Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't think taking over the glee club was even a wholly "Finn" thing either. Sam and Blaine pretty much co-ran the New Directions in season 4 and 5. Of all things to come out of nowhere on this show, this one did come out of somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

He didn't get Rachel though, Jesse did.

That's literally the only difference.

And like, I totally get how it makes sense but at the same time it often felt like Chord Overstreet reading lines written for Finn. Not always, but often enough to feel weird.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean, I get what you're trying to say but, like...literally no. None of Sam's lines in the finale would've worked if they were transplanted onto Finn.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say but, like...literally no. None of Sam's lines in the finale would've worked if they were transplanted onto Finn.

I dunno, when he went into teacher mode that jumped out at me. And I suppose I should've said it happened a lot more with his interactions with Rachel so I was more referring to the season as a whole rather than just the finale.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The flashback episode was completely pointless because only half of it happened before the pilot but I was kind of impressed with the acting and the hair/makeup. It actually looked like it was from season one despite Hollywood changing their appearances. Autistic Rachel was always funny to me.

Finale was alright. Sue becoming the vice president is the dumbest thing that this show has established but everything else was realistic enough. The original five didn't EGOT or anything.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I guess I'm the only one who thought 2009 was an actual collection of deleted scenes cut from the pilot? If that's just what I'm supposed to think, then fine; I wouldn't think they had the budget to pull off something like that shot in the present-day. Y'know, and the whole "Corey Monteith being there" thing.

My main takeaway from the finale was how pointless all of this ended up being. This show didn't make any stars other than arguably Colfer and brought Jane Lynch even more into the mainstream consciousness, but other than that there aren't any success stories coming out of this unceasing morass.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
I cried, but I cry every time they show old footage of or refer to Finn. I do wish we had less 2009 and instead had more 2020 with all of the characters. Though seeing Puck as an rear end was really cool. And seeing The original Don't Stop Believing was a great way to tie it all together.

I watch this and think about what might have been and it makes me sad.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I think I remember an interview with Lea Michele commenting on how hard it was to talk like Season 1 Rachel, and other clips show Jenna and Kevin talking about going back to the 'old days', so 2009 was definitely shot in 2015. :haw:

That last bit with Finn/Corey is literally just the pilot performance footage. You even have that pan up to Sue with Santana and Quinn, glaring.

I really liked 2009, to be honest. (I think Jenna's gotten better at faking a stutter.)

Dreams Come True was... a thing. Like just checkboxes of saccharine happiness.

[As for pointlessness, it could be argued that Glee did a lot to further LGBT representation in mass media. And, uh, Kurt really meant a lot to me a couple years back when I was in high school.]

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man, the ratings for the finale were SO BAD.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

ufarn posted:

Man, the ratings for the finale were SO BAD.

Apparently it was still the highest rated episode of the final season, and higher than last season's finale.

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest in piss

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

the truth posted:

Apparently it was still the highest rated episode of the final season, and higher than last season's finale.

Ironically "2009" got the season high rating. "Dreams Come True" was right in line with the rest of the season. It's just the average of the two hours was the 0.8/season high.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
We got one last ugly-crying Rachel solo. It's over. It's done.

:confuoot:

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Pretty interesting interview with Kevin Mchale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVuYhG6iw_o

Starts at 19:30

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I randomly watched the Season 3 Christmas episode today, and I had totally forgot Finn buying a star and naming it after himself so Rachel would know he was always looking down on her if he were to die or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I finally finished the season. Did Kurt and Blaine end up in an alternate future where the 80s came back?

The best part of the episode was Emma's face when Terri hugged Will in the last number. I miss Jayma Mays.

This final season didn't disappoint me as much as I thought it would, but it didn't really make me feel anything either. It just made me miss the old show, but every season had been doing that.

I'm finally free.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

esperterra posted:

I finally finished the season. Did Kurt and Blaine end up in an alternate future where the 80s came back?

Apparently fashion in 2030 looks like it came straight out of Miami Vice. At least Blaine stopped gelling his hair.

Or, he could have always gone for this look:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

courtney_beth posted:

Apparently fashion in 2030 looks like it came straight out of Miami Vice. At least Blaine stopped gelling his hair.

Or, he could have always gone for this look:

Or mix and match. The future of fashion is 80s Frank-n-Furter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner secretly were married months ago.

• Locked thread