Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
let's talk about the important things

like the fact that geop hasn't seen ZARDOZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kuvo posted:

It's okay, I haven't seen Back to the Future.

I have the DVDs coming in the next couple days and plan to fix this on Saturday

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Kuvo posted:

wait seriously

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kuvo posted:

Zardoz isn't very good, so that's probably not a bad thing.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Guys I made a really funny Zelda Timeline edit but don't tell Geop :ssh:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Vicas posted:

You really shouldnt post pictures of geop without his permission :mad:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

You really shouldnt post pictures of geop without his permission :mad:

Not wearing a Catarina helm, not Geop.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Vicas posted:

DLC for phantom pain already?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
http://gannon-banned.com/
This has a list of a lot of the mistakes in the zelda series, obvious spoilers but it's hilarious to read through :v:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yo I was summoned when someone implied Wind Waker wasn't the best Zelda.

Well.

Wind Waker is the best Zelda.

~Bye.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

HEY SHITLORDS, LET'S SHANTY.

I mean you can back out. Meaning you shant take part.

Oho. HO HO HO.

So let's sing an easier one. This'll be courtesy of Robviously's take on Drunken Sailor. I wanted to find some music to put it up against, but nothing was long enough, really :saddowns: Not many karaoke versions of it on Youtube.

"But Geop, I can't sing." DON'T WORRY. NEITHER CAN I.

Here's how we'll do this: my audio will be the master-track of sorts. Open up Audacity, load this in to it, and maybe make it super loud (so you can't hear your voice too well). Go along with the lyrics and stay somewhere in the ballpark. Being a little off is just fine! Be jolly! Be over-the-top! It's a shanty!

Just be sure that whatever you export can overlay on the track I have linked up above. Ideally, I'd like to just drag-and-drop these, maybe play around with track volumes so it all blends together. Synchronizing it with my track will make things way easier for me! I don't care what format it is, as long as it's audio. Denoised would be ideal! E-mail me links or just full attachments at geopmcgeop AT yahoo DOT com!

Also, please put your forum name in the e-mail! I'm gonna slap this on Youtube with some edits maybe, and I wanna have everyone's name included at the end :v: Deadline for this will be next saturday the 17th!

Additional note: for other shanties, I'd more than welcome someone else offering the master-track. My range might be pretty laughable even on a simple song. Something more complex would be a chore to listen to :staredog: Anyone more vocally inclined is more than welcome! If you're shy and wanna remain anonymous, you can just shuffle me your track via e-mail and I'll put it out as the Anonymous Singer!

If you want to do instrumental accompaniment stuff, wait until I get ahold of a master-track for you guys to synchronize with! I'll update this post and bump the thread once it's set!

Geop fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 7, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Geop posted:

Need to make sure I'm either properly tired or properly drunk this weekend so I can do this without quite so much burning personal shame. :v:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The e-mail submission is part of what makes this cool for more reserved singers! The master track is the only one that's really up for a ribbing :psyduck:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Geop posted:

Oho. HO HO HO.

This sounds amazing. I don't know if I'll be able to contribute, but I'm looking forward to whatever the result is regardless.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Geop posted:

Oho. HO HO HO.

So let's sing an easier one. This'll be courtesy of Robviously's take on Drunken Sailor. I wanted to find some music to put it up against, but nothing was long enough, really :saddowns: Not many karaoke versions of it on Youtube.

"But Geop, I can't sing." DON'T WORRY. NEITHER CAN I.

Here's how we'll do this: my audio will be the master-track of sorts. Open up Audacity, load this in to it, and maybe make it super loud (so you can't hear your voice too well). Go along with the lyrics and stay somewhere in the ballpark. Being a little off is just fine! Be jolly! Be over-the-top! It's a shanty!

Just be sure that whatever you export can overlay on the track I have linked up above. Ideally, I'd like to just drag-and-drop these, maybe play around with track volumes so it all blends together. Synchronizing it with my track will make things way easier for me! I don't care what format it is, as long as it's audio. Denoised would be ideal! E-mail me links or just full attachments at geopmcgeop AT yahoo DOT com!

Also, please put your forum name in the e-mail! I'm gonna slap this on Youtube with some edits maybe, and I wanna have everyone's name included at the end :v: Deadline for this will be next saturday the 17th!

Additional note: for other shanties, I'd more than welcome someone else offering the master-track. My range might be pretty laughable even on a simple song. Something more complex would be a chore to listen to :staredog: Anyone more vocally inclined is more than welcome! If you're shy and wanna remain anonymous, you can just shuffle me your track via e-mail and I'll put it out as the Anonymous Singer!

Oh that's it, this is the best thread on this subforum.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwIF3vbP52s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SoQbCjSriQ

I found these if you're looking for one with noone singing, unless you're looking for better quality.
I assume the shanty is based off of drunken sailor. Also I'm going to have to wait and do this when there is noone around to ask me why I am singing drunken linklor.

Worklurker fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 7, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Geop posted:

NEITHER CAN I.

:allears: This is amazing, this is going to be amazing and I'm seriously considering contributing. :allears:

I'm so glad I got in on the ground floor of this thread.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Mr. Soop posted:

Everything so far is has been SO ADORABLE. :swoon:

Also, when Vicas backseat games, he throws his legs over the back of the driver's seat and begins to drive with his feet.

also i'm a bit late here but literally me backseating

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0

This is the extent of my Zardoz knowledge but it's one of the most amazing trailers I have ever seen.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Geop posted:

Did somebody say Sea Shanties?!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

UZworm posted:

Welp, here comes the accordion.

I knew this was a good idea. :allears:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Geop posted:

uh oh

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Rodyle posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0

This is the extent of my Zardoz knowledge but it's one of the most amazing trailers I have ever seen.

My favorite Zardoz story is recording it off TV, then inviting a friend of mine over to drink whiskey and watch Lebowski. My brother and I put on Zardoz instead, because my friend had gone by "Zed" in high school. We still drank whiskey.

I'll do a shanty.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

An accordion?? Oh my god <3

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Geop posted:

An accordion?? Oh my god <3

I may or may not have some experience in the field of making Sea Shanties for LP videos

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

UZworm posted:

I may or may not have some experience in the field of making Sea Shanties for LP videos

And this might be the tune that we need http://youtu.be/-ijdNEmUjiE

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I can add a flute, but I may need the accordion track because if they get out of sync things will sound a lot worse than if peoples voices do.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Geop posted:

Yapping Eevee posted:

:swoon:

I'll have to dig out something to record my voice but I'll be keelhauled before I miss out on this.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Shanty sent. I'm sorry everyone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vicas posted:

also i'm a bit late here but literally me backseating

If you zoom the picture out you can see Vicas' ape-like handfeet also holding onto a controller as well.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Friend Vicas, please, for the love of god, close some of those browser tabs! Who knows where they've been?

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

There shall be no apologies for shantying - 'tis the song of the working (or drinking) man (or woman). Or goon.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

If this is happening I can totally (try and) provide mandolin.
Which, while not really sea-shanty-y, is completely appropriate for this game because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0t7-Ks10Dc (Geop you really owe it to yourself not to click this, :siren: music spoilers :siren:).

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

UZworm posted:

Yapping Eevee posted:

Oh my god yesssssss :allears:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Geop posted:

The only thing we need to know is that Zeldas can all be approached as different universes, tada, I simplified things.

No more timeline chatter :colbert:

Is it the end of the line for timeline chat Geop?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
:blush: Well since we're all publicly embarrassing ourselves, I made a second sea shanty, here ya go:
Dropbox Link
The timing is a bit off in some places and I could mix in more game SFX here and there but I'll keep fiddling and refining it later.
(Resorces for anyone who wants to refine this themselves:
Wind Waker sound effects.
You Are A Pirate Karaoke Version.)
(Two of these are Dropbox Links)

You are a Hero Lyrics:
Yar har, fiddle dee, being a hero is alright with me, do what you can 'cause a hero succeeds, you are a hero!
(spoken)You are a hero. (sfx: hyah!)

(sung) We got us a map (a map!) That shows us the rooms in this maze-like dungeon
That's full of puzzles and locks (sfx: uah?) and crawling with monsters, hey!
We'll beat up the boss (the boss!) We know it's weakness is the item we found here
Boss keys open the locks (sfx: ngh...) and then we'll save the day!

Yar har, deedle doh.
If you love to battle your foes
You are a hero!

WIND WAKER!

Yar har fiddle dee, being a hero is what I will be
The wind in my sails will surely carry me, I am a hero!
Arr har ahoy and avast, I got some bombs so let's have a blast
When we meet up I will take you to task, I am a hero

We're sailing away, Adventure waits on every shore!
We set sail and explore (yar har!) and run and jump all day.
We float on our boat (our boat!) until it's time to drop the anchor
Then fish up whatever floats, and then we sail away!

(sfx: dark laugh) Yar har deedle dee
If your destiny's to duel me, you are a hero!

LAND HO!

Yar har feedle dee, being a hero is your destiny!
Take up your sword and your shield and you'll see, you are a hero!
(spoken) Yar har, wind in your sails lad, wherever you go!
(sung) Blue sky above and blue ocean below, you are a hero
you are a hero. (sfx: long dark laugh)

Jenner fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 7, 2015

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I'm pretty sure the seagulls hate BUDZ because they know of his habit of throwing animals into the sea.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Its a shame I'm barely a beginner with my ocarina (I still feel weird holding it because it feels like I'm playing a potato) because I would love to contribute music! Instead Geop, you will have my singing!

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Its a shame I'm barely a beginner with my ocarina (I still feel weird holding it because it feels like I'm playing a potato) because I would love to contribute music! Instead Geop, you will have my singing!

Have you heard UZ using the accordion, or Geop singing? You'd fit right in, trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Valgaav posted:

Have you heard UZ using the accordion, or Geop singing? You'd fit right in, trust me.

I'll have you know I'm a moderately good accordion player, I only play it badly around here for comedic effect :colbert:

• Locked thread