Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why does nbc sports not understand that you can just display the entire feed letterboxed and let us gently caress with the image like every other channel? watching the steelers get their asses kicked is much diminished by having to watch on nbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
its good actually op

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I won my fantasy league so I don't care about football anymore

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
who cares about football. the world is all e-sports now

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
NBC does a good job, as does FOX. ESPN is not very good, but CBS is just loving horrible. They have poo poo cameras and graphics.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

site posted:

why does nbc sports not understand that you can just display the entire feed letterboxed and let us gently caress with the image like every other channel? watching the steelers get their asses kicked is much diminished by having to watch on nbc

hi my image is fine must just be your tv / something you did

bye

edit: just realized that this is because i have a tv made in the last decade, sorry

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why don't you just go outside and get some exercise instead of watching the sports equivalent of a let's play on television

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i live to watch the steelers get their asses kicked gently caress u steelers

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

site posted:

Gar-
Bage
Football

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

You suck, OP.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Cris is the best color man right now so yeah.

Who's got the superb owl this year?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Cris is the best color man right now

:agreed:

naem
May 29, 2011

I just went jogging in the dark

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

naem posted:

Much like the Steelers

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I have poor people, not hd cable

Fox, CBS, ESPN, NFL channel all transmit the hd signal letterboxed in 4:3 so the viewer can use the force wide-screen function on their TV to scale the entire image correctly.

Only NBC just takes the hd image and crops the sides to fit 4:3, and you end up missing some stuff :(

ghost biscuit
Sep 28, 2002

NBC has the most consistently high quality NFL broadcasts, I'm not sure to what you're referring OP

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

naem posted:

i'm proud of you, little man

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Are they the network with Castle and Constantine op, because I like both those shows

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
nbc; nothin' but cunts

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The NBC, the NBA, NFL, NHL, WWE, UFC, ISIS and AOL all loving suck poo poo, OP

hope I saved you some time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
nope shoulda told me sooner

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
KNBC Channel 4.2 broadcasts in 16:9 480i. 4:3 content is broadcast pillarboxed. This is awesome, I don't have to mess with the settings.
All the other 480i channels broadcast in 4:3, so I have to futz with the TV settings so the image doesn't get stretched. This gets hosed up when a channel shows a movie that is already letterboxed, so with a 16:9 TV, you get the full windowbox effect.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Sports sports sports.

Do the ball in the goal with the points.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
burn all sports broadcasters and journalists

also video game people

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Sports sports sports.

Do the ball in the goal with the points.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Fingers crossed the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl this year so we can have at least another week of the NFL awkwardly dodging Ray Rice questions.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

when i'm watching the big game i would rather have stouffer's brand mac and cheese over kraft macaroni and cheese. i just remember those old kraft commercials where the kid is saying he has the blues yeah it's because kraft brand macaroni and cheese isn't that good

PodunkWolf
Dec 1, 2002

Hm. I think it's the OP that sucks poo poo. God bless in 2015

-Podunkwolf

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm tired of the "Man uninterested in sports pretends to be interested" trope, personally

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Angry about sportings ITT

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Does anyone honestly like watching football or is it just an excuse to lay around and drink for six hours

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

just pay the extra 10bux for hd so you can not have to post this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

archerb posted:

Does anyone honestly like watching football or is it just an excuse to lay around and drink for six hours

both so its pretty great

• Locked thread