Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This show is basically pure id and it owns. On an intellectual level you realise that you really shouldn't be rooting for these people and should be horrified by what's happening, but when the time comes and the current antagonist gets what's coming to them (and goddamn do they ever get it :stonk:) it's just so goddamn cathartic that it doesn't even matter and you can't help but cheer them on.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:tviv:

Yeah, Nola's sendoff came a bit out of nowhere and was a bit rushed, but there's not much you can do when actor's schedules get difficult. But what a drat sendoff that was. drat, this show is downright exhausting to watch, and I have no idea how they'll manage to sustain this kind of pace and energy the whole season through. But I'm sure they'll manage it regardless :allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

suddenlyissoon posted:

I'm sure the guy who plays Burton is a nice guy and not creepy at all in real life but I have a hard time believing it when I see this grin during the filming of that scene.

Ahaha, it's so incredibly weird to see him smile.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

G-Whizard posted:

So is Strike Back actually good? The first 2 episodes were included with my blu Ray of Banshee season 1. I started episode one and thought it was pretty bad. Someone sell me.

Note that the first season of Strike Back (when the series was still made in britain exclusively and not by Cinemax) is very, very different in tone to the point of being almost a different show altogether. I'm not sure which season the Banshee bluray takes its episodes from, but if it's the first you might just wanna consider skipping straight to season 2. It has a new set of protagonists and isn't really connected to the first season at all.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Tonight: "Tribal", AKA Assault on Precinct Banshee (love ya, CeeJee):

I don't know if you noticed, but this is apparently a big episode tonight. And I'd probably be more excited if I wasn't 80% sure that Siobhan was going to die tonight, thus protecting Hood's secret and making him extra pissed when he faces off against Chayton.

But I shouldn't whine: buy the ticket, take the ride. And it's gonna be a loving great ride.

While you wait, Cinemax is running the (ever-so-slightly) underrated NFL propaganda piece Draft Day at 8. See you when I see you.

It seems pretty likely that this is how reformed nazi wannabe cop proves himself, if I remember correctly he's still hanging out inside the building at this time. So yeah, Siobhan dying and him then taking her spot on the force seems like a probable option. Though I suppose there's still a chance that either the new native guy or Brock are the one who gets it. Or hey, maybe nobody dies and Hood just up and hires him anyway because the department actually has enough of a budget for an additional post :v:

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 7, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

For me Brock turned out to be the star of the episode.

"Thank you. For a moment there I felt married again."
"If we don't make it, I just want to say...I woulda been a better sheriff than you."

:allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

There are also a few scenes of domestic violence, though that eventually gets resolved in the most satisfying way.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Going by next week's preview: looks like a good chunk of it will be shot in first-person.

It may not always work, but I'm happy that the directors and producers have been willing to add so many artsy touches to the show as it progresses, as it keeps the show fresh.

Yeah, I enjoy that they keep trying new stuff. The whole flashback-framing in the last episode worked really well, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:magical:

Well, that was quite possibly the most definitive way of finishing up a storyline I've seen on TV. With Chayton out of the way and Rebecca's storyline progressing the way it does, I wonder whether this season might be the last we see of Proctor.

• Locked thread