Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

The Duke posted:

The only CG I thought was terrible was the hilarious truck flip in the pilot episode

Shout out to the Strike Back bus, I forgot all about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
There were about three and a half seconds there where I actually thought Matthew Rauch was under that fat suit. It made no sense, he was too tall, and the eyes were wrong, but for some reason I just wanted the show to be flat out cheeky enough to try and pull it off anyway.

Also, either things don't bode well for Lotus' ex, or she's now one of the safest women in Banshee.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

I'm sure the guy who plays Burton is a nice guy and not creepy at all in real life but I have a hard time believing it when I see this grin during the filming of that scene.

Every behind the scenes thing or twitter post he's shown up in, he's looked to be an absolute sweetheart, but isn't that always the way it goes? The nicest people make the creepiest characters. Kudos to the guy for being able to pull off something that dark. Hopefully after he's done on Banshee (years from now and with the bombastic ending he truly deserves), he'll get more roles outside of the series bit-parts he's had previously.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Come back with a trip report when you're done, buddy.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So when Strike Back ends this year (:(), can the boys pick up their roadtrip where they left off, and maybe show up in a certain small town with big secrets?

(I still remember watching the first season of Banshee and not being able to get over how Hood is like Cinemax couldn't decide if they liked Scott or Stonebridge better, so they just made a clone of them both and gave him a show. Hood's real last name is Scottbridge.)

edit: VVVV loving YES.

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 28, 2015

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
She was super fridged.

It's one of those things I knew was coming, but was really hoping I'd be wrong anyways. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if Nola's death hadn't needed to be stuck in somewhere for the actress' leaving, but it still sucked. I've just lost so much sympathy the last few episodes for Carrie that I'm running out of female characters to get attached to. It just felt kinda lazy and cheap, I guess :(

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
You know, I really really liked how Hood didn't scream when he was holding her, all macho badass. That'll all come later. The way Starr actually whimpered and whined was just A+ 'honest-to-god loved her' grief, and I guess that makes it a little better. He's not going to get revenge for a fallen friend, he's going to burn the world down for losing the woman he loved.

Still loving pissed she's gone, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
For a show that started out as just a vulgar but cool action extravaganza, I absolutely adore how they take episodes and experiment with different styles and formats and try out artsy stuff. It keeps it from getting to be too procedural or too much, like just too much gore or too much sex.

• Locked thread