Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

I've been bingeing through this show since Monday thanks to that great OP. I've had MaxGO for a while but never had any interest in their original series because I thought it would be terrible B movie-grade. How wrong I was. It's like I wrote this show when I was 15.

The CGI is so terrible in some spots, it comes back around to endearing.

And the graphic on the site made me think it was animated for some reason.

E: I also love Wire actors on other shows for some reason, and Burrell as Sugar is just perfect.

E2: Holy poo poo Hood just decapitated Not-Jason-Statham with a jackknifing semi-truck. This show is absolutely ridiculous in the best possible way.

E3: VVV I think I mean green screen.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

rejutka posted:

Pink shirts are hyper masculine. It means you've been murderlizing folks.

He murdalyzes people, and he's bad at laundry. Because the shirts were white originally and he forgot to use oxi-clean in the wash and all the blood turned the shirts pink.

I would like to see more go into a back story on him though, beyond the 'Origins' 2-minute video. Or maybe he's better as a mute killing machine, I can't decide.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Rizza posted:

And don't forget the piece of glass stuck in his cheek.

Man, that was the absolute craziest episode- right up there with the MMA guy and the Albino episodes. Who rips a hole in somebody's throat with a Rolls Royce hood emblem then pulls out the whole network of pipes (with tongue attached)?! Fuuu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnBvrV8IW4

I'm just saying, Swayze :rip: didn't need a hood ornament :v: I think the MMA guy fight was my favorite of the show so far just because I kept thinking :stare: he's not stopping :stare:, but this one was also incredible.

Also, Holy poo poo this loving show. I love Brock's arc of coming around to being a badass rule breaker.

Are the other Cinemax shows this awesome?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Note that the first season of Strike Back (when the series was still made in britain exclusively and not by Cinemax) is very, very different in tone to the point of being almost a different show altogether. I'm not sure which season the Banshee bluray takes its episodes from, but if it's the first you might just wanna consider skipping straight to season 2. It has a new set of protagonists and isn't really connected to the first season at all.

I suffered through season 1, the 2 pilot episodes are probably the best. Rhona Mitra joins in season 2, making it a proper B action movie.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ray Donovan had potential to be interesting with him being a fixer of messes for the rich and powerful, but wasted it all on dumb family poo poo no one gives a gently caress about. At least for season 1. I never bothered to check on 2.

Season 2 is more of the same. 'Hey we've got a couple of powerhouse actors in Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight, why don't we have a bunch of crappy child actors on screen as much as possible? Also let's write the wife character using as many TV tropes as possible.'

Did anyone else cringe during the 'I keep waking up from the dream to realize it's real life that's become the nightmare' speech? I could not believe that was real.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 31, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

...! posted:

It looks like I'm going against the popular opinion here but I hated this episode. It's the only episode of the show I haven't liked. The funky cameras made it hard to tell what was going on and as an added bonus it gave me motion sickness. I'm one of those people who threw up after seeing The Blair Witch Project. It wasn't fun then and it wasn't fun tonight.

Already I've seen the lens shade on the first shot of Chayton. And it's unrelated but I've seen Job's PAWS shirt in like 4 different shows by now. Dava's child fight club/FOOT CLAN gang thing has been done to death and is boring as heck.

But I do like that they're taking risks with camera work, really digging Hood's flashback/haunted cam.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The ceramic SAPI plate is made to take one, possibly two, rifle round and shatter. The bean bag, at the range Stowe was shot from, probably did not have enough time to expand and disperse the force of the blast. So I could see the beanbag theory working if the first 2 rounds crack the plate and the third actually connecting to slow him down. Did he have a flak jacket on along with the plate? Those are Kevlar, that could help disperse the force as well.

At the minimum, Stowe should have some broken ribs.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The fact that Stowe has his guys doing heists and computer hacking with zero oversight and not painting rocks or raking sand probably makes him the coolest officer in the entire military.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I never watch the intro, the music fake-ends (decrescendo?) like 4 times. But now I think I should.

E: Gordon's left-handed sniper poo poo is driving me nuts, and why does Hood only use a pistol ever, and stay in the same spot next to the humvee? You'd think they'd want to move fast for this rescue, but i guess being pinned by one henchman loving up a side view mirror in the parking lot while they wait for the gang to rescue themselves was the plan all along. This show is usually way better about the tactilol stuff, it's not like there's no precedent for Hood pulling a one man army.

Also the dude that Job fights is doing moves straight out of 90's USMC boot camp karate classes :corsair:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 14, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I really feel for Brock. He just wanted to make the town a little more decent, and then one day a new sheriff arrived. Since then, everything's coming up psychos.

I want Brock to become sheriff but be tolerant of Hood's antics as he levels the city in order to take down Proctor, since originally in S1 he alluded to Proctor being the problem with Banshee. Like I want to see how far a good man can go over the edge for the greater good and still come back. Also Bunker needs to become Hood's apprentice as far as letting 'the darkness' take over.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

life is killing me posted:

Haha yes! The spinoff could just be the same show and all the same events from Proctor's perspective.

Didn't some goon write a short story about Dr. Robotnik's perspective as a small business owner trying to stop a blue rodent from destroying his factory?

An episode written from the local butcher who sells some drugs on the side struggling against some lunatic new sheriff would be fantastic.

• Locked thread