Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I get the feeling Hood is going to end up hooking up with the hot Native American cop by the end of this season.

Also love every Job/Sugar scene and hoping we see more Rebecca/Clay scenes of them being sociopaths together. This show rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Hood is going to gently caress every woman in this show, right down to Brock's ex(?) wife.

He's going to kill everyone and get every girl because he's fake Hood

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe season one Hood. Season three Hood is in love with Siobhan and is going to be sad now.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

He might think he's in love with her, but really he's just so damaged that he's looking for any sort of connection with anyone. On the other hand he's quite good at turning his own pain into rage and it seems clear he's about to get to kill a good many people, so...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They will kill off everyone this next episode (Chayton, Hood, Squirrel, Proctor, all the other cops, all the Redbones), and the rest of the series will be split between Sugar/Job starting a private detective agency and Burton/Rebecca opening a karate dojo.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Bag of nails to the face.

That is all.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cactus posted:

That is all.

oh my goodness

(If I wasn't dreading Siobhan's potential death I'd be PRIMED.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't forgive them if they kill Siobhan.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Cactus posted:

That is all.

I like that he plugs in the saw.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Tonight: "Tribal", AKA Assault on Precinct Banshee (love ya, CeeJee):

quote:

Looking to avenge Tommy's death, Chayton and an army of Redbones invade Banshee; while holed up in the Cadi, Proctor becomes increasingly frustrated by his inability to attend to his ailing mother at home.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is apparently a big episode tonight. And I'd probably be more excited if I wasn't 80% sure that Siobhan was going to die tonight, thus protecting Hood's secret and making him extra pissed when he faces off against Chayton.

But I shouldn't whine: buy the ticket, take the ride. And it's gonna be a loving great ride.

While you wait, Cinemax is running the (ever-so-slightly) underrated NFL propaganda piece Draft Day at 8. See you when I see you.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Tonight: "Tribal", AKA Assault on Precinct Banshee (love ya, CeeJee):

I don't know if you noticed, but this is apparently a big episode tonight. And I'd probably be more excited if I wasn't 80% sure that Siobhan was going to die tonight, thus protecting Hood's secret and making him extra pissed when he faces off against Chayton.

But I shouldn't whine: buy the ticket, take the ride. And it's gonna be a loving great ride.

While you wait, Cinemax is running the (ever-so-slightly) underrated NFL propaganda piece Draft Day at 8. See you when I see you.

It seems pretty likely that this is how reformed nazi wannabe cop proves himself, if I remember correctly he's still hanging out inside the building at this time. So yeah, Siobhan dying and him then taking her spot on the force seems like a probable option. Though I suppose there's still a chance that either the new native guy or Brock are the one who gets it. Or hey, maybe nobody dies and Hood just up and hires him anyway because the department actually has enough of a budget for an additional post :v:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 7, 2015

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Perestroika posted:

It seems pretty likely that this is how reformed nazi wannabe cop proves himself, if I remember correctly he's still hanging out inside the building at this time. So yeah, Siobhan dying and him then taking her spot on the force seems like a probably option. Though I suppose there's still a chance that either the new native guy or Brock is the one who gets it. Or hey, maybe nobody dies and Hood just up and hires him anyway because the department actually has enough of a budget for an additional post :v:

I don't want Brock or Native American Cop to die :ohdear:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

DivisionPost posted:

How bad is Tom Welling as the Token Disgruntled Quarterback?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

hcreight posted:

How bad is Tom Welling as the Token Disgruntled Quarterback?

Better than he was, still worse than he should be. He's a big "whatever" in this movie.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
They're gonna do something cool with Neo Nazi Cop and I can't wait to see what.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Surprisingly, I'm okay.

I mean, not really, but part of me thought I'd be enough of a pussy to quit the show.

And yeah, Kurt Bunker is going to be a loving awesome addition to the roster.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 7, 2015

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Why is the lockdown button near the entrance? :wtf:

So much for killing everyone inside Chayton. You let Hood live :v:

:rip:

edit: She was fridged

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 7, 2015

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
She was super fridged.

It's one of those things I knew was coming, but was really hoping I'd be wrong anyways. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if Nola's death hadn't needed to be stuck in somewhere for the actress' leaving, but it still sucked. I've just lost so much sympathy the last few episodes for Carrie that I'm running out of female characters to get attached to. It just felt kinda lazy and cheap, I guess :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ETA until Hood starts banging reservation cop: 4 episodes.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
At least we get more Bunker now, because pretty much every interaction his character had tonight was golden.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Holy gently caress, I thought this episode was going to be nuclear, but it just sets up the next episode as even more balls to the wall crazy and Hood and Proctor both set off to loving murder the Red Bones. I was wondering what could possibly trigger Proctor to absolutely lose his mind but being prevented from being by his mother's side is probably the top 3.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Yeah, that was lazy bullshit. Siobhan was definitely fridged, because the guys in charge are too lazy to work in an outsider knowing Hood's secret (plus, god forbid, she was keeping Hood from banging every named female character on the show).

It's a load of bullshit that Siobhan is dead and, I dunno, Gordon is still alive. Hell as far as "Law abiding cop comes to terms with Hood's dark side" she was still a better option than Brock (words cannot express how few shits I give about his problems).

Motherfuck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Eh, probably, but it'd still be pretty bullshit. But then I vastly prefer Stonebridge to Scott (although at the very least Hood isn't as much of a two pump chump), so maybe it's just me.

Mars4523 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 7, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Some Zero posted:

gently caress

this x100

goddamnit

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She was fridged

KatWithHands posted:

She was super fridged.

Yeah she was. But at least she went out something of a hero, saving Billy's life. My worst-case scenario was that she'd die kind of like that lawyer did. Maybe not shot in the head while disobeying orders, but maybe taking an out-of-nowhere bullet during that scene where Hood told her his real name, then bleeding out in his arms.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 7, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lol. but on the other hand, gently caress

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Any plot development that makes Hood get into long violent fistfights is A-ok with me. This seems like one of them.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

On one hand it sucks Siobhan is dead. On the other hand Proctor and Hood are going to eviscerate some people.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

God-loving damnit.

e: The Hood/Chayton showdown will be loving brutal as hell now, with Hood angrier than he's ever been, but loving hell, goddamnit. Siobhan learning about his past was really interesting. :(

Strabo4 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 7, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anthony Starr is a loving beast.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
You know, I really really liked how Hood didn't scream when he was holding her, all macho badass. That'll all come later. The way Starr actually whimpered and whined was just A+ 'honest-to-god loved her' grief, and I guess that makes it a little better. He's not going to get revenge for a fallen friend, he's going to burn the world down for losing the woman he loved.

Still loving pissed she's gone, but...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Anthony Starr is a loving beast.
"tell me your real name" "Frank"

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Strabo4 posted:

God-loving damnit.

Yeah. For a split second I thought it would end with Hood and Siobhan both taken captive by Chayton but no..... All those gorgeous closeups in their last conversation just add more salt to the wound.

I did like the extra depth they gave Bunker and DA Medding this episode. Medding seems an unlikely new love for Hood though seeing her with her wife/girlfriend at the end.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Bunker, not his swazzies but.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Two episodes tops. He'll mourn in the next one and be back to being Hood in the next.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

For me Brock turned out to be the star of the episode.

"Thank you. For a moment there I felt married again."
"If we don't make it, I just want to say...I woulda been a better sheriff than you."

:allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Not saying it wasn't a cool episode but good lord was the whole setup forced as hell. Where is absolutely anyone else in this town? Where the hell did Burton go? Why did nobody's cell phone work again?

Also I just noticed that Anthony Starr grows so much goddamn body hair that he has to shave his loving neck otherwise he'd just have a carpet from his chest up to his face.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Not saying it wasn't a cool episode but good lord was the whole setup forced as hell. Where is absolutely anyone else in this town? Where the hell did Burton go? Why did nobody's cell phone work again?

Everyone else in the town probably wanted to stay away from the army of Red Bones armed with automatic weapons, Burton was sitting at home reading a book, and the cell phones were being jammed.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Aww man Siobhan :(
I realized, that i really don't want anyone of the cast to die, but in this show it is a necessity. Good job, Bashee.
At first i thought Chayton's tears would be the scariest thing they could show me but then this happened:

Proctor and Hood are gonna burn down the whole town and then continue to fistfight each other on the ashes. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Perestroika posted:

For me Brock turned out to be the star of the episode.

"Thank you. For a moment there I felt married again."
"If we don't make it, I just want to say...I woulda been a better sheriff than you."

:allears:

I like when the lights went out and he was all "well that's no good".

I'm sad Siobhan is gone but it's going to pay off in the end.

• Locked thread