Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
the server already fell over lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i always like the bad games done quick segments because it sometimes means either depending entirely on luck for things to happen or glitching through all the walls

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
ok its back up now and they are playing some donkey kong

7:55 central they are going to have the tasvideos guys demoing their bot that plays back tases on real consoles

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
This thing was only good because of that autistic nerd who couched a run he knew nothing about and got smacked the gently caress down by another nerd live on stream because he wouldn't stop saying stupid twitch reddit memes IRL.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
what's agdq

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

what's agdq

Awesome Games Done Quick

it's a speed running charity event, usually to raise money for cancer, and it owns

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

rotor posted:

what's agdq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm not going to watch it live for the most part anymore just because i don't have the time

this is one of my favs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M7IINwTFVw

if you want to skip to where he starts playing, go to 4:07. but there's some really cool info that he mentions beforehand

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the hat that signified "cool guy who probably snowboards" in the 90s is nowadays known as "autistic failson hat"

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

newreply.php posted:

the hat that signified "cool guy who probably snowboards" in the 90s is nowadays known as "autistic failson hat"

wow way to have prejudice against autistic people that actually can do cool stuff. can you do anything interesting? didn't think so

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i can rock back and forth better than most autists

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
that's the weird part is how normal most of these people (or at least the ones that talk on camera) seem to be. like the only really terrible autist i think is blueglass and apparently everyone loves him for some reason?

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

A Pinball Wizard posted:

that's the weird part is how normal most of these people (or at least the ones that talk on camera) seem to be. like the only really terrible autist i think is blueglass and apparently everyone loves him for some reason?

did you not see the video i just posted where everyone who talked is a terrible autist?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

A Pinball Wizard posted:

yeah same i noticed the same thing. it's more likely the people in the audience that look abnormal for some reason

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

A Pinball Wizard posted:

YSG :face emoticon: :face emoticon: :face emoticon: :face emoticon:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

black man 3 posted:

did you not see the video i just posted where everyone who talked is a terrible autist?

That was an exceptional circumstance and you know it. You can't stereotype an entire group of Internet nerds based on a few

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
lol @ the something artistic.com logo on the lower right of the stream

i cant unsee something autistic.com

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Olivil posted:

i cant unsee something autistic.com
it redirects to something awful tho??

(your posts in particular)

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

kraftwerk singles posted:

That was an exceptional circumstance and you know it. You can't stereotype an entire group of Internet nerds based on a few

Indeed, on a few

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
there has been a very confirmed creeper at AGDQ that has not surprisingly been banned

quote:

“Then, he was playing kirby on cyghfer’s NES. He got mad at the game for whatever reason, and told me and another individual to look at what he was about to do. He said something like “look at the screen” and punched cyghfer’s NES extremely hard. The screen turned to random pixels, and cyghfer’s NES was now cracked (I think it is still working, but there is still no excuse to damage another’s console for absolutely no reason).”

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/speedrunner-controllerhead-banned-from-agdq/

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

there has been a very confirmed creeper at AGDQ that has not surprisingly been banned

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/speedrunner-controllerhead-banned-from-agdq/

Lmfao. This guy is actually extremely win.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
also this guy is kind of quirky but i've learned to enjoy it so he doesn't really bother me anymore. his name is YSG (and bluegrass?) and he sits in for almost every game it seems and used to make comments all the time but i think he learned that he should quiet down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ZhpAPKuwo

the only game i saw him play was echo the dolphin and he failed miserably, but apparently he knows a ton of poo poo about other games and discovered shortcuts to help other runners

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

that's from last year's event

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
here's another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBPEVxI534k

Zamujasa posted:

that's from last year's event

yeah

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

im the 5 Jan 14

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

badgames done autisticly

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also lmao the harasser dude then posted this on reddit

quote:

Issuing a public apology to you. I don't remember what happened. Anyway i donated $200 to your paypal account.

i dont know if this makes up for whatever i did or didn't do,

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lol they are so afraid of gamergate poo poo they had to put a disclaimer in when reporting on sexual harassment even though it was corroborated

quote:

On twitter, a female attendee of AGDQ Ashley Anne @sn0wtigerr on Twitter has complained of sexual harassment against Controllerhead during the event. Although this can’t be stated as fact, it has been confirmed by multiple sources on reddit and twitter. Controllerhead is said to have problems with alcohol abuse.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Linguica posted:

also lmao the harasser dude then posted this on reddit

lol she accepted the apology (she took the money and ran)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol they are so afraid of gamergate poo poo they had to put a disclaimer in when reporting on sexual harassment even though it was corroborated

except that happened like 8 mo before gamergate so it was just general nerd shittiness

at least they kicked him the gently caress out

black man 3 posted:

that's just awkwardness not the chris chan level spergery i would expect from someone who obsessively plays the same game over and over again until they can literally play it blindfolded

basically im surprised it's not an entire room full of blueglass

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

A Pinball Wizard posted:

except that happened like 8 mo before gamergate so it was just general nerd shittiness

regardless, my point still stands. people like that games journo (lol) are afraid to offend male gamers and reporting on her accusation with that caveat is revealing of a sexist mindset in the community. it was unnecessary to stress that it might not be true. no poo poo.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ban everyone who posted in this extremely obvious autism flytrap

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yospos

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

last year's super metroid race was extremely epic.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

pram posted:

ban everyone who posted in this extremely obvious autism flytrap

help meeeeee

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

regardless, my point still stands. people like that games journo (lol) are afraid to offend male gamers and reporting on her accusation with that caveat is revealing of a sexist mindset in the community. it was unnecessary to stress that it might not be true. no poo poo.

oh yeah im not trying to minimize how lovely the reporting is im just saying it wasnt directly related to gamergate, except being rooted in the same toxic nerd culture. technically correct best kind etc etc

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Posting in a thread known to be a honeypot

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

As a Millennial I posted:

last year's super metroid race was extremely epic.

was it "hype" or "win" as well?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

bad interlacing on the 3rd diddy kong racing capture, very unhappy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
toxx: if notch doesn't kill himself in 2015 from a coke od i will be permabanned

• Locked thread