Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
they spent half of ww2 hyping up hitler as this invincible ruthless lunatic and then he just gets owned by nature like a bitch. plus, the jewish conspiracy subplot never got resolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
because he wanted to own more than napoleon so he decided that he would succeed where napoleon failed in russia by making basically the same mistakes

also if you arent The Mongols don't invade Russia. esp during the winter.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Digiwizzard posted:

plus, the jewish conspiracy subplot never got resolved

nah they just got their own spinoff

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Damo posted:

also if you arent The Mongols don't invade Russia. esp during the winter.

yes its a good idea to invade russia in the 13tj century when it didn't exist

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

It turns out he was insane, you see.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
you know what i mean smarty pants

it was still the same landmass with similar weather

also im p. sure they also had track suits back then too

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
im gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Damo posted:

you know what i mean smarty pants

it was still the same landmass with similar weather

also im p. sure they also had track suits back then too

actually it was considerably warmer in the 13th century. nice try but youve been owned.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
truly i have been. your mad history knowledge is wasted on us in gbs 2.1

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Damo posted:

truly i have been. your mad history knowledge is wasted on us in gbs 2.1

and there were people who said I shouldbt get a degree in mongol history. those people are notable by their absence in this thread

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
well here let me be a substitute for them if that is actually true

you shouldn't have gotten a degree in (mongol) history.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Because the Digimon stopped him

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

RideTheSpiral posted:

and there were people who said I shouldbt get a degree in mongol history. those people are notable by their absence in this thread

Read up. It's a rather interesting work.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

genesplicer posted:

Read up. It's a rather interesting work.

im afraid that history written by anthropologists is automatically invalid

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Genghis Khan owned, but his son/successor Ogedei was nearly as awesome. I believe he was an alcoholic and decided he'd curb his drinking by limiting himself to a certain number of cups a day, but then had special gigantic cups made to make up for it.

Dude owned.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
someone please do a supermechagodzilla writeup of ww2 that completely misses the point on the major stuff and overcomplicates all of the really minor things

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
WW2 historians don't actually like WW2

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Damo posted:

WW2 historians don't actually like WW2

Ww2 historians are scrub tier historians

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

RideTheSpiral posted:

Ww2 historians are scrub tier historians
Word.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Digiwizzard posted:

they spent half of ww2 hyping up hitler as this invincible ruthless lunatic and then he just gets owned by nature like a bitch. plus, the jewish conspiracy subplot never got resolved

I think it makes it better that the final battle hasn't happened yet. I, personally, would feel like the most pathetic c*ck in the world if some old people deprived me of that. Right in my face

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
hitler did nothing wrong

also stalin was preparing to attack anyway it was a pre-emptive strike

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Hitler lost the spear the of destiny that is why his fortunes changed during the war.

(Göring promised he'd give it right back).

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
the good fellow tried but failed.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
He wanted some sweet rear end wall rugs can you really blame the man

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
heres how ww2 SHOULD have ended...

the kaiser (remember him??) shows up and reveals he didnt die but was in the german hyperbaric time chamber w/ frederick barbarossa. he reveals that to defeat the russia they need to find lenin's grandson and send him on a train to moscow. this causes russia to have a shadow anti-communist revolution which allows germany to easily defeat themm.. just in time to respond to the double threat of the americans invading france.. and a revived ottoman empire attacking from the south, now led by T.E. Lawrence (from ww1)

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Digiwizzard posted:

heres how ww2 SHOULD have ended...

the kaiser (remember him??) shows up and reveals he didnt die but was in the german hyperbaric time chamber w/ frederick barbarossa. he reveals that to defeat the russia they need to find lenin's grandson and send him on a train to moscow. this causes russia to have a shadow anti-communist revolution which allows germany to easily defeat themm.. just in time to respond to the double threat of the americans invading france.. and a revived ottoman empire attacking from the south, now led by T.E. Lawrence (from ww1)

But the Ottoman empire is allied to the kaiserreich. Why did el aurence betray us?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
it's actually fairly shocking just how close germany was to defeating russia. if the weather hadn't been unseasonably cold early in 1941/1942, or if the germans had properly fit their soldiers for winter war, the war might have been over in 1942.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
god prolongs the existence of russia so he can wring more suffering out of her people

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
global warming is a conspiracy to make hitler 2s invasion of russia successful and this time its personal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Concerned Citizen posted:

it's actually fairly shocking just how close germany was to defeating russia. if the weather hadn't been unseasonably cold early in 1941/1942, or if the germans had properly fit their soldiers for winter war, the war might have been over in 1942.

Also, if Russia were a normal country, they would have surrendered. Instead, more blood for the blood god!

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Hitler was a man of honor. He was liberating Russia from Jewish bolshevik oppression.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

nah

not really

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol

Horns of Hattin
Dec 21, 2011
you need to read more books op: http://nstarikov.ru/books/45533

quote:

This book will tell you who stirred Hitler into his suicidal decision to attack Stalin.

It will tell you who were the real godfathers of the worst catastrophe in the history of Russia that went off on June 22, 1941. You will learn who gave money to Hitler and his party, helping the Nazi to power. Revealed in this book is the real reason behind the Nazi regime — aggression against the USSR to correct a previous blunder of Western intelligence that had led to Bolshevism in Russia. Instead of quietly disappearing with their loot, Lenin and his crew remained in the country and pieced it together into a global superpower, refusing to give it over to the West. Abundant evidence cited in this book helps trace the whole logic of events starting from September 1919 up to June 1941. The reader will emerge enlightened about who were the true preachers and masterminds of World War II, and who must share responsibility with the Nazi for their hideous crimes.

Why did Adolf Hitler undertake the suicidal step of attacking Russia? This question yet remains without a good answer.

The new book by Nikolai Starikov, author of the bestselling Cherchez la… Oil, ‘Russian’ Revolution Revealed, and Who Finances Russia’s Collapse: From Decembrists to Islamic Radicals, will pluck the veil off the major mystery of World War II.
  • Who sponsored Hitler and his party?
  • Why may Leon Trotsky be called the father of German Nazism?
  • Who financed the rapid amassment of the German army?
  • Why did German war planes fly with British engines?
  • Why did the West cede Austria and Czechoslovakia to Hitler?
  • Why do the Anglo-Saxon nations hate the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact?
  • Why did Britain and France never stir a finger to help Poland?
  • Why did the leader of the Nazi Germany postpone the French campaign as many as twenty times?
  • What did Rudolf Hess bring with him to England, and why did he ‘hang himself’ at the age of 92?
These and other questions have their replies in this book, from which you will learn who made Hitler attack the USSR on June 22, 1941.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Russia is enormous, and German armies were burning fuel going at max speed at the end of their supplylines. They could not push harder than they were already pushing, and they all got bogged down in Stalingrad. Hitler had hyped the communists and the russians as the worst threat to German existence, so of course he had to keep his promise sometime. Germany also had to attack sooner, rather than later bcoz of Russian industry gearing up immensely, outstripping any german advantage.
All in all germany had basically no chance, especially not with Russia receiving Lend lease.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah the russians were ramping up to totally neg Hitler's pos hole so he had to jump out in front of that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hitler didn't get owned by weather he got owned by stalingrad

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
naming a city after himself ended up being a brilliant strategic move for stalin

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
not naming a city after himself was probably Hitlers greatest blunder, all things considered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

things probably would've gone differently if hitler had let his generals push to the caucasian oil fields instead of getting caught up in stalingrad. if wwii had been directed by the same dudes who planned wwi for germany they would have won

• Locked thread