Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is is this a flashback episode?

Yeah it's been "something special" all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So far everything is just goddamn adorable :3:

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Just a sad reminder of the magic of Season 1.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Hahahaha it's like some beautiful unholy marriage between season 1 Tina and season 4 Tina

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
"Hey, remember when we were awesome?"

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I laughed a little too hard at the five people who responded with "isn't that the truth?" and then had to backpedal a little to explain "the truth" as a person and not an insistence that Lea Michelle is perfect.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Sue Sylvester is the Republican VP?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I have no idea if this is supposed to be a fever dream or what, but dammit Sue still cracks me up after all this time.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So is this entire episode made with flash forwards of the characters?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Postal Parcel posted:

So is this entire episode made with flash forwards of the characters?

This is like what, a LOST seasons 3 and 4 mashup? Flashbacks AND forwards?

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Holy poo poo.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
It's over.
We're free!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rest in piss

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest in piss

Emptyquote

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I’m so drained right now I need like five steaks

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The final group number felt a bit rushed, and I loving hate people acting like Will is good, but overall it was ok. The song Will sang to them was the last thing they filmed, which is why they were crying so much. I am glad it is finally over, and I am surprised they didn't splice in b-roll of their dead friend during a song called "I Lived."

We are free until the inevitable Broadway show.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm counting down the years until the tell-all special.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm wondering who the first person to break and write the book will be.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest in piss

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
"The first LGBT version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" One of those is produced every other week, Murphy. I saw two in the past year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

The final group number felt a bit rushed, and I loving hate people acting like Will is good, but overall it was ok. The song Will sang to them was the last thing they filmed, which is why they were crying so much. I am glad it is finally over, and I am surprised they didn't splice in b-roll of their dead friend during a song called "I Lived."

We are free until the inevitable Broadway show.

Yeah pretty much. I liked it okay. I have no idea what I'm feeling, I just know this show had a profound impact on me early on in particular, and I think that'll always be true. See you later, Glee. You were the best of shows, you were the worst of shows. More often the latter, but more tragically the former.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Gay?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So as someone who fell off the train early season 4, how did it end?

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.
I liked it a lot. It was two hours of feel good fan service, no surprises or trying to reinvent the Newhart or St. Elsewhere or whatever series finale, and no stupid gotchas that pissed everyone off like the HIMYM finale. Heck, they even brought back Matt AND gave him a line.

Storylines were tied up and even Sue got her happy ending.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

So as someone who fell off the train early season 4, how did it end?
Kurt and Blaine impregnate Rachel together.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
That was a very dull end for an ultimately disappointing series, but one I somehow stuck with all the way through. I was really disappointed that episode 12 was just a rehash of season 1 memories, and then the grand finale managed to make everyone's life in five years as glorious and rosy as it could possibly be. I know the show is all for happy endings, but it was all so sweet that now I have diabetes.

Thanks Glee, and thanks President Obama Jeb Bush.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

They literally just took the Corey Monteith-shaped hole and shoved Sam into it. Complete with dating Rachel and taking over the Glee club.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
For the finale, there were two parts that kinda got to me - The Becky/Sue reunion and the final song.

The 2009 flashback felt like a story that didn't need to be told. The boring Matt dancer burn was pretty great though. There was too much Terri.

The 2nd half of the episode was okay, but with a few odd notes:

- Blaine & Kurt's future hair
- Rachel being a surrogate. We all know she's too selfish to ever consider doing that.
- Wait, are future Kitty and the tubby guy together? Roderick or whatever?
- The complete absence of everyone outside the core characters until the final song/dance. What happened to Stoner Brett? Or Quinn?
- Sam taking over the Glee club. Really? I hope he just teaches them how to be strippers.

Trying to rack my brains for who didn't appear at all in the finale. Rory & Joe? At least we got to see Sugar & Zizies one final time.

Glee was frequently awful, often campy fun and rarely fantastic, but it must be really commended for highlighting LGBT issues on the Glee Rollercoaster and HOPEFULLY making the lives of some of the kids who watched this show, better. I always watched Glee, imaginging some gay kid secretly watching it, having a lovely life with homophobic parents/bullies and the show kinda pulling them through life.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Joe was there; blink and you'll miss, etc. Rory and Marley were the two missing. Well, and Myron I guess, but it would've been hard to do a five year time skip for him. Shoulda just put a mustache on him and said that he was 18 during that scene.

Sam dating Rachel really was super hella pointless when all was said and done.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm a Left Coast viewer so I only now finished the episode. Wow -- what a crazy finale.

- Blaine's hair and suit during Daydream Believer

That was the highlight for me. What struck a nerve was the overwhelming love fest and celebration for Teacher of the Year, Will Schuester.

I need more time to think on a proper response. For now I'll just watch Blaine dance around in the .gif and cherish that hair and suit. Love the hairstyle and that suit is fabulously loud. Love it.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I sobbed like a bitch during Don't Stop Believing. The rest was poo poo. gently caress this gay show.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

BrianWilly posted:

Joe was there; blink and you'll miss, etc. Rory and Marley were the two missing. Well, and Myron I guess, but it would've been hard to do a five year time skip for him. Shoulda just put a mustache on him and said that he was 18 during that scene.

You're right. Joe was there with Ryder (He looks skinny and sick now ???). Marley was there too with her stupid hat. Seems Rory was the only non-returnee? You're right about Myron though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hey is Glee over?

I stopped just before the episode called Transition, really didn't wanna see more of the Beiste story. How was the rest of the season?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
as my parents have always said

what an absolute waste of potential and all of our time

Rarity posted:

How was the rest of the season?

Chris James 2 posted:

Rest in piss

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 21, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I liked the flashback episode, mostly because i wanted to be reminded of how good the show used to be.

It was nice to hear Daydream Believer, so we got at least one piece of good music to send us off.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

So who do you think is going to write the first tell-all book? My money's on Jenna Ushkowitz or Dianna Agron.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Odd that they ended on such a weak-rear end song.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Haha, 2009 was like the Star Wars Special Edition of the pilot.

Ryan Murphy: "I always wanted to include more crying and angst in the pilot, and now, finally, I can."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey posted:

Odd that they ended on such a weak-rear end song.

I dunno, I liked the final performance more than most of the rest of the finale.

It really was kind of gross how blatantly they just took every Finn thing, crossed out his name, and slotted Sam in, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It really was kind of gross how blatantly they just took every Finn thing, crossed out his name, and slotted Sam in, though.

He didn't get Rachel though, Jesse did.

• Locked thread