Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Welp Hood is supremely pissed, maybe as pissed as we've ever seen him. This basically means that Chayton doesn't know it yet, but he's a dead man walking.

I hate that Siobhan is gone but that is what was needed to send Hood over the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

life is killing me posted:

Welp Hood is supremely pissed, maybe as pissed as we've ever seen him. This basically means that Chayton doesn't know it yet, but he's a dead man walking.

In the preview there's a shot of him holding a knife to Chayton's throat while he sleeps. Obviously he's gonna pull back, but how much do you want to bet that it's because it'd be TOO easy, as opposed to him being conveniently interrupted?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

In the preview there's a shot of him holding a knife to Chayton's throat while he sleeps. Obviously he's gonna pull back, but how much do you want to bet that it's because it'd be TOO easy, as opposed to him being conveniently interrupted?

He probably misses his stab like he did with Proctor :downs:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus motherfuck, I need to buy a new tv remote now.
I haven't been this upset with a show since the red wedding. :negative:

I feel like an abused spouse with this show, stop loving making me like characters and then killing them GOD drat IT.
More to the point, stop letting characters know about Hood and then killing them, it's making me think that this show doesn't have the balls to handle that story line or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

Not saying it wasn't a cool episode but good lord was the whole setup forced as hell. Where is absolutely anyone else in this town? Where the hell did Burton go? Why did nobody's cell phone work again?

Also I just noticed that Anthony Starr grows so much goddamn body hair that he has to shave his loving neck otherwise he'd just have a carpet from his chest up to his face.

It's cold in New Zealand bruz

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Deakul posted:

I feel like an abused spouse with this show, stop loving making me like characters and then killing them GOD drat IT.
More to the point, stop letting characters know about Hood and then killing them, it's making me think that this show doesn't have the balls to handle that story line or something.

It's kind of like Gilligan's island. That storyline would end the show.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

It would completely change the show, but that's not the same as ending it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo Antony Starr was on Xena.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
No I think the show is Hood as the Banshee sheriff, I really don't think that's going to change before the ending of the show. I could be wrong but I don't see the point in the show going away from that central concept.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo Antony Starr was on Xena.

Too be fair, half of all NZ actors alive at the time, were in Xercules. Bu the mullet wig makes him look like Ultimate Warrior

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Too be fair, half of all NZ actors people alive at the time, were in Xercules. Bu the mullet wig makes him look like Ultimate Warrior

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wandle Cax posted:

No I think the show is Hood as the Banshee sheriff, I really don't think that's going to change before the ending of the show. I could be wrong but I don't see the point in the show going away from that central concept.

If it keeps going the route of just killing everyone that finds out it's going to become very tiresome and predictable.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Deakul posted:

If it keeps going the route of just killing everyone that finds out it's going to become very tiresome and predictable.

This seemed like the season where Hood was going to be called-to-task for the deception but of course it kind of ends up nullified again shortly thereafter. I feel like after this season Banshee is on really awkward footing with regards to Hood's character having any other real conflicts to explore without just *introducing* them for the plot's own sake. The show is largely about Hood's answering for the past, but we're just about settled on all accounts: The only real-Hood link(the son) is now pretty well settled. The detectives-who-figured-it-out is going to get stale with another iteration, especially since it was a big thing last season with just a quick callback episode this season. The mafia boss he stole from is in the grave, as is the vengeful brother. He's come to terms with the lover he went to prison for. And if Banshee turns into "let's watch Hood turn Deva into a thief" family drama it's going to be pretty miserable. The major thing Hood hasn't answered for or resolved *is* the fact that he isn't Hood, and they keep killing off anyone who can make that connection. Now that this season appears to be willing to somewhat conclude the "awkward relations with the reservation" plot point so I mean...the only thing otherwise interesting about Banshee at this point is the Amish? But I doubt they're going to be coming for vengeance any time soon.

I love this show, I'm just unsure where they go after this season without just randomly dropping in "HOW DARE YOU HIRE A RACE TRAITOR WE WILL BURN YOUR TOWN TO THE GROUND" neo-nazi villain.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea I was a bit disappointed with the FBI plotline last season. It would have been nice for Hood to have an antagonist that he couldn't physically pummel or just murder. Just have him dig around and try to uncover who Hood really is, slowly putting the pieces together. Could have been an interesting way to put the fire to Hood while also giving us bits and pieces of his backstory. But instead he got a bullet to the brain :(

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just started watching this... it is so drat good. The last episode I saw was the thread title.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Firstborn posted:

I just started watching this... it is so drat good. The last episode I saw was the thread title.

Wait, you started in season 3? What is wrong with you?!?!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

suddenlyissoon posted:

Or he binged it and caught up toute de suite. At least I hope so, for him.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

suddenlyissoon posted:

richardfun posted:

Or he binged it and caught up toute de suite. At least I hope so, for him.

In case you guys aren't joking, the original thread title was "Meet the New Boss"; I asked Deadpool to change it last night, shortly after he made that post. So he really did just start.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

DivisionPost posted:

In case you guys aren't joking, the original thread title was "Meet the New Boss"; I asked Deadpool to change it last night, shortly after he made that post. So he really did just start.

I wasn't joking, just hadn't noticed there was a TT change.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I really hope Kai Proctor gets his recognition as one of the greatest villains of all time because he loving deserves it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yodzilla posted:

I really hope Kai Proctor gets his recognition as one of the greatest villains of all time because he loving deserves it.

Totally, and while we're at it, let's throw some love to Chayton as well. Geno Segers has great eyes that can convey a surprising amount of sadness and regret. When Aimee talks about knowing him as a more sensitive kid when they grew up together, I buy it completely. Off a single glance I not only know who he is, but who he was and a little bit about how he got there.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Yeah, the little bit of shading they've given to Chayton through Aimee and Nola has been surprisingly effective. Banshee doesn't do a lot of character development, but what they do is usually pretty good.

And Proctor is the greatest TV antagonist since Al Swedgin. Can't wait to see his escape from the Cadi from his perspective.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 10, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
No, I'm watching S1. I'm up to the episode where the deputy's house burned down from the biker dudes. I think he had sex with three different women in this one episode?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

There was no need for this. Killing her off was a misstep.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Cactus posted:

There was no need for this. Killing her off was a misstep.
I'm still pissed that they killed off Nola, but killing Siobhan two episodes later sucks so hard. They were the best female characters on the show.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Mars4523 posted:

I'm still pissed that they killed off Nola, but killing Siobhan two episodes later sucks so hard. They were the best female characters on the show.

I liked Carrie through season 2, but now she's kind of stale. She'd better heist with the bros for sure.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The showrunner talked about how they didn't think they could get Odette Annable back this season so they didn't write her into the show. When they found out they could get her for a few episodes they had to shoehorn her in. I liked her character but I think it came down to just not being able to get her long term.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Niwrad posted:

The showrunner talked about how they didn't think they could get Odette Annable back this season so they didn't write her into the show. When they found out they could get her for a few episodes they had to shoehorn her in. I liked her character but I think it came down to just not being able to get her long term.

Well she has at least one other project going on...she's in Rush, for one, and I could swear I saw her in a movie recently, and maybe another show.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

life is killing me posted:

I liked Carrie through season 2, but now she's kind of stale. She'd better heist with the bros for sure.

I don't even know where that whole storyline with the height and crazy military base is going. It's honestly not nearly as interesting as everything else.

And yeah Carrie kinda blows.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This show is way too goddamned good for what it is and I cannot wait for the unholy can of whoop-rear end Hood is about to unleash upon the Redbones.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
How many Redbones are there anyway? It seemed like there were maybe 15-20 at first, but Proctor and Hood have burned through so many of them and they keep respawning

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
So the banshie origins episode focusing oh chayton. Did his voice noticeably get deeper when he assumed a leadership role?

It seemed pretty blatant

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He needs to voice Darkseid in the Justice league movie.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Roundboy posted:

So the banshie origins episode focusing oh chayton. Did his voice noticeably get deeper when he assumed a leadership role?

It seemed pretty blatant

Seems like it's been as deep as it always has been since he first threw Hood into a wall like he was a rag doll

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Soothing Vapors posted:

How many Redbones are there anyway? It seemed like there were maybe 15-20 at first, but Proctor and Hood have burned through so many of them and they keep respawning

They're being pulled from the same dimension as the infinite cultists from The Following.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Banshee renewed for fourth season, will be 8 episodes instead of 10.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

"I mean, you could criticize it. You may even get respect for criticizing it. But honestly, unless some of the material hits way too close to home for you (there is a lot of rape and sexual assault in the first season), you might as well enjoy it because there's just too goddamn much to enjoy. "

Is this just like "ok this happened offscreen and is demonstrated by reactions attitudes and dialog" or is it the in your face lets spend 5 very disturbing minutes on a sexual assault?

Show looks interesting, premise kinda reminds me of justified. Some shows though seem to put a lot of effort into showing a villians depravity/cruelty explicitly so that when/if they die it's I guess cathartic? I just find it overboard and really disturbing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VDay posted:

Yay more Banshee but why 8 instead of 10 :(

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

VDay posted:

And they're moving production to Pittsburgh so everything can be blown up in the finale. The Forge, Proctor's mansion, that dump Hood lives in and most of the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

8 eps wtf

Yodzilla posted:

They're being pulled from the same dimension as the infinite cultists from The Following.
hahaha

madpanda posted:

Is this just like "ok this happened offscreen and is demonstrated by reactions attitudes and dialog" or is it the in your face lets spend 5 very disturbing minutes on a sexual assault?
There's one fairly disturbing sexual assault in episode 3, but I can't think of another one. It's disturbing but not especially graphic; nothing, including episode 3, is going to go all Irreversible on you or anything. Other than that, there's a lot of veiled sexual threats but nothing I can remember that's incredibly overt.

That said, your entire post makes me think this is not the show for you.

• Locked thread