Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
In this thread I would like to discuss the moral and ethical ramifications of farting on your cat.

To begin this thread, I will give two examples of farting on your cat, the first being that of your cat sitting on your lap in a pleasant state of slumber. Unbeknownst to the cat, you have one brewing down below and you let it rip.

In most scenarios the cat remains unperturbed. Perhaps a slight sleepy eyed glance is given, and then back to whatever it is cats dream of. In other cases, the fart is voluminous enough to awaken the creature from it's slumber in most often a state of awareness and confusion. To the cat's simple mind, it either does not know what that noise was and if it should be alert, or worries that perchance it had created that disturbance and act to play it off by immediately grooming itself.

It is within these few dashing moments that you begin to see the true nature of how the feline mind works. Some may say it is representative of the transgressive nature of the female mind, which is different by only three letters of the two words "feline" and "female."

The second scenario, in which one rips a fart upon an unsuspecting cat who is slumbering privately in a quarters away from yourself, it is almost always likely that there will be some form of an agitated reaction, however whether this is due to the physical presence of your rear end against the face of the cat or due to the fart itself has yet to be studied enough to draw proper quantitative and qualitative conclusions.

Further attempts to push forth research on this scientific boundary have always been fought with stalwart opposition by groups questioning the morality and ethics of these experiments, who even further question the merits of the research in the first place.

As a leading tribunal on ethics and morality on a variety of other issues brought up in this past year alone, we must strive to come to some form of resolution on this deeply important matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what about farting on your dog

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its wrong to interrupt a cat with face-to-rear end farts, however, incidentals when the cat is on your lap are fine.

TEAYCHES posted:

they love it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I copied the second line into a google search and got a bunch of results about Finnegan's wake. How bizarre.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i believe it is wrong to fart on a cat because unlike dogs, cats have a sense of dignity and self-respect. even if they cannot fully comprehend exactly what it means that they have been farted on, they clearly do not like it. you should respect your cats autonomy and sense of pride. please respect your cats

fart on your dog all you want though, they are slavish in nature, reprehensible

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Frog Act posted:

its wrong to interrupt a cat with face-to-rear end farts, however, incidentals when the cat is on your lap are fine.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Frog Act posted:

they love it

Truth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

turnabout is fair play

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

The best way to fart on your cat is to catch it sleeping and slav squat over it and fart directly on the top of its head, imo OP. It's just and righteous.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I cannot believe this happens.

naem
May 29, 2011

Citations?????

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I regularly spew my garbage breath towards my dog.

She loves it. By loves, I mean she actively tries to ignore it but can't because I'm alpha over her.

She is the only female creature I'm alpha over.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
dont shart on your cat

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
My cat sleeps next to my rear end every night. Without my any intention he is definitely getting farted. I know I fart when I sleep because I've woken myself up with the stench of my horrible add gad at weird hours.

My conclusion is that my cat is a huge stinky pervert.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
jesus christ

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Frog Act posted:

they love it

Yeah they do. When I Dutch oven my dog, he can't get enough.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Cats love farts, dont worry about it. Thats why they're always next to your butt, sniffing at it. They want it, the little fart sluts.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Irrational Bees posted:

Cats love farts, dont worry about it. Thats why they're always next to your butt, sniffing at it. They want it, the little fart sluts.

:gross:

what cat walks around sniffing your butt...? I think it says more about your hygiene than your cat

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

johnny sack posted:

:gross:

what cat walks around sniffing your butt...? I think it says more about your hygiene than your cat

My butt is extremely clean, tyvm, I use an enema about once a day!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

he farts on me all the time so I repay him in kind

I wouldnt fart on no cat though, they are devious and will most likely spray fart in your mouth whilst you sleep

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
I really have to fart right now but I don't have a cat. What do I do?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Call Animal Control, they havea van full of animals to fart on

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MFRRRGGHHELLOSSSSS!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Gatts posted:

MFRRRGGHHELLOSSSSS!

Chase No Face is so scary.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Gatts posted:

MFRRRGGHHELLOSSSSS!

brundlecat

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
do as you want the cats would do far worse to us if they had their way.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

It's better to fart on your wife anyway.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Just fart straight in its face.

They usually lick their lips and taste the air when you do it.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I fart on every animal except a rat, I feel like the blast might overpower their tiny lungs. Rabbits are fair game though, cats and dogs get facefulls, just shove their nose straight up your crack. I consider it vengeance well earned.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
this thread is more disappointing than the star wars ep 7 trailer

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A much better question is to discuss the ethics of pissing on your cat.

On several occasions, with different cats, the feline would be intrigued as I was urinating into the toilet. They placed their paws on the rim and peered into the bowl, inadvertently interrupting the urine steam with their head.

Note that I did not intentionally do this, and did not move or alter the direction of the steam. If I bear any guilt, it is a sin of inaction, watching impassively as the cat in question volunteered its way into a golden shower.

On a scale of morality, this probably resides between unintentionally farting on your cat and deliberately farting on your cat.

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

Fart Puzzle posted:

The best way to fart on your cat is to catch it sleeping and slav squat over it and fart directly on the top of its head, imo OP. It's just and righteous.

I also support farting on a cat's head, freestyle or under the comforter. Fart on Cats 24/7.

fartoncats.com

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

My parent have a litter of cats that fart all the time and it's so vile they can stink up a whole living room in short order. So it would simply be payback.

Plus every single cat I've ever encountered goes out of its way to stick its rear end right in your face.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

CaptainSarcastic posted:

A much better question is to discuss the ethics of pissing on your cat.

On several occasions, with different cats, the feline would be intrigued as I was urinating into the toilet. They placed their paws on the rim and peered into the bowl, inadvertently interrupting the urine steam with their head.

Note that I did not intentionally do this, and did not move or alter the direction of the steam. If I bear any guilt, it is a sin of inaction, watching impassively as the cat in question volunteered its way into a golden shower.

On a scale of morality, this probably resides between unintentionally farting on your cat and deliberately farting on your cat.

my cat once tried to jump into the toilet so I pissed in his catbox saying THE TABLES HAVE TURNED HOW YOU LIKE THAT NOW HUH

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i have a dog and if u fart near ur dog it will look at u quizzically

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
every cat is a stupid rear end in a top hat jerk and deserves whatever you're gonna do to it including if you just took a wet poo poo all over your loving rear end in a top hat cat.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

cats are a gas gas etc.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

my cat does is to me all the time, i dont see why it shouldnt be the other way around OP

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Jesus Christ posted:

In this thread I would like to discuss the moral and ethical ramifications of farting on your cat.

To begin this thread, I will give two examples of farting on your cat, the first being that of your cat sitting on your lap in a pleasant state of slumber. Unbeknownst to the cat, you have one brewing down below and you let it rip.

In most scenarios the cat remains unperturbed. Perhaps a slight sleepy eyed glance is given, and then back to whatever it is cats dream of. In other cases, the fart is voluminous enough to awaken the creature from it's slumber in most often a state of awareness and confusion. To the cat's simple mind, it either does not know what that noise was and if it should be alert, or worries that perchance it had created that disturbance and act to play it off by immediately grooming itself.

It is within these few dashing moments that you begin to see the true nature of how the feline mind works. Some may say it is representative of the transgressive nature of the female mind, which is different by only three letters of the two words "feline" and "female."

The second scenario, in which one rips a fart upon an unsuspecting cat who is slumbering privately in a quarters away from yourself, it is almost always likely that there will be some form of an agitated reaction, however whether this is due to the physical presence of your rear end against the face of the cat or due to the fart itself has yet to be studied enough to draw proper quantitative and qualitative conclusions.

Further attempts to push forth research on this scientific boundary have always been fought with stalwart opposition by groups questioning the morality and ethics of these experiments, who even further question the merits of the research in the first place.

As a leading tribunal on ethics and morality on a variety of other issues brought up in this past year alone, we must strive to come to some form of resolution on this deeply important matter.

i didnt read any of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Cats do not like being lifted up in the middle of a nap so you can fart on their face.

Source: My sisters cat and my butt

• Locked thread