Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

speedruns can be kind of interesting but tool assisted speedruns are dumb as gently caress.

yeah, my sex life is pretty sub par

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Shaggar posted:

speedruns can be kind of interesting but tool assisted speedruns are dumb as gently caress.

some of them are alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJjgPsg6-aI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOfcvPf-22k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcV9uIY5i4

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5tyMXXDPX4

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 5, 2015

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

what in the loving

quote:

When stunning a flying ? block, it can spawn a sprite with the ID 0xFA. This ID is not an actual sprite and it is never used in SMW but since it spawned, the game has to run a code for that sprite. The game indexes the code location wrong and the code jumps to $0322. This is a place in the OAM table (OAM is a chunk of memory that stores the data about the sprite tiles to draw onto screen). That means that we can change values of the code being executed by changing the position of sprites.

that's the proest click i will click today

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 5, 2015

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

kraftwerk singles posted:

stop melting down

tell me more about yospos priviledge

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the family fued and brain age tas runs are loving amazing

i like all speedruns especially if they have interesting gimmicks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tool assisted speed runs are boring programming exercises. wow, great. you found where in memory they stored winGame and set it to true. nice job

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

the ones with literally perfect play and luck are sometimes amusing for a minute or two

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

destroy all computers, put these nerds to work oiling locomotives and tabulating spreadsheets manually

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
quake speed runs are cool.

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

if i had as much perseverance as the guys who run the same n64 game 2500 times i might do something with my life

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
shaggs watch that family fued one and tell me it doesn't own how they found a way to work within the constraints and also make it fun

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

actually, speed runs are cool and tool assisted speed runs are also cool.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

certainly cooler activities than posting in a forum for funy computer.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

rotor posted:

destroy all computers, put these nerds to work oiling locomotives and tabulating spreadsheets manually

this unironically

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
making super mario world play super mario all-stars is great and I'm glad that that one and the pokemon red chat one were the ones I happened to catch on

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
rotor you should give it a chance. if you played any console games in the past, look up to see if they did a speed run and BE AMAZED

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

young dudes across the world have missed out on their prime by sitting at home on a gaming device streamed by computer running the same game, doing the same thing 2000+ times and hoping that the game throws them a fuckin bone once in a while so they can get bragging rights saying "yea. i completed this game faster than everyone else. it only took 2000 tries :smug: suck me off bitch"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i watched a star control 2 tas the other day. it wasn't very good.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ruby idiot railed posted:

making super mario world play super mario all-stars is great

wait what?

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Egan Yardley posted:

young dudes across the world have missed out on their prime by sitting at home on a gaming device streamed by computer running the same game, doing the same thing 2000+ times and hoping that the game throws them a fuckin bone once in a while so they can get bragging rights saying "yea. i completed this game faster than everyone else. it only took 2000 tries :smug: suck me off bitch"

ya lol. its p.sad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

rotor you should give it a chance. if you played any console games in the past, look up to see if they did a speed run and BE AMAZED

it's a tragic waste of the human spirit

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Egan Yardley posted:

it's true

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

it's a tragic waste of the human spirit

yeah it is, but it turns out there's tons of people that watch it, and they raise lots of cancer research money for free. 100% of the money goes towards that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

yeah it is, but it turns out there's tons of people that watch it, and they raise lots of cancer research money for free. 100% of the money goes towards that

that's great and stuff but that just makes them charitable wastes of the human spirit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hubris.height posted:

shaggs watch that family fued one and tell me it doesn't own how they found a way to work within the constraints and also make it fun

I cant imagine anything more boring.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

that's great and stuff but that just makes them charitable wastes of the human spirit

it's better than nothing!

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

i would rather sit at home wasting my youth watching the same sports team do the sports ball on the same sports field for a few months every year since i can remember. at least w/ that i can talk about it w/ ppl at work and not look like a huge fuckoff weirdo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

it's better than nothing!

agreed

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Someone told me that leaving my door open at university is how you get laid but it didnt work and instead i spent all day every day playing sonic adventure. i'm now the 100% world record holder at 22 and get this, still have not seen the insides of a girl's pants :smug:

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

black man 3 posted:

Someone told me that leaving my door open at university is how you get laid. It didnt work and instead i spent all day every day playing sonic adventure and get this i'm now the 100% world record holder and still have not seen the insides of a girl's pants :smug:

just pick up a pair at victorias secret and microwave them bro, there are any% wrs to be beaten!!!!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I cant imagine anything more boring.

desert bus for charity

also the buggy family feud/jeopardy word parsers are funny

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Egan Yardley posted:

this but replace video games with programming languages and bitcoins

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

quake speed runs are cool.

its nice to see you find things cool for once shaggar

*starts new spreadsheet and puts "agdq" into call A1*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/pokemon-plays-twitch-how-a-robot-got-irc-running-on-an-unmodified-snes/ k here's how they did the tasbot fuckery

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

newreply.php posted:

its nice to see you find things cool for once shaggar

*starts new spreadsheet and puts "agdq" into call A1*

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i haven't watched any of agdq 2015 live, and i only plan to watch what i want to on the posted youtubes, but have the fixed the audio this time so that the crowd clapping isn't 15dB higher than the player talking?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
kinda pissed the gimmick run is at freaking 5:45 am tomorrow

i mean im usually up by then anyway but come on youre supposed to put the lovely games no one cares about in the early morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i haven't watched any of agdq 2015 live, and i only plan to watch what i want to on the posted youtubes, but have the fixed the audio this time so that the crowd clapping isn't 15dB higher than the player talking?

yeah its way better imo

• Locked thread