Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jesus christ this episode was loving brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is Burton a stuntman turned actor in real life? That fight scene was so dynamic. When they got into the car I was thinking "Oh good, now she can't swing the hatchet as effectively" then the camera swoops over the roof of the car and the hatchet blade rips through it a few times :stonk:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

life is killing me posted:

Not really related specifically to whether or not Rauch was a stuntman before taking the role of Burton (but I don't believe he was, after reading the article), but thought you other Burton fans might like this

http://doseofbuffa.com/2014/03/20/1320/

Good quote from that interview(keep in mind this was before season 3 started):

"There are times where I am taken aback by the violence. It’s not for the squeamish – it’s a full-on cable show."

lmao when reading this in the hindsight of episode 3

Also there was that one episode with a custom intro, the process of Kai producing some pills, ending on a really good shot of him and his niece. I loved that, wish they had the time/budget to do a unique one every episode.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 26, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was going to complain about the product placement, but then they show the characters balking at the price, then going back to steal the overpriced product later on.

Then even later on when the character is dropping off the stolen thing, you get a closeup and it is the Day One Edition of the game further cementing the ice burn since it is still overpriced 2 years later. Anti product placement?

A bit of a slow burn after last week's episode but I liked seeing Niece and Attack Dog team up and get poo poo done. They seem like a good power couple.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can somebody link to the preview?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That FPS footage looks like a badass set of music videos done in the same style. If the guys who made those music videos have anything to do with this episode it will be great.

the video in question (I think they did more than one like this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1swFxkicrjk

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?
I just assumed he took 3 shells to the chest with military body armor and was badass enough to be able to shake that off.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favourite scene this season was Rebecca and Burton teaming up and attacking the van. They worked really well together and I thought they were going to become closer allies.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

life is killing me posted:

Still not sure how Stowe took like three shotty blasts, though. That's a stretch even for Banshee

Someone itt speculated they went in with beanbag rounds as a first resort since it was a military base and all. A badass could take 3 beanbags with kevlar.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DivisionPost posted:

GET READY FO THE PAIN

THE PAIN TRAIN IS COMIN

WHOO WHOO

WHOO WHOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbEOAbr5R90

aw man I thought I read JUNE 29 at the end

rejutka posted:

Was that a character death? :ohdear:

That's what I saw too, but I rewatched it and it may just be a similar looking guy? Either way if its really that character it's more of a spoiler that he lives, since why would they spoil that?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rapeface posted:

I used to think so too, but after seeing her act in so much stuff, she's joined the ranks of the super hot girls I don't find hot anymore along with Blake Lively and Julie Bowen.

Oh I'm sure she could fake an orgasm just fine don't write her off

• Locked thread