Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ah that's MSU's secret! They are giving out starburst candy on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Well yeah, most coaches do. But that hasn't stopped Iowa State from having fun in the meantime, and so on and so forth, so you should just enjoy it while you can. One day, Self is going to ditch Kansas for the Thunder, where he'll proceed to flame out and then coach Oklahoma State, but in the meantime, buncha conference championships. Go with the flow.

If Manning wins us even one championship in the goddamn ACC I'll love him even after leaving. The only way I'd be upset is if we seem on the cusp and he skips town. But that's the future. Right now he's a golden god.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Looks like its conference time and that means Baylor will drop 8 of their next 10 to good teams (big 12 is the best conference in the nation, at everything) and drop out of the rankings and the ncaa tournament and then they'll win 8 in a row to sneak back in the tournament and Win the National CHampionship, congrats all

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Holy poo poo why didn't anyone tell me how awesome Bill Walton is? Best announcer ever. #billwalton is the best.

"You ever been to Joshua Tree? It's a perfect example of erosion. Exactly what UCLA has done in the second half."

"Have you ever been to Rock Island, IL?" "No." "...you need to get out more."

"Neil Young, my first concert here at UCLA. Don't let it bring you down. It's only castles burning."

"When you're up against it, you gotta go to a song. Listen to the music when you get confused."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You need to watch more Pac-12 games if this is your first exposure to Bill Walton

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I have never smoked a bowl and then watched a game that Bill Walton was announcing, but I imagine it would be an amazing experience.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What the gently caress, Mizzou beat LSU tonight?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Looks like its conference time and that means Baylor will drop 8 of their next 10 to good teams (big 12 is the best conference in the nation, at everything) and drop out of the rankings and the ncaa tournament and then they'll win 8 in a row to sneak back in the tournament and Win the National CHampionship, congrats all

get your math right

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

Benne posted:

You need to watch more Pac-12 games if this is your first exposure to Bill Walton

Yeah, I've been wasting my basketball viewing life.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

rockamiclikeavandal posted:

Yeah, I've been wasting my basketball viewing life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Well, IU is making GBS threads it up again early against OSU. At least the Buckeyes haven't really taken advantage.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Well, IU is making GBS threads it up again early against OSU. At least the Buckeyes haven't really taken advantage.

OSU doesn't quite know what to do on offense when Russell isn't out there. And our big men? Bless their hearts they tryin.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Hey, Zeisloft remembered how to shoot threes. Good for him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I've never seen a group of 3 big men all play so passive and lovely as Williams/McDonald/Lee for OSU. All solid recruits, all worthless. Please god Matta let someone else pick who you recruit for size.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Oh, Teddy... :allears:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Oh, Teddy... :allears:

Valentine doin his thang

I'd be upset but he's consistent

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Soon I will be leaving to see the poor Drake Bulldogs get slowly choked to death by #23 UNI. Looking at the odds (Drake +13, O/U 116.5), Vegas seems to think Drake will score around 52 points. Personally, I'm not sure how they will even get to 40...

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Ha ha Kentucky this suddenly being vulnerable thing was funny on Tuesday but it's played out

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

gently caress a Cyclone

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Troy Williams is taking over this game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hello Towel posted:

Troy Williams is taking over this game.

Yeah pretty passive and emotionless game for OSU, which has happened a few times now this season. They don't believe they can win and why should they, when Sam Thompson has to play Center because everyone over 6'7 is poo poo. They really just have nothing they can do if Russell isn't hitting his shots.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ted Valentine just waived off his own call, he is a one man show now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Its my second favorite time of the year. where I veil my contempt for women's basketball because I am being paid to talk about it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Its my second favorite time of the year. where I veil my contempt for women's basketball because I am being paid to talk about it.

But the fundamentals Andichu, the fundamentals.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

But the fundamentals Andichu, the fundamentals.

I have an entire rant about how we've rigged the women's game to be bad and boring. They've taken steps (like adding a timeline) but lord.

WVU is playing Baylor and I wouldn't be so annoyed if I wasn't also working a men's game that starts at 8 so I won't get to do anything between the games. But hey, 350 bucks for sitting on my rear end for a couple hours. I hope I don't have to do slider for the men's game.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Both teams tried hard to lose it at the end, but IU comes out on top. 2-1 to start the conference season is pretty good.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Do you cover WVUs women's games or something?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Do you cover WVUs women's games or something?

I am working for Root/WV Illustrated, today so yeah. Thankfully since less of their games have been on TV i've been spared because we're only mediocre (we're maybe an 8-10 seed). But I've got like four Big XII women's games coming up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also I hope I don't have to do postgame with Mulkey because she's one of the most miserable assholes I've dealt with in any sport.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I feel like Kentucky is deliberately playing lovely against Ole Miss, Columbia, and now Texas A&M to make the high profile teams they beat like Kansas, Texas, and UCLA look like poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also I hope I don't have to do postgame with Mulkey because she's one of the most miserable assholes I've dealt with in any sport.

Mulkey?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

God, UNC is getting a thousand offensive rebounds and missing every single point-blank putback off of them. Really frustrating game to watch right now.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

gently caress tcu today. also lol that you hate all of baylors Award WInning cHampionship Coaches that OWN HARD

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like Kentucky is deliberately playing lovely against Ole Miss, Columbia, and now Texas A&M to make the high profile teams they beat like Kansas, Texas, and UCLA look like poo poo.

Mulkey?

Baylor women's basketball head coach Kim Mulkey.

(from when Louisiville upset Baylor in the NCAA tournament a couple years back)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I thought the name sounded familiar, I just didn't know that was who WVU was playing in women's.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gently caress tcu today. also lol that you hate all of baylors Award WInning cHampionship Coaches that OWN HARD

I don't personally hate Briles. Never had to deal with him, but Mulkey is maybe the biggest bitch I've ever dealt with, including Mick Cronin. Drew's just a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

dude789 posted:

Baylor women's basketball head coach Kim Mulkey.

(from when Louisiville upset Baylor in the NCAA tournament a couple years back)

another bs ref call ruining Baylor's season, up there with 2010 Duke and 2015 Michigan State Baylor Bears Bitch National CHampions

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
the worst part of baylor season ending ref calls is that no one cares about the school and the call isnt as outrageous as like the dallas/detroit call so no one remembers, except me

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't personally hate Briles. Never had to deal with him, but Mulkey is maybe the biggest bitch I've ever dealt with, including Mick Cronin. Drew's just a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

i dont hate your coaches but i probably hate all of your fans when theyre at home. theyre nicer than TCU fans away though, TCU sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i dont hate your coaches but i probably hate all of your fans when theyre at home. theyre nicer than TCU fans away though, TCU sucks

our fans are pretty chill. they'll invite you to their tailgate to share in 'shine and whatever they've cooked up.

• Locked thread