Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

something awful was down for an hour and david cross has been legit funny for two decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
even i didnt know about this show!!

i am going to watch it and think about how wrong lowtax is, often

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

its a great show and david cross is good, its okay to like things, ya nerds

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
itt we are all upset we aren't professional comedians with shows on IFC

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

red state bait posted:

its a great show and david cross is good, its okay to like things, ya nerds

it's also ok to not like things

but it's annoying when people bitch

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Irrational Bees posted:

itt we are all upset we aren't professional comedians with shows on IFC

qft

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
hi, im marc maron. i gently caress a lot of young women and i hate it.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
will arnett sucks, just so you know. I hope nobody is denying that because if you are you're wrong

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
man's gotta eat

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCnBR6u888g

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

The funny Tobias man makes bad choices.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
tobias funke: im gay

horrible nerds: hahahahahaha

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
it was a different time i guess

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

will arnett is also good

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Smug Mug posted:

The funny Tobias man makes bad choices.

yes, although I remember in some interview he defended doing the chipmunk movies bc one of them earned him more money than his entire worthless career up to that point lol

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

its almost as if entertainers do things they enjoy for little to no money and then do a thing they dont really like so that they can have money and the freedom to do things they are passionate about, so whacky!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
itt let's get mad about comedians

the ironty

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i like everything the world is one flavor of vanilla to me that is to say uniformly pleasant and inoffensive to my senses

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why can't we all just be friends and say nice things to each other all the time and occasionally give each other handjobs i mean really

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

why can't we all just be friends and say nice things to each other all the time and occasionally give each other handjobs i mean really

qft

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMTeRjRufPU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Cross going off on Larry the Cable Guy is good poo poo. Poor decisions is also good poo poo. The announcement of a third season is questionable.

David Cross opinions; I got em.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

gnarlyhotep posted:

itt let's get mad about comedians

I would really like to know why david cross fans are so aggressively defensive if someone states they don't like arrested development, or didn't find it funny. the reaction's always like someone without any provocation or reason just pissed directly on their face (and they don't like having their face peed on, i know that has to be qualified around here).

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I liked the show in the OP. It continually escalates throughout the series until by the end things are so hosed-up that they're unrecognizable. It kind of did the Breaking Bad thing at the same time Breaking Bad was doing it, as a comedy. David Cross is consistently funny and when he's being "not funny", he's especially funny, because of the kind of reaction he gets when he's not funny. He knows that people expect so much out of him that people get so mad that they embarrass themselves when he does something that doesn't make them laugh. He's almost like a modern day Andy Kafuman in several regards. Additionally, as he gets older and his neck gets fat, he's starting to look very funny.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

5er posted:

I would really like to know why david cross fans are so aggressively defensive if someone states they don't like arrested development, or didn't find it funny. the reaction's always like someone without any provocation or reason just pissed directly on their face (and they don't like having their face peed on, i know that has to be qualified around here).

honestly i just think its boring/annoying to tell people what you dont like a thing/person (this thread), people care even less about a thing you dont like than a thing you do like.

you dont like thing, well it turns out i like the thing.

its lame and boring and this is a bad thread and david cross is funny

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

red state bait posted:

this is a bad thread and david cross is funny

I agree with these things

hesistationing on gassing it, becayuse maybe someone will post some other comedy things that are funny

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

people dont like david cross, when i watched this live the chat was going crazy and everyone hated his loving guts, i think hes hilarious though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4d-F9EWPmQ

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
you know how there are guys who are always way too eager to make racist jokes only they're not joking

David Cross is like the opposite version of that, he hates rednecks so loving much that it becomes weird and uncomfortable and creeps into almost everything that he does

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

hes from the south, ya dolt, of course hes gonna talk about rednecks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghiOjPxm_4

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Sleeveless posted:

you know how there are guys who are always way too eager to make racist jokes only they're not joking

David Cross is like the opposite version of that, he hates rednecks so loving much that it becomes weird and uncomfortable and creeps into almost everything that he does

Yeah, its kinda like how comedians from new york make a lot of new york jokes. I wonder why they do that? its so weird. It makes me REAL mad.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

The pilot was way funnier than the reshoot that they turned into the first episode.

After I saw the redone episode, I just couldn't get into the show because it was no where near as funny as the original pilot.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
dave cross standup is a lot of whiny negativity and unfunny rants said in a nerdy voice by an ugly man so he very much encapsulates the gbs je ne sais quoi and this thread is exactly the thread he deserves imo

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

he is a beautiful and talented individual how dare you sir

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
David Cross was paid by a film studio to go on a cruise and he spent the entire trip locked in his cabin because he saw too many fat people and got mad

He wrote an open letter to Larry The Cable Guy, a stand-up comedian's persona and fictional character, because he was so offended by him

He wrote and starred in a movie that bombed so terribly that it was promoted alongside The Real Cancun

Any one of these things is funnier than an hour of him whining about how much he hates Republicans and trying to pass it off as stand-up

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
that was the moment that i hated david cross was when he wrote that brutally unfunny rant about larry the cable guy. wow dave you really took the gloves off takin a lot of chances really bravely telling truth to power with your epic takedown of uh larry the cable guy got any scintillating insights about jeff dunham dave got any choice words for jeff foxworthy beloved comedy icons ripe for your particular brand of caustic wit dave

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

run ronnie run is a good and funny movie

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i would pay upwards of $300 to make fun of david cross to his face

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yall got fake poo?

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

fanged wang posted:

i would pay upwards of $300 to make fun of david cross to his face

what would you say? have you thought about it extensively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i've been thinking about it since this thread and have discovered a seemingly endless amount of not liking david cross within myself that i've never given voice to, over a decade of being annoyed by that dude in my subconscious finally rising to a boil in my brain

• Locked thread