Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

t-those seagulls are either tiny or a perspective error :ohdear:

they're on the telescope itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they are tiny seagulls.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

...I never even noticed. Foot in mouth.

(Regardless it's a strange optical illusion, given the actual seagulls in the distance. Maybe remove the outlines on the ones on the telescope?)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

NO, IT IS PERFECT AND I LOVE IT <3

earthdivine
Apr 29, 2009
Ground floor of a Geop Lets Play, Windwaker, AND Sea Shanties?

:allears: This year is starting off great, looking forward to all of this.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
Aw~ Thanks Geop!

I love Wind Waker a lot because it feels so good to play, the combat it just the smoothest. Also because of how the characters have personality in this game, for now let's just talk Link. See he feels much more like a kid than the other Links and a lot of it is just his facial expressions. I feel like the kind of things you do around outset would be the things he'd do anyway like his character is mischievous but playful and kind. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but it's cool what facial expression can make you feel.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Audacity hates my laptop's microphone. I can't get any sort of volume except once every few seconds when it picks me up LOUD AND CLEAR.

Shanties on hiatus for a little bit.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, I, uh, made a shanty and a recording of it, both before I saw the drunken sailor colab post, so I feel kind of embarrassed, but not enough not to post it. Take the fruit of my efforts!

https://soundcloud.com/thetoughestbean/hyrule-hunting

Oh, three boys and a girl went a Zelda playin'
and a way and a way and a wee- i-ay
And one of them was-a puns- a sayin'
sing high-low, that's the Geop way

Two o' the boys were-a anime a-watchin'
and away and a way and a wee- i-ay
But dear BUDZ, who was having fun, was-a pigs a stalkin'

Three o' them were-a Wind Waker showin'
But Geop was happy with simply pigs a-throwin'

And the girl, who was a dev, was-a patents teachin'
About, how BUDZ's eyes moved when he was a-creepin'

Now, the thread waits for more videos
But these things be hurried, that's just how it goes,

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

You guys mention how brave Link is but I've always been a fan of the idea that he literally cannot feel fear. That it's his superpower as the Legendary Hero or whatever.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Captain Fargle posted:

You guys mention how brave Link is but I've always been a fan of the idea that he literally cannot feel fear. That it's his superpower as the Legendary Hero or whatever.

Sooooo, Link is like a psychopath or something?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Sooooo, Link is like a psychopath or something?

A legendary pot smashing, pig chucking, chicken slashing, sign destroying psychopath.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
This is why you use a headset with 3.5mm audiojacks instead of USB. :colbert:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Geop, you'll be happy to know that Link's idea of victory is getting that pig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtByD3jqaI

You are successfully role playing.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Aww, yeah, Tetra showed up. Tetra is the best.

PAMaster
Mar 2, 2013

Tiger Bard Apprentice
Hey guys, just sent my shanty recording in for the group singing event what's going on in he-

:allears:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
This is a good game and a good LP.

I'm not a fan of the HD version's artstyle. The bloom is extremely over-done, and the game's not actually cel-shaded anymore. The new artstyle is still better than 99% of games that come out nowadays, but I don't think it looks nearly as good as the old style.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

tlarn posted:

This is why you use a headset with 3.5mm audiojacks instead of USB. :colbert:

It's a mic geop sent me for free bc im trash :gonk: I never had problems with it before this recording and I'm so sorryyyyy. Geop handled it so well with the subtitles though so I guess it's okay~

edit: wait, I mentioned that in the video. oh well whatever WHATEVER I'M A MESS

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 8, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Captain Fargle posted:

Watch the scene in Skyward Sword where Groose is divebombing him from the sky. If you don't call that pure terror then I don't know what to say.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Aren't there a bunch of mental disorders that include the inability to feel fear?

I have to say, though, even at the risk of spoiling the game, that I can think of several occasions in the game where Link has a clear "Oh poo poo" face.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Decus posted:

A legendary pot smashing, pig chucking, chicken slashing, sign destroying psychopath.

A Link that does none of those things is the REAL psychopath. :colbert:

evilspacehopper posted:

Aw~ Thanks Geop!

I love Wind Waker a lot because it feels so good to play, the combat it just the smoothest. Also because of how the characters have personality in this game, for now let's just talk Link. See he feels much more like a kid than the other Links and a lot of it is just his facial expressions. I feel like the kind of things you do around outset would be the things he'd do anyway like his character is mischievous but playful and kind. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but it's cool what facial expression can make you feel.

Naw, I feel you there. Outset Island is my favorite opening segment/tutorial section of any of the Zeldas. It's so fun and colorful and tightly-constructed, and I love the feel of the place. The bright open ocean and the happy music and the pigs and crabs and trees you can cut down. There are so many fun little things to run up to and check out even at the earliest stage of the game, and what's great is how natural it is, how you aren't railroaded into interacting with points of interest through story triggers or endless text bubbles. The game gets you accustomed to the feel of it even as it actively entices you to explore and discover. It's great.

It helps that WW's the first of the 3D Zeldas to establish Link as having an actual family. In Oot, Link starts off with the Kokiri, who treat him like family but it quickly becomes clear ha and they are not the same, and in MM, you literally are thrust into an alternate dimension, a stranger dumped unceremoniously into a very different yet eerily familiar world. WW, though, sees Link living this happy, cozy existence on a backwoods island with family and neighbors, and the game did a great job creating this warm, playful starting area you just naturally wanna play around in to reflect that.

WW has tons of great environs, though. Can't wait to see how they turned out in HD

EDIT: Haven't played the HD version yet, but I love this game lots and this LP is great.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 8, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

geop mouth eat the eggs

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I agree that at least for Wind Waker, Link is too stupid to know fear.

On a different note Link wanting to eat a pig is definitely canon:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Geop, I didn't know you were doing an LP for the LP 2007 thread! :allears:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

I couldn't help myself:

(I can't tell if I made it adorable or terrifying)

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Walliard posted:

I couldn't help myself:

(I can't tell if I made it adorable or terrifying)

It looks like it's waiting for sempai to notice it.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Not to be annoying, but the latest video made me realize that you're pressing the A button during reading sections much more slowly than I'm used to. I start getting antsy because I finished reading and just want you to get back to doing stuff! I'll shut up if you're doing it because you and/or the commentators read at that speed, but I wondered if maybe you're getting distracted by the convo and don't realize how long it is between presses.

That aside, Panzer's subs were a thing of beauty.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, pigsploitation is serious business.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
drat it, I've been trying to record some saxophone for the shanty, but my mic is too lovely (bad quality, starts beeping). Sorry.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
<SCREAMS> is Panzer's most natural mode of communication, as the Saints Row 2 LP proved.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

<SCREAMS> is Panzer's most natural mode of communication, as the Saints Row 2 LP proved.

Now I feel like I missed out.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Mordaedil posted:

Now I feel like I missed out.

Boom!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Gyre posted:

Not to be annoying, but the latest video made me realize that you're pressing the A button during reading sections much more slowly than I'm used to. I start getting antsy because I finished reading and just want you to get back to doing stuff!
It's because I'm talking/thinking and reading at the same time :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so this was in my facebook feed this morning

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

mateo360 posted:

This is wonderful. :allears:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh no, you rolled into the wall in the wrong house! :ohdear: So close.

Also Toon Link is the best Link.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

mateo360 posted:

Why does Skyward Sword Link have the same expression in like every panel.

On the other hand, oh Toon Link. :3:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I couldn't sing to save my life but I can give you some lyrics.

Are you ready, Link?
Aye-aye Tetra.
I can't hear you...
Aye-aye Tetra!
Ooooooo...
Who lives on an island in the Great Sea?
He-ro of Time!
Wearing a green tunic and a sword is he
He-ro of Time!
If saving your sister is something you wish...
He-ro of Time!
Then grab a piglet and make it a fish!
He-ro of Time!
Ready?
He-ro of time! He-ro of time! He-ro of time! Heroooo... of time!!

Don't loving tell me that this Link isn't the hero of time

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts
That loving bridge (and future bridges like it). I swear there is a slight magnetism pulling Link to the edge.

"Drop him, Link. He can swim... you can't"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

geop mouth eat the eggs

When Geop was a lad, he ate four dozen eggs every morning, to help him get large.
Now that he's grown, he eats five dozen eggs, so he's roughly the size of a barge.

• Locked thread