Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

courtney_beth posted:

Also, where are Kurt and Blaine going to live now that they're married? Kurt, I'm assuming, lives back at home with Burt and Carol? And Blaine is still in that weird 1 bdrm with Karofsky until he moves back home?
Ha! He cheated on Karofsky, broke up with him, AND kept the apartment?

...not that Karofsky would have any trouble finding a couch to crash on, if the chorus of ecstatic exes is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Mason (male twin) became interesting, that was cool. I think I like him now. Still not impressed with his sister, largely just because she's boring and her performance seems insincere but also because she's really obviously several years older than everyone else. I know it's normal to cast older, but she's freakin 27 and looks it, and I think that plays a part in making her whole "bubbly young cheerleader" routine come across as insincere.

Still, this Glee club is miles ahead of the last one we got and even incest sister is plenty better than loving Marley "The New Rachel" Rose (whose name I had to look up).

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Poor Robert Smith, what did he do to deserve that.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Oh, Glee roller coaster. The wedding episode was so satisfying and this is just the very worst.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Can't make this poo poo up:

gently caress this bullshit show and the fact that Lea Michele is probably only getting one more solo, in the finale no less. I expect it will be "My Heart Will Go On" in order to round out her Celine Dion songbook.

The baby gay jew only ate up the scenery as much as a late season 4 Darren Criss, which is terrible by acting standards but impressive by child actor standards and parade worthy by Glee standards. The black girl is great and should have been on the show years ago because now we don't get a chance to learn her name. They could have had Tina go to prison for raping Blaine and brought her in as a replacement or just suddenly switched out the actresses for Tina and acted like nothing happened then given her more screen time and songs.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:allears: Oh my god this episode was so wonderful. Nice cleanse to the palette after that wedding episode. Kitty remains the best current character.

"I don't even care if this is some weird blood diamond money. I do deserve it!"

the truth posted:

Can't make this poo poo up:
You know that Youtube views aren't synched to current number of views, right? If you click the video right when it's released, it's gonna have no views. So right now it has 301+ views -- the short-term viewership number "cap" -- same as every other video released last night.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Oddly enough, of all the Glee videos, this is the one that still makes me misty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjGGLnthd7c

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
What is even happening on this show anymore

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
That was the most bizarre thing I've sat through. So much happened and yet nothing happened. Random celebrities and Geraldo taking up 2/3 of the time.

Also, the Europe number was very uncomfortable to sit through.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah this was a really bad episode.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I sort of wish we could have seen Blaine and Warbler's reactions to the news about Dalton burning down. Perhaps standing in the rubble and a heart-felt moment between Kurt and Blaine saying something about it'll live on in their hearts and they'll always have the memories of what brought them together. That would have been much better than the weird Europe sing-off with Will and Sue because it was so embarrassing to watch them in 80s gear dancing around.

Geraldo was a nice (and weird) touch, but having it spent as 2/3 of the episode and focused on Sue was so boring.

Also, don't care that Rachel is going to continue to make terrible decisions. I am tired of listening to her sing and complain and make bad decisions about her future. Good on Sam to encourage her education -- I think he sent her letter to Carmen T. on her behalf. And now that Dalton is burned to the ground, Blaine is unemployed with no future because Nyada kicked him out. Kurt is still a student, so maybe they'll go back together to Kurt's flat that he's still paying for(?) and Blaine will go to NYU or something?

(I have a lot of thoughts about a show that probably isn't worth my time... stupid show).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

The entire episode should've been about how Blaine and the rest of the students -- particularly Jane -- reacted to the merging of the choirs. It's like they had a whole plot planned about the situation and then just decided to resolve it offscreen in time for the group number (which, apropos of nothing, was writting by Darren Criss :allears:)

I don't hate the "Will Rachel go back to school or not" plot...yet. I probably will hate it when the show makes it out like her taking a leading Broadway role is the dumb decision while her going back to NYADA for literally no reason at all is the smart decision. NYADA has been the second-worst thing about the show for several seasons now and it's nice to see things haven't changed.

The actual worst thing about the show is, of course, Sue, which makes it mega awesome how this episode spent gave us straight up thirty minutes of unadulterated Sue. :geno:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Yet another Worst Episode Ever, though this one seemed to be actively trying to be terrible. Sue burned down Dalton, yes?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't really understand how the same people who made several great seasons of tv, can turn the same show into something that is not only really bad, but just a confusing mess.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Oasx posted:

I don't really understand how the same people who made several great seasons of tv, can turn the same show into something that is not only really bad, but just a confusing mess.
I'm phoning it in as a fan/viewer, I can't blame them for phoning it in.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm phoning it in as a fan/viewer, I can't blame them for phoning it in.

They phoned first. :colbert:

Glee was phone. Glee was always phone. :tinfoil:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I think Sue has had songs in more episodes than Rachel this season.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This was the greatest hour of TV I've ever seen.

Just....holy loving poo poo you guys. Glee as bizarre fever dream is always the best Glee.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I love bizarre fever dream Glee. The two previous fever dream episodes of the season were some of my favorites. This episode was just...it's like the took a look at everything that has never worked on this show and made an entire episode out of just those things.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Anyone else surprised that Dreads came back for 1 line about his dreads getting cut off? It was so random. (I almost forgot about it!)

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Get really high and watch Glee, as it was intended.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

courtney_beth posted:

Anyone else surprised that Dreads came back for 1 line about his dreads getting cut off? It was so random. (I almost forgot about it!)

Still more dialogue than Sugar got

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oasx posted:

"several seasons" is maybe a little bit of an overstatement.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The music for the finale sucks.

edit: omfg, they are doing Come Sail Away in the next episode, but I doubt Lea Michele is singing it because she's barely done anything this season. It's probably another Jane Lynch solo or wasted on the new glee club for Sectionals.

the truth fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 8, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malpais Legate posted:

Get really high and watch Glee, as it was intended.

That's the only way I do it.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Pinterest Mom posted:

"several seasons" is maybe a little bit of an overstatement.

Perhaps, i think the shows highpoint was in season 2, though you could argue that that is also where the first problems started to show.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The problems started with conception of the Madonna episode and it was all downhill from there, with a few solid performances scattered throughout the years.

Grooveh
Apr 14, 2007
Why yes, I do enjoy banana bread muffins.
The second episode of this season was really good and had me hoping for a dignified ending to the series. :downs:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Glee, more than anything, is about hope. Namely, it is about the process of being given hope only to have it cruelly snatched away and destroyed right in front of us over and over and over again. :unsmigghh:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
For this being the last season and conclusion of the series, the pacing of these last few episodes has been weird.

I'm hoping as we only have 3 episodes left that they actually resolve some stuff? And give Kurt and Blaine some onscreen time as husbands, since it'd be sad to not know what happened to them after they got married. They've hardly shared 5 words since they've been back from their honeymoon.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I just want Tina to have SOMETHING. Her character is literally just a whiny crybaby, so her getting just ONE THING she wants would be enough Tina resolution for me :doh:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Tina did get something -- a promise from Artie that they'll get married in 9 years if they're both single. :(

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

courtney_beth posted:

Tina did get something -- a promise from Artie that they'll get married in 9 years if they're both single. :(
Oh yes, that's true. Guess I was so over Tina and Artie that I'd blocked that from my memory.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
We have 3 episodes left.... still plenty of time to make this season go from bad to worse. :D

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Five episodes left, let's have a small child join the glee club and have an episode focused on him, and next episode let's make it all about Sue! :suicide:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Aaaaand now we're back to having a pretty great episode. Glee I swear to god.

Rachel and Jesse on "Listen to Your Heart" might be my favorite song of the season. Their duets just get better and better through the years.

But the New Directions performance numbers were goddamn amazing as well, way better than last year's. The whole them and the Warblers combo thing seemed like the most absurd trainwreck last week, but turned out to be priceless.

One more week, biches and hoes. No turning back now.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Glee is like a train wreck, only instead of sending in the emergency responders by car, they just keep sending more trains and the pile of the wreck keeps building higher.

One more week and we get to see how the jenga tower comes down. I can't loving wait.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Another fantastic trainwreck episode. I loved the Cheerio Cannon from season 2 came back for Vocal Adrenaline.

Sue's attack on Bieste was just cruel.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Three words: Jesse St. James :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
This is the episode that should have been on last week. They could have very easily had a throw away comment about Sue going to lead Vocal Adrenaline and combined last week and this week's episodes so they had at least one more week to wrap things up.

More Rachel indecision and blah blah blah Nyada and making bad decisions, while Blaine continues to get 5 words in the background. Lead Warbler had more screen time than him :(

Jesse St James randomly coming back was great! That was a nice surprise. Random but nice.

• Locked thread