Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Thauros posted:

MATCH OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE SHINSUKE vs IBUSHI WK9

I don't give a gently caress if every other person on this forum has already nominated it, that was the loving best and I'm going to nth it,

Personally I don't get how people can nominate multiple matches from a single show as match of year candidates normally.

In this case, this was my favourite match from a great night of wrestling, and what will be remembered as a candidate for match of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Rey Cometo vs Barbaro Cavernario from NJPW Fantasticamania 1/19

Third. I wonder if WWE would want to look into a 21 year old fantastic caveman barabarian?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

purkey posted:

The rumble was silly and had a bad end, but was in no way a wmotyc you goofs.

A lot of it was exactly what people don't like about rumbles - people standing in corners acting like they're struggling to push the other over. It wasn't truly terrible, but it was poorly booked and lead to a poor ending that the crowd didn't want. Last year the crowd was super into Roman as a surprise alternative to Batista at Wrestlemania - this year the crowd wanted alternatives to cheer for, and those were quashed in the most anti climatic way possible.

Nth Lesnar vs some chumps for MOTY

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I'd prob go HM for the last 3. All really good but nothing that flat out blew me away.

I'm close to thinking that, but instead I'll give MOTYC to the women's 4 way. I was consistently on the edge of my seat watching that match.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

HM:
Honma vs Ibushi
Styles vs Tanahashi

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I don't want this one to fly under the radar but you should all watch ACH/Cedric/Sydal vs Bullet Club. I know no one is talking about it but I will give it a MOTYC nod.

HM from me. I think my perception of the young bucks is that all their wrestling is somewhere between ironic and sarcastic, which breaks it a bit for me.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns - WWE Fastlane 2/22

Second. Hated the result, but a drat good match.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

WMOTYC: Blue Pants vs. Dana Brooke, NXT, 4/15/15 air date

This probably won't be deserving of a win by the end of the year, but Dana Brooke has a long, long way to go and might be the most unnatural looking wrestler in the ring since Great Khali's last match.

Oh come on, it's a disappointing match, but nowhere near that bad.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Most vaguely pleasant show of the year candidate: WWE Extreme Rules

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

HM: New Day vs. Kidd/Cesaro best 2 out of 3, Payback
HM: Orton vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose vs. Reigns, Payback

Yep. Cesaro and Kidd are cool, New Day are cool, Shield Bros are cool, Orton and Kane were also there.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

HM: Nikki Bella vs Paige. gently caress it, I liked that match a lot, and it was the best main roster divas match in a ridiculously long time.

MOTYC: Cena - Owens 2. Yeah, that ownded, gently caress those hacks in New Japan.
Also the match with the most spit! Please don't disprove me, Japan!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

LionYeti posted:

I'd agree if not for the stupid Twin Magic finish.

Honestly I liked it well enough, it was an interesting evolution of the twin magic fuckery (showing just how close Paige was, and how desperate Nikki is). The kind of finish that they need to talk about on RAW the next night, so I'm sure they didn't/don't.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Kevino07 posted:

MOTYC: Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor, WWE Beast in the East (7/4/15)
HM: Neville Vs Chris Jericho, WWE Beast in the East (7/4/15)

Unnecessary nth.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

it made it look like a proper fight and added a lot to the match imho

Their angry beating each other with hair was cool. Didn't distract too much, even if they both seemed a bit weirded out by it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Seconded, I thought it was very good but not quite the blowaway spectacle I'd been expecting. Also, it suffered slightly from having to follow:

Seconded forever, that match was in-loving-credi-loving-ble :stare:

MOTYC: Banks vs Bayley

Also, every single part of this show was magic and wonderful. So weird for WWE to work out that a way a big show can make you feel good as a fan is to have good guys who people want to win, win when they have their moment to shine?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

super macho dude posted:

ROHtv 9/6

HM: Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong (World Title rematch)

Nth

Even if the announncers are hilariously awful at selling the events that transpired (House of truth cheating like hell? Eh, whatever)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

WMOTYC: Nikki/Charlotte Slow, boring, to a perplexing level. Who the hell agented this match and thought that the way to get Charlotte over was to have her limp and do nothing for all of the match where she wins the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'm not normally one to say a nomination is a poo poo one, but this is a poo poo nomination.

It might just be that Nikki's awful and sucks and is no good, but her slow, sloppy methodical offense was astoundingly boring to me.

Maybe the nomination is overly strong, in terms of not being legendarily bad, but gently caress it, I was bored and astounded at booking, good enough for me.

• Locked thread