a/oqEnx

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im glad everyone here agrees that edge of tomorrow was better than any bullshit wes anderson has attempted

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TEAYCHES posted:

im glad everyone here agrees that edge of tomorrow was better than any bullshit wes anderson has attempted

Edge of Tomorrow was ok. Not as good as most of the WA films.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Harime Nui posted:

I'm a 27 year old man.

e: I'm bisexual.

ee: I'm 1/3 German 1/3 Swedish 1/2 Mexican

eee: I'm an atheist

eeee: I'm an alcoholic

eeeee: I hate myself and, I want to die

Lol, you're a 27 year old male obsessed with cartoons for children. Just kill yourself already before everyone you meet laughs themselves to death. Hundreds of lives could be saved!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Hobohemian posted:

Lol, you're a 27 year old male obsessed with cartoons for children. Just kill yourself already before everyone you meet laughs themselves to death. Hundreds of lives could be saved!

hmmmmm

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HN, I like you. In spite of that, I think you have absolutely terrible movie sense and should stop talking about them online where people might be misled.

E: and don't kill you're self. you can kill pyschomonkey if you want, tho

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Harime Nui posted:

this was an incredibly mean own on GBS resident gay man, teayches

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm friends with people who love Pacific Rim and hate Prometheus, like, IRL, as human beings where we hang out in each others' living rooms and drink beer while shouting at the TV, does that help.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i havent watched moonrise kingdom but i also irrationally hated fantastic mr fox. i dont believe in stealing and i dont think its funny at all just because its a cartoon fox

i hated fox also. but i liked moonrise and i liked grand budapest. before thsoe two the only anderson movie i really liked was rushmore

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harime Nui posted:

I'm friends with people who love Pacific Rim and hate Prometheus, like, IRL, as human beings where we hang out in each others' living rooms and drink beer while shouting at the TV, does that help.

Pacific Rim is worse than GoG.

Pacific Rim is abhorrent.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Well, the point was, IRL I don't give a poo poo about what movies you like or don't :shrug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i liked both prometheus and pacific rim. both movies own

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
people poo poo on darjeeling limted but I liked it alright

wes andrson you keep on filming poo poo the same way you do in lie every movie and I will keep watching

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Harime Nui posted:

Well, the point was, IRL I don't give a poo poo about what movies you like or don't :shrug:

He doesn't care so much, he posted over 40 times about how he just don't give a F. How do you people not understand this?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Well you see, IRL, I killed a guy with my ba'atleth when he said movies were bad, so with the medium as a whole rescued I felt I'd established my cred.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Harime Nui posted:

movies were bad

nah

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Harime Nui posted:

Well you see, IRL, I killed a guy with my ba'atleth when he said movies were bad, so with the medium as a whole rescued I felt I'd established my cred.

honor restored

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i hated fox also. but i liked moonrise and i liked grand budapest. before thsoe two the only anderson movie i really liked was rushmore

rushmore was aight

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i watched 45 boring, unfunny minutes of Bottle Rocket and came to the conclusion that wes anderson is a man who goes through life with his head placed firmly up his own rear end on a daily basis. good to see that he hasn't changed

did i mention he's responsible for starting Owen Wilson's acting career? good poo poo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
call him by his real name

nose noserson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

is it OK to say that i wish nosey owen wilson had succeeded in his suicide attempt? next post decides whether i say it or not

• Locked thread