Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

The first two episodes of this season were so promising and it's crazy how it's completely fallen apart. I get that Will/Sue has been the main conflict since season one but it's completely over the top now. New Directions winning sectionals on the basis of Sue manipulating Vocal Adrenaline to be offensive leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Worse than usual.

At least it's over next week. Can't wait to see the stupid character developments when it doesn't matter anymore.

Cory Monteith dying killed this show. We were getting glimpses of greatness with him as New Will after some terribleness, and then when he died, the show (completely understandably) lost its heart and lost its way. :smith:

What the gently caress was up with that Myron bit? :psyboom: Also I'll always have a spot in my heart for this show but it absolutely breaks my heart how it's ending. I did adore that last scene though. Sue owned, and it was absurd, literally and figuratively, but it was perfectly written Sue.

The end of Glee is leaving me so confused. I'm sad to see it go just because Season 1 in particular was possibly my favorite season of television I can remember. It genuinely meant a lot to my life, as absurd as that sounds. It was beautiful and wonderful and amazing. And for several years it's been circling the drain, a caricature of its former self at times, though there were still some great bits. It's time for Glee to go, but like a bad relationship, I stupidly don't want to give up on it. I want to see it get redemption that will never come.

gently caress you, Ryan Murphy, for being so amazing and SO loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Context doesn't help.

(I loved that performance though.)

I...see. :stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

The final group number felt a bit rushed, and I loving hate people acting like Will is good, but overall it was ok. The song Will sang to them was the last thing they filmed, which is why they were crying so much. I am glad it is finally over, and I am surprised they didn't splice in b-roll of their dead friend during a song called "I Lived."

We are free until the inevitable Broadway show.

Yeah pretty much. I liked it okay. I have no idea what I'm feeling, I just know this show had a profound impact on me early on in particular, and I think that'll always be true. See you later, Glee. You were the best of shows, you were the worst of shows. More often the latter, but more tragically the former.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey posted:

Odd that they ended on such a weak-rear end song.

I dunno, I liked the final performance more than most of the rest of the finale.

It really was kind of gross how blatantly they just took every Finn thing, crossed out his name, and slotted Sam in, though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

He didn't get Rachel though, Jesse did.

That's literally the only difference.

And like, I totally get how it makes sense but at the same time it often felt like Chord Overstreet reading lines written for Finn. Not always, but often enough to feel weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, I get what you're trying to say but, like...literally no. None of Sam's lines in the finale would've worked if they were transplanted onto Finn.

I dunno, when he went into teacher mode that jumped out at me. And I suppose I should've said it happened a lot more with his interactions with Rachel so I was more referring to the season as a whole rather than just the finale.

• Locked thread