Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC: Royal Rumble 2015

gently caress you WWE

BALEE DAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

purkey posted:

The rumble was silly and had a bad end, but was in no way a wmotyc you goofs.

A lot of it was exactly what people don't like about rumbles - people standing in corners acting like they're struggling to push the other over. It wasn't truly terrible, but it was poorly booked and lead to a poor ending that the crowd didn't want. Last year the crowd was super into Roman as a surprise alternative to Batista at Wrestlemania - this year the crowd wanted alternatives to cheer for, and those were quashed in the most anti climatic way possible.

Nth Lesnar vs some chumps for MOTY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm going to nth the nomination of the Rumble match as Worst of the Year. Technically speaking it was perfectly fine and even quite good in how the whole thing was constructed/flowed. But the booking ideas behind it, the key decisions, and the spiteful elements of "gently caress the fans you'll like what we tell you to like" utterly ruined it and made it one of the worst Rumble matches I've ever seen.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There were also like 0 memorable eliminations

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

WMOTYC: The Royal Rumble, Royal Rumble 2015

They managed to make a BORING Kofi spot.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
My favourite spot of the Rumble was where the big hoss came out and their high spot was a bunch of forearms and stomps for like 12 consecutive entrants.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

There were also like 0 memorable eliminations

it was pretty memorable how they dumped the only guys they knew the fans liked over the top rope like sacks of wet poo poo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked when the crowd started chanting "WE WANT DEVON" and then seconds later bubba ray was eliminated

also when that happened with everything else the crowd wanted to see

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

epitasis posted:

it was pretty memorable how they dumped the only guys they knew the fans liked over the top rope like sacks of wet poo poo

hahaha got me there

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jerusalem posted:

Technically speaking it was perfectly fine and even quite good in how the whole thing was constructed/flowed.

I thought the flow was the worst in years. I found myself consistently bored besides the surprise entrants. Even before Bryan got thrown out it just felt like a match and not like a Royal Rumble.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oatgan posted:

i liked when the crowd started chanting "WE WANT DEVON" and then seconds later bubba ray was eliminated

also when that happened with everything else the crowd wanted to see

That really set the tone, every time the crowd wanted something, WWE took away or ruined what they wanted. It was great from the perspective of "how to alienate fans and ruin your product."

Worst Match of the Year.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I generally love even the "bad" Rumbles but that managed to gently caress up the one thing that is usually idiot proof. Nomination' s deserved

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cardboard Box posted:

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins - WWE Royal Rumble, 1/25

I just want to reiterate that this match was incredible.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins

gently caress that owned so loving hard. I was expecting Heyman to turn on Lesnar and side with Rollins.

Testekill posted:

gently caress you WWE

Yup. Talk about loving highs and lows.

Gotta say, I do want to talk a bit more about the good with that title match. I marked for a goddamn injury spot after that table hit, and seeing Brock just loving pop back into the ring was one of the best moments since I started watching. I also felt that they finally struck a good "strong but chickenshit" balance with Rollins, having him get hosed up by multiple finishers before bringing J&J into the mix. Just really solid stuff, wish it had gone on longer.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, they don't let a lot of guys kick out of the AA, and Rollins did. That says something about their faith in the guy.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

super macho dude posted:

I just want to reiterate that this match was incredible.

It really was and it's going to be really sad if people forget how awesome it was when filling out 2015 awards ballots because how bad of a taste the rumble left in people's mouths.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The rumble match was so bad, WWE should immediately fire the agent(s) that planned it and anyone associated with writing storylines that it meant to move forward.

This includes, of course, Vince or Steph, or HHH.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, it's a shame that the Rumble will overshadow the title match, because that was loving amazing. Before the match I kept going back-and-forth in my head over who should win and whether Rollins should cash in or not. About halfway through I stopped caring about all that because my jaw kept dropping every 20 seconds. It was Cena's best match in years, arguably Lesnar's best match since his return and Rollins made himself a made man despite eating the pin. Everybody came out looking like a million bucks.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 26, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Benne posted:

It was Cena's best match in years, arguably Lesnar's best match since his return

it was their best match since extreme rules 2012 basically

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd like to nth all the WMOTY votes for the Rumble, it had what might be the worst finishing sequence in Rumble history, which cast a pall over what had been a fun Rumble so far.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. Big E and Kofi Kingston, The Royal Rumble, 1/25/2015

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena, The Royal Rumble, 1/25/2015

WMOTYC: THE ROYAL RUMBLE, The Royal Rumble, 1/25/2015

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. Big E and Kofi Kingston, The Royal Rumble, 1/25/2015

Nth to all three of these

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

Nthing only because I'm not sure Cesaro & Kidd/New Day has enough yet.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Rodney the Piper posted:

nthing

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Yeha I will also Nth the HM for the Catsarosebuds vs. New Day

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i didn't watch the preshow match but i doubt it was that good

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Cardboard Box posted:

good post a+

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Yuriy posted:

good post a+
:ironicat:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Cardboard Box posted:

lolok

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i just watched it. that wasn't that good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah it was fine

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
i now see the error of my ways for liking a match more than cardboard box, gently caress

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

you're free to like it and i'm free to say it was just okay

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Has the rumble ever been nominated for wmoty

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

not like this

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

One person nominated it for WMOTY last year but a lot more nominated it for an honorable mention

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Seriously, how the gently caress can WWE go from

Cardboard Box posted:

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins - WWE Royal Rumble, 1/25

to

Testekill posted:

gently caress you WWE

within such a short time span. Nthing both those nominations obviously, not that it makes a difference.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i dunno they have lovely matches after great matches all the time

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i dunno they have lovely matches after great matches all the time

Didn't HHH vs Steiner follow Angle vs Benoit at the Rumble in 2003?

• Locked thread