Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Nick Jackson and Matt Jackson vs Rocky Romero and Alex Kozlov vs KUSHIDA and Alex Shelly vs Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish - 1/4 NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

HM: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW 1/4 Wrestle Kingdom 9

yep yep

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

MOTYC: IBUSHI VS SWAG, NJPW 1/4 WK9

close the thread

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

something will have to be utterly transcendent to beat Ibushi/Nakamura this year

wwe already teased Sting/Triple H what more could a wrestling fan ask for

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

HM: Trevor Lee vs. Biff Busick, EVOLVE 36 1/9

Grozz Nuy posted:

You know what? gently caress it.

MOTYC: Timothy Thatcher vs. Ricochet, EVOLVE 36 1/9

It was just on the border above HM for me, but I did really like it so I'll give it the rub. I'd only seen Thatcher a couple times before this and I was impressed, I'd definitely be excited to see him in PWG after that match.

second

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Uhaa Nation vs Biff Busick, EVOLVE 37 1/10
HM: Ricochet vs. Drew Galloway, EVOLVE 37 1/10

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 11, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Shockercito vs. Astral vs. Demus 3:16 vs. Eléctrico vs. Fantasy vs. Mercurio vs. Pequeño Nitro vs. Pequeño Olímpico vs. Pierrothito vs. Último Dragóncito - Pequeños Reyes del Air Cibernético, CMLL 01/06

SPOTFEST OF THE loving YEAR. I swear the minis do the craziest poo poo of anyone (if I see a sicker bump than that missed tope this year then someone is going to die on TV this year). Soooo much fun.
second

everyone watch this now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) vs. The Dangan Yankees (Takashi Sugiura and Masato Tanaka) - NOAH 1/10

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Yuriy posted:

HM: Puma/Fenix - 1/14/15 - Lucha Underground

this match was sweet

yeah 3rd

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Matlock posted:

SO MUCH NO-SELLING

gently caress offfffffffffffffff

quote:

BUT IT WAS AWESOME
agreed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

It was great until Luke Harper/Rowan/Wyatt, it just got loving confusing there and it poo poo the bed when Bryan was eliminated.

exactly this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i liked when the crowd started chanting "WE WANT DEVON" and then seconds later bubba ray was eliminated

also when that happened with everything else the crowd wanted to see

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: ACH vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jay Lethal, ROH TV 1/31

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

NJPW World is free this month so get after it

its not though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

except people in the thread have signed up for it and it charged them money and also there's nothing about it on the official new japan twitter

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SaberToothedPie posted:

According to Dave if you cancel before 2/27 you get reimbursed.

what a horrible system

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Just finished the show and

MOTYC: BXB Hulk v Jimmy Susumu - Dragon Gate, 02/05/2015

What a loving war. It has a slow build, with a lot of limb work (Susumu going for Hulk's leg and midsection and Hulk wanting to negate Susumu's lariats). The second phase is incredible and the final minutes are brutal as gently caress. Korakuen is as loud as I've heard it for both wrestlers and another excellent match in Hulk's reign. He's really grown into a hell of a champion and Susumu remains one of the most underrated wrestlers in the world.

second

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know a lot about DDT. I was always under the impression Kota Ibushi was their top guy because I hear the most about him and he does the most outside bookings but he's never booked like a top guy and HARASHIMA basically always has the top title. What's the deal the DDT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

MOTYC

Kota Ibushi, Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. HARASHIMA, Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo - 01/25 DDT SWEET DREAMS 2015

This was fun stuff. BIG ESTABLISHED STARS vs. The KO-D Openweight & KO-D Tag Champs. Knew of HARASHIMA but practically knew nothing about the guys on the champions side.

Champs seem completely over-matched going in. Strong BJ completely overpower Endo (23 yo) & Takeshita (19 yo?!).

3rd'd

RIP the rookies, very good match

i would also like to nominate Kota Ibushi and HARASHIMA for post-match handshake of the year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Testekill posted:

HM: Adrian Neville vs Finn Balor, NXT Takeover

Not quite a MOTYC but this match owned hard.

yes

the thing keeping this from MOTY for me is Neville's really bad heat spots at the beginning. He should not be doing restholds they don't suit him in the least

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

motyc: aj styles and the young bucks vs. ach, matt sydal, and cedric alexander - ROH TV 2/14

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Memento posted:

Shiiiit, I gotta watch this. ROH TV is an online sub, right?

goes up for free on the website every thursday

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Konosuke Takeshita and Tetsuya Endo vs Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi - DDT 2/15
HM: Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Mikey Nichols and Shane Haste - NOAH 2/11

two very different matches i liked for very different reasons

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I will second this one. Not gonna watch the TMDK match, because I heard there was a real gross knee injury.

I watched it and had no idea

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

motyc: aj styles and the young bucks vs. ach, matt sydal, and cedric alexander - ROH TV 2/14

second

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my knowledge of lucha is pretty meager but if someone gives me a handful of lucha to buy from Black Terry to start off with I'd happily set up a periodic watch night in psp-tv

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns - WWE Fastlane 2/22

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Let's get in early on the March matches!

Dragon Gate had a loving amazing show tonight/this morning/whatever. Everyone should watch it. If NJPW and NXT can get every match on the card nominated despite underwhelming shows, why not give Dragon Gate that honor for a fantastic show?

All matches from Championship Gate Day 2, 3/1/15

HM: Eight Man Tag Team Match: Dia.HEARTS (Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Kzy & Big R Shimizu) vs. Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora & Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin)

Great super fun opener in the classic Dragon Gate tradition. Top-tier spot-festing, missed out on MOTY due to lake of any real storyline giving the match weight.

HM: Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi vs. Yosuke Santa Maria & El Lindaman

Started as a really good comedy match that morphed into an awesome DG tag match. Lindaman's going to be a star in a couple years.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship Match - Mad Blankey (YAMATO & Cyber Kong) (c) vs. Monster Express (Masato Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY)

This match could have been MOTY quality but there was too much Mad Blankey interference, as blatant and hilarious as it was, for me. But the final stretch and Shachi's babyface fire kept the match on rails.

MOTY: Eight Man Tag Team Match: MAD BLANKEY (CIMA, Gamma, Don Fujii & Punch Tominaga) vs. Millenials (T-Hawk, U-T, Kotoka & Flamita)

Zombie Veterans vs. Millenials is the hottest feud in DG right now, and this match was classic Dragon Gate multi-man greatness.

MOTY: Open the Dream Gate Championship Match - BxB Hulk vs Uhaa Nation

Hulk continues his reign of amazing matches, and Uhaa looked loving amazing. Fantastic match, fantastic post match, fantastic show.
second these, i'm gonna cry

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The entire key thing is really cool too

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

MOTYC: Fenix vs. Mil Muertes, Grave Consequences LU 3/18/15

watch this match if you haven't

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

HM: Alberto El Patron vs. Roderick Strong, ROH Winter Warriors Tour, Dayton, OH

3'rd

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

HM: Caleb Konley, TJ Perkins, and Brian Cage vs. Rich Swann, Uhaa Nation, and Ricochet, EVOLVE 39 3/26

I liked Tommy End vs. Biff Busick a lot too but it was just short of what I'd call a HM.

agreed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Tommy End vs Timothy Thatcher - EVOLVE 40, 3/27

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

HM: Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Galloway, WWN Mercury Rising, 3/28

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Timothy Thatcher vs Chris Hero, WWN Mercury Rising 3/28

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RaceyBucket posted:

2nd but also

HM: Uhaa Nation & Ricochet vs Roddy Strong & Austin Aries WWN Mercury Rising 3/28

yeah

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: Samoa Joe vs Kyle O'Reilly, ROH TV 3/28

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I THINK MAYBE ROMAN SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A LITTLE MORE OFFENSE IN BUT MAN THAT WAS GREAT

E: haha I didn't realize my capslock was still on
my opinions deserve to be yelled

his two or three hope spots were very very good and resulted in an awesome nearfall. They really didn't have enough time for more with that finish. If he was going to win the match presumably he would have performed more moves. As it stands, seth is smart and champ, brock is still unbeatable, and roman reigns looks very tough and firey

also yeah nth'ing the title match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Samoa Joe vs Jay Briscoe, ROH Supercard of Honor 3/27

• Locked thread