Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Of course an actually good episode gets the lowest rating the show has ever had. Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's unfortunately nothing new. Most of the best episodes of the show actually had some of the lowest ratings.

At least at this point we can pretty confidently say that it no longer matters. :v:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

This was the worst episode yet. It was so hug-feely-serious. The writers need to be doing LSD, not weed. Glee has no reason to strive for ratings anymore, they just need to go entirely off the hinges and end with Sue fighting in a giant mechanical robot against the Glee club in their own Megazord.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Malpais Legate posted:

they just need to go entirely off the hinges and end with Sue fighting in a giant mechanical robot against the Glee club in their own Megazord.

This would be great.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I actually had to take a moment to be sure that that hasn't already happened on the show.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Naturally the Megazord will be missing a piece, like an arm or a leg because Finn is dead.

So the new Glee club kids combine their efforts and replace him, only nobody cares because they're basically glorified extras and not even Rachel learned their names let alone the audience.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I loved the random redhead pretending to be Emma during the closing dinner/sequence.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Making all of the Lea Michele songs duets with White Chocolate is a travesty. Time After Time? Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ETB posted:

I loved the random redhead pretending to be Emma during the closing dinner/sequence.

Purestrain Glee.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I was surprised at how well Dave handled the break-up with Blaine. He didn't get douchey about it, but just was like "Welp, I had a hot guy give me his number as well so let's just be friends and we can go about our business". Also, Blaine is an rear end in a top hat because he keeps cheating on his boyfriends. But nice call back to the Gap guy - surprised there was no reference to Kurt's dead bird.

Rest of the episode was a rollercoaster. Some very high highs and low lows. Felt very lackluster for a Valentine's Day episode.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The lampshade hanging on NONE OF THE ORIGINAL CAST KNOWING THE NEW KIDS' NAMES was the best.

Maybe I will get my Gundam combat episode.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Goddamn it I hate Rachel and Sam and Beiste's transitioning storyline ughhhhh

But Emma's back and Blaine sang another power-pop ballad so I guess I can tolerate this BS

e: AND RACHEL SINGING TIME AFTER TIME (totally ignoring Sam, nope he ain't there)

e: Oh my god Karofsky, what the gently caress and you are adorable and what the gently caress why weren't you more upset BUT PUPPY DOG BLAINE NO DON'T BE SAD PLS NO NOOOO

More editing (okay I rly should've waited for this to be over before posting): Vocal Adrenaline dropping to the ground in unison was too funny for some reason idek

Also okay the trans choir was p cool AND SUE'S HOUNDS OMG

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 14, 2015

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

bubblelubble posted:

Goddamn it I hate Rachel and Sam

Well obviously her storyline needs to have a love interest! If it can't be Finn then they've got to go with the next-cutest straight guy. Because a woman with big dreams and ambition can't be independent, you see.

I know I sound cynical (blame watching The Slap pilot, holy hell) but I actually enjoyed this ep.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I actually enjoyed this ep.

That's okay cos same. Might be my favourite of the season, I think

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Well obviously her storyline needs to have a love interest! If it can't be Finn then they've got to go with the next-cutest straight guy. Because a woman with big dreams and ambition can't be independent, you see.

I know I sound cynical (blame watching The Slap pilot, holy hell) but I actually enjoyed this ep.

Rachel has only two loves: herself and her career. I wish they didn't take both of those away from her. <:mad:>

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I...did not like this episode. It was just kinda disappointing after the cracky frenetic fun of the last three episodes filled with drones and Brittany and self-references. Every time the show seems to learn from old mistakes...

We have the second "everyone get together to handhold Rachel through human life problems" plot in as many weeks. Once is sweet. Twice is "we ran out of plots." At least the house party performances were all great. Mercedes should get together with Roderick.

Beiste's plot happened exactly the way everyone would expect it to happen in every single way. Which isn't necessarily bad, except we got the same old long-suffering "We can't retaliate because we have to be better than our bullies!" passivity that has literally never made sense before on the show and didn't start now either. At least the show remembers that Unique exists...when they need to trot her out as a person-shaped fortune cookie instead of an actual character.

Will's plot...happened. Emma gives him the same speech she gave to him during the first episode of the series. I rooted a little for the Vocal Adrenaline guy.

Kurt and Blaine are the same trainwreck right now as they were at the end of the last season, except now they're wrecking other people in the process as well. Maybe Karofsky should study the receivers instead of the linemen during his games and actually catch a break for once. Actually, this isn't much different from when Kurt strung that Adam guy along and then treated him like poo poo at the end. Yes, we're literally at the point of the story where Dave Karofsky is too good for Kurt or Blaine.

:psyduck:

(Oh wait, they still have one more guy's week they have to ruin, when Kurt inevitably tells Harry Hamlin that hey hey, it's not you, it's me!)

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

BrianWilly posted:

(Oh wait, they still have one more guy's week they have to ruin, when Kurt inevitably tells Harry Hamlin that hey hey, it's not you, it's me!)
And then a cynical Rachel with a new haircut has to solve Kurt's mysterious murder.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AnimeJune posted:

And then a cynical Rachel with a new haircut has to solve Kurt's mysterious murder.

I know what this is referencing and all but can 'cynical Rachel with a new haircut' just be Samara-Rachel?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dang, Blaine's mom is insanely pretty

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I. LOVED. this episode.

It's like when you are in a doomed abusive relationship that is quickly spiraling towards its end, but you have one of those moments, however brief, where everything just clicks and works and you remember why you ever got together in the first place.

Will as Macklemore while a bunch of kids roll their eyes was perfect.

So good to have Unique back for a cameo, and holy the poo poo the Glee Trans Choir!!!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I heard that details are surfacing about the finale and there's already people in an OUTRAGE since episodes are being shown in new order.

Let the flame wars begin!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

courtney_beth posted:

I heard that details are surfacing about the finale and there's already people in an OUTRAGE since episodes are being shown in new order.

What kind of outrage?
Like, this just keeps getting better.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

courtney_beth posted:

I'm not sure there are enough people still watching to generate an actual OUTRAGE.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
A quick google doesn't show these finale spoilers. What are they?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Looks like the episode they are shooting last is actually the second to last episode, called "Dreams Come True." It is being written by the shows creators: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Ian Brennan.

The last episode to air might have been filmed a couple weeks ago and is called (serious spoilers, I guess?) "2009." It was allegedly some kind of alternate universe episode about where the characters would have been if the club had never existed. I think they have already done that plot, but whatever. Some characters weren't in it originally, like Quinn. Maybe they will film some new scenes since it is going to be the finale?

Just google "glee spoiler" and go to the lovely glee forums where people still have orgasms over every single lovely song.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Puck totally hooked up with drunken Blaine's Mom.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That was another terrible episode on the Glee train to hell.

We had Sugar too! But she didn't even utter one line.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
If I was any less in love with Brittana and Klaine, I would totally agree with the general trainwreck consensus like the other 99% of the time, but I'm not and I don't, and nothing hurts. I am utterly full of fangirl adoration right now :swoon:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This is gonna sound strange but, again, all that went pretty much exactly how I expected it to go.

The episode had a lot of heart, it was so much a love letter to fans, but also used that heart and love to substitute for actual substance. Actually, the Brittana parts were more or less solid...some great parts, a couple monotonous parts...but mostly it was nice since it actually felt like a substantive, organic, fitting resolution to a plotline that they spent time and effort to build up and actualize.

The Kurt and Blaine parts...god, they tried so hard. You can just see how much of a sloppy helpless romantic Ryan Murphy actually is with every overwrought proclamation of living life and seizing moments. But there's no magical fix button when the situation was ludicrous to begin with and totally slapdash throughout the course of the ongoing plot.

The actual worst thing is that they've finally cast Blaine's mom, after neglecting to fill in his backstory for five years, in order to attend a wedding it makes no sense for her to attend, and then give her absolutely no interactions with Blaine or, heck, any lines at all when it finally does make sense for her to speak up. The hell? Did someone misplace half the script or something?

One of the best parts was actually that ending scene between Tina and Artie just for being so simple and straightforward and understated and sweet. I so wish they had more screentime, but I think it's evident that screentime doesn't necessarily translate to substance here.

And, well, the music was fabulous.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Sure it was terrible, but it was just the right kind of terrible. I'm a little disappointed that they've decided to go with a love-fest for the closing run after going bugfuck for the first few eps, but whatever. The true fans are the only ones watching anymore so you may as well service them imo.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BrianWilly posted:

The actual worst thing is that they've finally cast Blaine's mom, after neglecting to fill in his backstory for five years, in order to attend a wedding it makes no sense for her to attend, and then give her absolutely no interactions with Blaine or, heck, any lines at all when it finally does make sense for her to speak up. The hell? Did someone misplace half the script or something?

One thing that I found odd is that Blaine's mom just finally met Burt and Carol. The kids have been dating for almost 4 years and the parents never have once met and introduced themselves to one another? I remember when I dated my high school boyfriend that our parents met and introduced themselves so they knew who I would be with should I be at his house.

That's just so weird to me. Also she was useless. Didn't add much other than another "Anderson" joke. Maybe she's in another episode.

Also, where are Kurt and Blaine going to live now that they're married? Kurt, I'm assuming, lives back at home with Burt and Carol? And Blaine is still in that weird 1 bdrm with Karofsky until he moves back home?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Did someone misplace half the script or something?

Did you forget what show you were watching?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

courtney_beth posted:

One thing that I found odd is that Blaine's mom just finally met Burt and Carol. The kids have been dating for almost 4 years and the parents never have once met and introduced themselves to one another? I remember when I dated my high school boyfriend that our parents met and introduced themselves so they knew who I would be with should I be at his house.

I was dating my ex for at least two years and our parents never met. And I can think of plenty other more serious couples whose parents have met only after they've gotten engaged or something. Not that weird - but yes, everything else is though.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Maybe I just had over protective parents.... or I'm trying to use logic. :blush:

I also liked how forced the Klaine relationship felt. Kurt blows off Harry Hamlin, runs to Blaine's house (just how far away does he live again? Why doesn't Kurt own a car?) and then professes his love and 24 hours later they're married.

The good points: The line about being "a work in progress". Really great stuff there. The vows felt sincere. Also, I liked that Sue danced with Sheldon Bieste at the wedding :3:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Tina and Artie: let's get married when we're 30 if we're still single!
30 year old me, single, watching Glee alone with my cat: :w00t:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh yeah and also bonus points off for bringing back Sugar after three years without a single character remarking on it in any way whatsoever.

I like this show I swear.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

And on that lovely note, Glee has just now officially wrapped production.

msamberpriley Final goodbyes 😢 #gleegoodbye

edit:

@msleamichele One last thing. ❤️

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 22, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
There was something very wrong with this, it wasn't centred around Rachel as every episode has been for the last few seasons, there were no long boring musical show tunes, and Tina actually got to speak. What is this, Glee season 1?
Seriously though while the episode wasn't perfect it was a whole lot better than anything since season 3.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I always cry at gay weddings.

Andrew_1985 posted:

We had Sugar too! But she didn't even utter one line.

She said "Okay! Um..." and "Mm-hmm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

BrianWilly posted:

edit:

@msleamichele One last thing. ❤️

That's Finn's jersey :smith:

• Locked thread