Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHERE IS MY COFFEE
Apr 22, 2009

WHO PUT THAT UP THERE
YOU GUYS ARE ASSHOLES
I'm STILL waiting for my Gleek tag.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The first two episodes of this season were so promising and it's crazy how it's completely fallen apart. I get that Will/Sue has been the main conflict since season one but it's completely over the top now. New Directions winning sectionals on the basis of Sue manipulating Vocal Adrenaline to be offensive leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Worse than usual.

At least it's over next week. Can't wait to see the stupid character developments when it doesn't matter anymore.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
ST BERRY IS BACK AND ALIVE AND WELL YESSSS

gently caress YOU SAMCHEL :argh:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The female incest cheerleader is probably the worst performer that has ever been featured on the show. Her face during her solos in Chandelier was distractingly bad. Male incest cheerleader and the skinny black girl were decent additions to the cast.

Come Sail Away should have been a Lea Michele solo or the big group number for nationals back when they won with that Meatloaf song.

the truth fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 15, 2015

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
I was puzzled by the panic mode that everyone went into with the foot injury. Do they not remember that there used to be a wheelchair dude on the team?

I also figured there would be more clashing between new black girl and the Warblers since they were discriminating douches when she tried to join.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That last scene was really lovely, it reminded me of all the good times the show has had.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.
Watched just for the St. Berry. Thanks for the tip! Samchel was god awful and I'm glad that they seem to be pumping the brakes on that.

One more episode. Dumpster fire or dreams delivered. It's going to be glorious either way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

The first two episodes of this season were so promising and it's crazy how it's completely fallen apart. I get that Will/Sue has been the main conflict since season one but it's completely over the top now. New Directions winning sectionals on the basis of Sue manipulating Vocal Adrenaline to be offensive leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Worse than usual.

At least it's over next week. Can't wait to see the stupid character developments when it doesn't matter anymore.

Cory Monteith dying killed this show. We were getting glimpses of greatness with him as New Will after some terribleness, and then when he died, the show (completely understandably) lost its heart and lost its way. :smith:

What the gently caress was up with that Myron bit? :psyboom: Also I'll always have a spot in my heart for this show but it absolutely breaks my heart how it's ending. I did adore that last scene though. Sue owned, and it was absurd, literally and figuratively, but it was perfectly written Sue.

The end of Glee is leaving me so confused. I'm sad to see it go just because Season 1 in particular was possibly my favorite season of television I can remember. It genuinely meant a lot to my life, as absurd as that sounds. It was beautiful and wonderful and amazing. And for several years it's been circling the drain, a caricature of its former self at times, though there were still some great bits. It's time for Glee to go, but like a bad relationship, I stupidly don't want to give up on it. I want to see it get redemption that will never come.

gently caress you, Ryan Murphy, for being so amazing and SO loving terrible.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What the gently caress was up with that Myron bit? :psyboom:
Context doesn't help.

(I loved that performance though.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Context doesn't help.

(I loved that performance though.)

I...see. :stare:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
That's about the same reaction I had when I saw it.

I did enjoy Spencer(?) riding on the chandelier a-la Wrecking Ball, though.

ONE MORE WEEK FOLKS. WE HAVE ALMOST MADE IT TO THE END. Huzzah! :toot:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I haven't actually been able to stay focused the last two eps at all. I'm going to have to power through rewatches. But it's so close to being over.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

http://t.co/AHi2T0Xmju

The last Rachel solo, an original song written by Darren Criss. It's ok.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I love waffles.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

We should just emptyquote this until the end of the thread. Best Kitty moment right there.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Kitty has been my hands down favorite character of the season. How far she's come from the character whose first real storyline was all about making Marley think she's bulimic. :sweatdrop:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
In less than 24 hours our suffering will be over. We'll sit through the last two hours of this show and never have to watch again! :D

It's a bit bittersweet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

courtney_beth posted:

In less than 24 hours our suffering will be over. We'll sit through the last two hours of this show and never have to watch again! :D

Until the reunion movie, that is

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

Kitty has been my hands down favorite character of the season. How far she's come from the character whose first real storyline was all about making Marley think she's bulimic. :sweatdrop:

Yeah, now she babysits a twelve year old and says "I love waffles." Look at that character growth.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Malpais Legate posted:

Yeah, now she babysits a twelve year old and says "I love waffles." Look at that character growth.

I don't think you "get" Glee.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Uhh excuse me, this season her hair and makeup changed significantly.* That's character growth

* so we could tell her apart from Quinn

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Error 404 posted:

I don't think you "get" Glee.

I probably don't. People in this thread keep talking about how this show was "good" once. Also what is up with the gushing about Lea Michelle?

All I remember is a bunch of mildy-to-majorly offensive sequences carouselling through the last five seasons in-between some musical numbers I mostly fast-forwarded through.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Malpais Legate posted:

I probably don't. People in this thread keep talking about how this show was "good" once. Also what is up with the gushing about Lea Michelle?

All I remember is a bunch of mildy-to-majorly offensive sequences carouselling through the last five seasons in-between some musical numbers I mostly fast-forwarded through.

Why did you keep watching?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Because it's a trainwreck of television that I can't look away from. Ryan Murphy's a terrible writer and I find it amusing that people look to this as "good family television." Kind of like the Big Bang Theory, but only slightly more watchable.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Malpais Legate posted:

Because it's a trainwreck of television that I can't look away from. Ryan Murphy's a terrible writer

Oh, you do "get" Glee.

quote:

I find it amusing that people look to this as "good family television." Kind of like the Big Bang Theory, but only slightly more watchable.

I don't think anyone here actually believes that.

It's just a hilarious and insane fever dream of a show. And also we love waffles. :buddy:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

That still doesn't explain the borderline creepy Lea Michelle worship. After ever episode this thread was flooded with "X should have been a Lea Michelle solo" and I honestly can't tell if you guys are being ironic about it or not.

But yeah, the best episodes of Glee are the ones where the writers obviously smoked a joint or twelve before getting to work.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Malpais Legate posted:

That still doesn't explain the borderline creepy Lea Michelle worship. After ever episode this thread was flooded with "X should have been a Lea Michelle solo" and I honestly can't tell if you guys are being ironic about it or not.

But yeah, the best episodes of Glee are the ones where the writers obviously smoked a joint or twelve before getting to work.

Yeah no, some are big fans (not me) others are just being funny because she's so clearly the "main character that everything works out for" and mocking that is fun.

You should probably smoke something and relax too.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Malpais Legate posted:

The joke is that for the last four seasons everything has revolved around her character, and now suddenly we have several episodes where she barely speaks.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Error 404 posted:

You should probably smoke something and relax too.

Nobody wanders into TV IV while sober.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Malpais Legate posted:

Isn't that just the truth? (The poster, not an insistence that Lea Michele is in fact the best ever.)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Malpais Legate posted:

That's just one single guy who does that (the truth)

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I never got the Lea Michele worship either, I always thought Mercedes was at least as talented, and Santa a better all-around package (maybe not as technically proficient, but as enjoyable a performer and certainly easier on the eyes.)

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Malpais Legate posted:

Pretty sure that's just me at this point. I don't see the point in giving huge songs to newbies that no one cares about when they already have a star with an amazing, versatile voice and musicality, especially in the final season. Plus, her songs actually sell. It would have been nice to have solo covers of her singing Time After Time, Come Sail Away, or even Break Free.

Edit:

Mercedes has a nice voice, but there is a reason she is queen of the park and bark - her voice isn't versatile and she takes every song to church.

Santana kicks rear end and she's my favorite character, but that isn't saying much. She wasn't going to get any songs this year after the hullabaloo at the end of last season.

the truth fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 20, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Tonight's the night, homies and homos.

On this baleful eve we weed out the weak from the strong, the chaff from the oak, the men/women/transmen/transwomen/Santanas from the boys/girls/Quinns.

I wanna thank Grilled Christ for dragging me kicking and screaming through the past six years and for giving me the strength to withstand the Kate Hudson episodes and also that one about vapo-rape. Also, the twerking. I am truly a changed man thanks to Glee, and me and my newfound arrhythmia will be always be grateful for it.

Godspeed, all you nubile singers/dancers/folks-who-kinda-tried.

Malpais Legate posted:

Yeah the truth is literally the only one who does this. I mean, I like her songs too, but he's the one who's been...uh, fappy...about it forever.

Now, Darren Criss on the other hand...:allears:

Oasx posted:

The joke is that for the last four seasons everything has revolved around her character, and now suddenly we have several episodes where she barely speaks.
Everything still revolves around her character. The last few episodes made huge deals about her Life Decision Woes, and multiple episodes of the season were all about characters literally upending their lives and flying across the country to handhold her through her issues.

Which is fine, I mean, it gave the season...somewhat...of an arc. I'd rather seven more hours about poor Rachel's pre-mid-life-crises than another instant spent on Sue or Will*.

*well, not really

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 20, 2015

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
If the series doesn't end with Quinn getting in a literal trainwreck, it will be an abject failure. :colbert:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Quinn drops out of Yale because she was accepted to a direct PhD program in trains at Harvard. She disappears from everyone's life until she literally crashes the Glee Club ten year reunion because she is texting while driving the train for her thesis.

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah the truth is literally the only one who does this. I mean, I like her songs too, but he's the one who's been...uh, fappy...about it forever.

Never have I ever nor will I ever fap to Lea Michele. I just like her voice and lament that for the past couple years she has had lovely solos.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

I was just going to respond with exactly this. "The Truth" is our resident Lea Michelle fan / apologist, which is adorable.

I'm in the Darren Criss camp and he's the one reason why I watch this show. The episode without Klaine this season was torture. I just hope we at least get some closure tonight... no matter how hosed up and random it is. Can't be worse than the How I Met Your Mother finale... but our luck it'll be so.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Here we go. It's been...fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Here we loving go

• Locked thread