Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
wait so people don't do durlag's and the other poo poo when doing an iron man? that seems to be cheating :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

wait so people don't do durlag's and the other poo poo when doing an iron man? that seems to be cheating :colbert:

Last time I played it I did everything. I got an archer all the way to Throne of Bhaal and then died to improved yaga shura fight :/.

I'm tempted to try again. Only question is insane or core rules...

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has cleared the bandit camp.

Before heading to the camp, the party makes a brief stop at ulcaster.

It's amazing how nonthreatening things are when caught in a web!

Clearing the ruins and turning in the book nets me enough xp to gain another level. Thankfully, Cap is able to roll higher than a 1.

Tranzig gives the party no trouble. I don't really remember him giving anyone trouble in the ironman threads, however.

Another resounding victory for the sword coast bear patrol.

I take the time to eliminate the bandit groups in the zones prior to the camp. Got to collect those scalps!

The camp goes rather smoothly due to having just picked up call lightning for the tougher targets.

After finishing with the camp I decide to go after various assassin groups and bounties that I haven't finished.

Everything is great until I get ambushed by 2 ankhegs. Still, no problem! I stun one, and the other has time for only one shot before it dies. How bad could it be?

After we return from the temple after solving Jaheira's acid related mishap the party gets back to work. (Not pictured: bringing captain Brage to the temple.)

This is enough to get Cap to 6, and he gets his best hp roll since character creation. Things don't look so dire now.

Cap as of current.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Time to start over with Natsume the Kensai. Those stats took a while to roll, especially since the first time I got 90+ the strength roll was only 18/03 and I wanted 18/50 at least. The plan is to dual-class her to Druid at level 9, which is why she's focusing on spears instead of something better. Also if I die, I'm just going to keep going into BG2 as a normal playthrough. Lady's death showed that I really need to refamiliarize myself with the sequel.

Not gonna post many screenshots this time. So far Natsume has recruited Viconia, Kagain, Edwin, Dorn, and Shar-Teel. Everyone is at least level 2, and they're headed to the gnoll fortress so Edwin will stop complaining.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

This run is over. I didn't remember the army of ogres south of Shoal

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dootman posted:

I was hoping someone would be brave foolish enough to do Durlag's Tower.

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwelp....

RIP Oldman the human Ranger/Cleric. Checkmated by the wizard chess board.

Pro tip to everyone, the range for summoning spells is slightly less than your field of vision. I had Oldman try to summon some skeletons in the middle of the board, he stepped forward a couple more feet and drew just about everyone. Plus he took the dumbest route possible around those pawn statues. Horror landed, people started scrambling about, lightning was flying every which way, Coran got reduced to ash by two consecutive flame strikes... it was bad.

And looking back there was like a zillion things I could have done. I was saving every bottle of Absorption potion for this fight but didn't use any, I could have pre-cast Courage ASAP instead of worrying about the duration running out, and so on. Farewell Oldman, and farewell ranger/cleric dual classes. Next run is going to be a stalker because I enjoy those backstab shenanigans I did with Coran.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwelp....

RIP Oldman the human Ranger/Cleric. Checkmated by the wizard chess board.

Pro tip to everyone, the range for summoning spells is slightly less than your field of vision. I had Oldman try to summon some skeletons in the middle of the board, he stepped forward a couple more feet and drew just about everyone. Plus he took the dumbest route possible around those pawn statues. Horror landed, people started scrambling about, lightning was flying every which way, Coran got reduced to ash by two consecutive flame strikes... it was bad.

And looking back there was like a zillion things I could have done. I was saving every bottle of Absorption potion for this fight but didn't use any, I could have pre-cast Courage ASAP instead of worrying about the duration running out, and so on. Farewell Oldman, and farewell ranger/cleric dual classes. Next run is going to be a stalker because I enjoy those backstab shenanigans I did with Coran.

I usually cheese the chessboard part with lots of skull traps and wands of fireball. Just target them at the range of your vision and you'll be able to kill them all without moving your caster off his square. Strangely, they don't aggro and just stand there letting you fry them in peace.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Update for Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/thief

Cleared the Cloakwood mines. Headed to Baldur's Gate, and found Dorn's final quest:

What the heck?

Great, now who's gonna carry all my loot? On the bright side, this quest produces some great gear.
When I finally arrive at Baldur's Gate, I suddely remember why I hate this city, it just takes forever to travel from one point to another. After raising Dorn I do some quests, and I decide to go down the sewers.

Holy crap, commandos!

Seriously, I have a full party of lvl 6-7 characters with good gear and nearly lost two characters to stinking kobolds? loving cramped places and my greedy attitude to not use consumable will be the end of this party.

:stonk:

gently caress this game, forever. I don't even know how this happened.

R.I.P Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/thief, killed by the Low Lantern's pair of psychos

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Levitate posted:

I'm absolutely doing it.

Mazes the halfling cleric has cleared:

Bandit Camp
Everything to the west of beregost
Everything south of nashkel except durlags tower
Adoy's Enclave

Coran and Yeslick will complete my party, though I haven't decided if Imoen is leaving or if I should dump Coran. But I haven't entered the Cloakwood yet since I'm trying to hit level 6 before heading that way. Plus it'll get me the gold I need for shadow leather and a suit of full plate for Yeslick.

Granted, it only takes one fuckup, but I am quite confident in this run now that I'm off the ground. Wearing the Claw of Kazgaroth with halfling saving throws means I'm already saving against most everything.

And the best part is that clerics of helm are neutral so I can grab dorn and...I dunno...Branwen or something...after Cloakwood and do his quest.

Never done Rasaad's, though, hopefully that doesn't gently caress me. Neeras final fight probably would have been really hard if not for the true seeing the helm kit gets.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Boudica did better than her predecessor!

Now that I've assessed the risk, I can get this earlier. This is incredibly useful. Resting in a dungeon? Heals me to full. Travelling to a new place? Ditto. Incredibly handy.

Then I powerlevelled a bit off Ankhegs.

This let me utterly destroy the bandit camp again.

Cloakwood was... still dicy. But the notable thing in this screenshot is a successful use of magic resistance, just the second one I've had on any of my runs and the first one on Boudica! In fact, I resisted seven or eight effects in all of cloakwood alone with my innate magic resistance. It's almost like it wants to be useful or something.

This sword is the other key weapon to let a wizard slayer do something at all in this game and was my reward for beating the encounter I lost last time correctly.

Best MR moment I've had yet.

I didn't actually know this coming into the run, but the boots of speed? Yeah, not forbidden to wizard slayers. I don't know why the hell not, but I'm not complaining.

My first act on entering Baldur's Gate.

Now what's this about Oberan's estate-

...Seriously? Oberan's daughters are what ended this run? I even killed two of them without effort, but a Horror I couldn't cheese myself out of in time did me in while I got plinked for several minutes. Because Horror's duration is silly. Good job slaying wizards, Wizard Slayer.

Final stats. RIP Boudica, my best Slayer yet. She achieved maximum level, you'll note: after this point in the game I'd gain no further levels, making the rest of the run interesting.

Rulebook Heavily fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 12, 2015

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I hope Sleep of Bronze is okay he hasn't updated the OP in ages.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
How do you guys handle npcs dying? For instance if a party member is perma killed in bg1, do you still recruit them in bg2?

I feel like that's cheating :colbert:. Unless it's Imoen because you kinda have to have her for story purposes.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

In which Joseph makes it through Chapter 1 without dying horribly, and picks up a boring but handy party along the way.

Karlat was a little on the rough side this time around simply by his sheer ability to stay alive so long. He goes down to a bashing with the quarterstaff from Silke.

I save Neera then promptly boot her for the free gem bag, since I'll be getting my party mage a bit earlier this time.

I kept Joseph outside with a trap on the door as an escape plan just in case Neira managed to hold my entire frontline. Fortunately that proved to be unnecessary as a series of lucky shots interrupted most of her spells and the feeblemind(?) that got through was saved from.

I pick up my last party member and...gently caress, what a broken item combination. You know what it is. I almost feel guilty (but totally don't).

This is a level 2 conjurer.

Heading to the Gnoll Fortress again, this time to be a jerkwad!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

You are going to knock out your own dudes with color spray

I have reached Cloakwood 2. This is by far the scariest area in the base game.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'd like to call bullshit on the belt ogre. Made a half-orc barbarian. 16 hp, AC around -4 when I activated rage. Ogre approached and swung first. My character died. Core rules. The gently caress?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not done a huge amount with HULK since yesterday. I did ditch Eldoth (who a mod moved to the Crossroads area for early recruiting), mostly because Bentley at the Friendly Arms Inn wouldn't sell anything but junk and rent us anything but junk rooms while he was in the party. I've never really had Eldoth around before, so I don't know if that's normal, or from a mod. Also, I'm not sure a bard, even one with 16 strength, really fits the motif of what I have started thinking of as TEAM SMASH. Mind you, neither does Imoen, but she can stick around for now. Speaking of whom, my god that NPC Banter mod makes her into a chatterbox. She horns in on every conversation and interrupts me once every 3 seconds with HEY LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW WE ARE AMAZING ADVENTURERS.

Which brings me to the reason for this update, even though nothing much has happened. I'm using an Icewind Dale soundset (the one that's all growls of various lengths and volumes) for HULK, which led to the most wonderful character selection sound confluence:

IMOEN: "Are you gonna tell me a story about trollops and plugtails? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE?"

HULK: "RRAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!"

TEAM SMASH are on their way to Beregost. On their way, they've run into hobgoblins, the belt ogre, and the usual assortment of gibberlings, xvarts, wolves (a couple dire, one dread) and even the odd bandit, all of whom HULK had few if any issues in smashing.

Khalid nearly got murdered by gibberlings. He might not be TEAM SMASH material either.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The all grunts and yells voice is great. I also enjoy the southern preacher voice from Neverwinter Nights.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Is there a mod to add ID and NWN voice sets, or do you just pull the files yourselves?

Arivia posted:

I hope so too. Please come back, OP. You've got a lot of catching up to do!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I hate that you can never see the battle record after your MC dies. So many deaths leaving me wondering "what!?". I can only assume your poor half-orc got critted. Even with a helmet on averting the extra damage it's still a guaranteed hit. I'm still trying to puzzle out the damage, though. Assuming the ogre had 18/00 strength and the usual morningstar thats 2d4+ 6 damage. Up to 14 damage in a single swing. I guess the monster had specialization for +2 more damage?

I'm gonna go start a new game and CTRL+Q it to see what its deal is:

Welcome to the party, ogre friend.

Yup, 18/00 strength, and it's not just specialized, it's mastered spiked weapons. Which doesn't mean much unless you have true grandmastery installed, either way it gets +2 to damage. Looks like the ogre not only rolled a 20 to hit, it got max possible damage, barely enough to one-shot a raging 16 hp half orc.

Anywho, throwing my hat in the ring once more:

Delf the elf stalker. Core rules, not purist and definitely not a born hero. HEROES ARE MADE, DAMMIT.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

Is there a mod to add ID and NWN voice sets, or do you just pull the files yourselves?

I used the Icewind Dale Voice Pack Converter at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_soundsets2.php (second link from the bottom). I'm sure I've seen the voice packs themselves online somewhere, though.

I'll have to admit that I'm morbidly curious about the Metallica soundset linked on that page.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I hate that you can never see the battle record after your MC dies. So many deaths leaving me wondering "what!?"

:agreed:
I'm still baffled by how fast my half-orc fighter/thief died at the beginning of the thread. He went from 71 hp to 0 in about 5 seconds.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Dootman posted:

I usually cheese the chessboard part with lots of skull traps and wands of fireball. Just target them at the range of your vision and you'll be able to kill them all without moving your caster off his square. Strangely, they don't aggro and just stand there letting you fry them in peace.
Another thing to do is to pass around potions of explosions/oils of fiery burning since anyone can use them, pause so you can get everyone into sync, and just launch an opening salvo. Sometimes it'll even kill the King before any others get into your field of vision.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Blinston Blighter the Blurd, Priest of Talos

So Monty is dead, but eh, Kagain is right there, so Monty's corpse is left on the floor of his shop.

And then his quest is completed literally the second I enter the previous area. Well, okay Kagain.

Also Xzar is a stinky bad wizard, so I grab Neera instead. SMITE!

And then time to get killed by Silke...or, y'know, I could kill those guys and take all their gems. Which I promptly do, and Silke pays me anyway. Hooray.

I do lose the opportunity to recruit Garrick. Truly, I weep.

Karlat the Assassin is waiting for me in the inn, but makes the mistake of following me out the door and walking into a Command spell. Command is kind of broken at low levels.

Christ, shut up Jaheira. I need my beauty sleep to recharge my smiting.

Then it's south, where I bump into the Ogrillon brothers. SMI...crap. I'll have to remember to clear people out of the way of my Smiting.

Well, then it's to the south, where *oh for gently caress's sake!*

Ruuuuuuuun! I do make it out of there, although I almost lose Kagain too to some randomass hobgoblin archer nearby. Then it's up to the Temple to rez Imoen (she's probably the only one I will make an effort to rez, since I'm not going without a thief and Safana is a pain in the rear end to recruit from here), and back down to Nashkel, which is happily an uneventful trip.

Casualties: Montaron (Spider poisoning), Xzar (being useless), Garrick (being too uppity to join me)

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 12, 2015

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

FairGame posted:

You are going to knock out your own dudes with color spray

I have reached Cloakwood 2. This is by far the scariest area in the base game.

Eh, not so bad if you use free action pots/items and have the trap locations memorized.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Holy Toledo, I was just talking about unfortunate crits and max damage rolls, look what happened right in the same area as the belt ogre:

That's a level 1 elf ranger, so Delf only had 13 HP. How strong are these undiseased gibberlings, anyhow? Could one have one-shotted me?

(He's still alive BTW so don't update the graveyard just yet.)

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Arivia posted:

If Sleep of Bronze goes MIA i'd be willing to take over bookkeeping duties so we can avoid a premature death to the ironman thread like last year.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Cedric 2.0 made it through the mines, Silence 15' Radius precast still ruins Mulahey's day. Current party is largely the same. Sparkle Paladin is back, Khalid has been stowed. Right now it Cedric, Xan, Branwen, Imoen, Kivan and Arjantis. Will probably swap out Branwen for Yeslick or Viconia. If you recall the previous Cedric killed Drizzt and became a Fallen Ranger. I decided to repeat that decision in Cedric 2.0 as well since the thread was curious about that last year. He was a few levels higher this time, was really the only difference.

Lots of cheating has me rushing Bwin directly to the end of the game and she's in Balder's Gate now. She's running an evil party with Shart, Edwin, Kagain and such. I've never done that before so why not right? :shrug:

As soon as I catch up to where I was before or die I'll show more screenshots from Cedric 2.0.

Is it even possible to kill Elminster?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

The writing for Shar-Teel is the most ridiculous bullshit good god. I mean, I don't really have to pay attention to what she says but it's the most eye rolling stuff because I can just imagine some nerd at Bioware writing that dialogue

Also wtf 9 CON

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Levitate posted:

The writing for Shar-Teel is the most ridiculous bullshit good god. I mean, I don't really have to pay attention to what she says but it's the most eye rolling stuff because I can just imagine some nerd at Bioware writing that dialogue

Also wtf 9 CON

You should see the romance mod :q:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You shouldn't. Some things weren't meant for human eyes.
I'm seriously tempted to try to dig up my CDs and give this a try. Only problem is I haven't played Baldur's Gate 1 in like ten years.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

The writing in BG is kind of embarrassing in general. I had Safana in my last playthrough and she goes around talking in this sultry voice saying stuff like "I feel so sensual." It's so ridiculous I kept cracking up whenever she talked.

Progress update: Natsume the Kensai has cleared Nashkel Mine and defeated Nimbul back in town.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm taking it slow and easy with Delf the Deft Elf.

Tarnesh was fun:

Note this was after Delf's longsword broke. Luckily the bonus to striking from the shadows was enough to overcome nonproficiency penalties after borrowing Imoen's dagger. Plus Tarnesh just has rock bottom AC.

Recruited Jaheira, and with her BG2 dex I decided to keep her. After turning in that ring quest, however, Khalid somehow got lost in that tiny room and was removed from the party while everyone else was inside. Unable to initiate his leaving dialogue, Jaheira's "we both go" flag didn't get tripped and she happily remains in the party without him. Oh well! I'm sure he'll turn up in BG2, one way or another.

Nashkel had me recruit Minsc (BG2 stats, yay) and Branwen again. I really underestimated how useful a single class cleric can be, so she's in for good. Maybe next playthrough, Yeslick!

Also, after the chessboard fiasco I have been really paranoid about buffing against fear effects, and for a good reason:

Yeesh. All five got hit, without Remove Fear pre-cast they'd all be running around like headless chickens while Zordral the Most Confused Mage-Hater peppered them with spells.

Next up is the Gnoll Stronghold to settle Minsc down and maybe keep Dynaheir, though its kinda weird to not have anyone desperately need the bracers of dexterity. 17 dex is great on Jaheira, and Minsc and Branwen can get by with 16. I guess Minsc will still get it since he'll be right behind Jaheira in melee.

Oh, but speaking of AC, I'm debating whether to really abuse Drizzt's loot. In addition to giving everyone their BG2 stats, I set Jaheira's alignment to NG. Supposedly just so she wouldn't constantly complain about the party not keeping the balance when they reach 20 reputation, but that also means she can use Drizzt's defending scimitar. It's very strong and will also make her AC skyrocket. Do I go down this dark road of minmaxing?

(Yes, absolutely, but try to talk me out of it anyway).

Anywho, Delf the Elf Stalker reached Nashkel. Hooray, no close calls so far! Aside from that one time a ghoul tagged Delf and he got held.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 12, 2015

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Reshad the Totemic Druid checking in. Born Hero and Purist.

Leaving candlekeep we see Monty and Xzar. They are dumb and bad and no one likes them

Tarnesh could not handle the might of a dartflinging druid and his rogue sidekick

Belt Ogre dead. Curiously, so is Khalid. I wonder what convinced him to run naked into battle

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

anilEhilated posted:

You shouldn't. Some things weren't meant for human eyes.
I'm seriously tempted to try to dig up my CDs and give this a try. Only problem is I haven't played Baldur's Gate 1 in like ten years.

Yeah this is the "problem" I'm having. It's kind of neat to see it again and all but it's easy to forget how unforgiving low level D&D is and the difficulty of some of the encounters in the game if you're not prepared for them. Like that one siren encounter that is pure bullshit if you don't know it's coming. I'm also thinking of that fight with the demon in Ulgoth's Beard and cringing because as far as I can recall it was always a bit of luck whether you survive that or everyone gets hosed

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

A protip for all you ironmen fooling around the bottom of the Cloakwood Mines: Don't mix boots of speed and other sources of haste, since there's a risk of you breaking the trigger for chapter 5, leaving you locked out of Baldur's Gate; barring any console shenanigans. I've been practicing for another run, and I fell prey to that particular issue.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Mr. Kipling has cleared the Bandit Camp.

Larswood and Peldvale went by without serious problems, the 2 larger bandit groups fell easily to the Necklace of Missiles. The 1st of the 2 druids in Larswood gets attacked by the 2nd one, and completely ignores this. He died fairly quickly. The 2nd druid had a less dangerous spell selection, he died even quicker than the 1st.

The Bandit Camp itself was fairly tough. I pre-buffed with an oil of speed and a potion of fire resistance, (stacked with the ring for 90% resistance) then attacked. This was followed by lots of use of the Necklace of Missiles on the larger groups of bandits, and backstabs to lone enemies. I charmed Taugosz once he turned up, he killed several bandits but was overwhelmed and eventually chunked by a massive 42 damage critical hit from Britik. (Silly bugger forgot to pack a helmet) Most of the lesser bandits had fallen to fireballs by this point, so it was just a matter of mopping up the stragglers with backstabs.

I sold most of the loot, but kept the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise from Tazok's chest.

Next stop is the Cloakwood.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has cleared the cloakwood mines.

Before returning to the main plot, the party makes a few stops along the way.

The sirines and flesh golems are handled easily enough. Nobody gets charmed, even.

Khalid takes one for the team so that we can help out shoal. Sorry Khalid, that helmet is too valuable!

Then I start cloakwood. These druids are an easy source of xp. I also switch out Khalid and Jaheira and pick up Coran.

I get ambushed on the way to the spider area of the cloakwood. Never run left on these ambushes, there is a web trap there!

It takes a while to carefully check the woods for web traps, but I'm able to avoid setting any off. The spider area is cleared and nobody dies.

It's enough to hit level 7. It is a mediocre hp roll, but I'll take it over some of the others I've gotten.

Ambushed again. I don't even try to fight this one out. The party runs for the edge and makes it.

No matter the location, the sword coast bear patrol remains vigilant!

I try my luck against the wyverns. I get a little worried when they ignore my web spell despite several "wyvern - held" messages showing up. Luckily, they are not immune to horror.

I take down the mercenaries outside the mine. I'd like point out just how good the spell Call Woodland Beings is. Having mass cure and domination on a level 4 summon is nuts.

Minsc hits level 6 and gets his third roll of 3 hp in a row. I bring it up because he only has 2 more hp than Dynaheir at this point in the game.

I pick up Yeslick. Hareishan and her room of bandits end up on the wrong side of a wand of fire.

Davaeorn is down. Had a close call when he cast lightning bolt. Cap drank a potion of absorption in time while Yeslick lost all but 1 of his hp.
After the fight I dual imoen into mage. I'm sure Coran can manage the thief duties.

Cap as of current.

Umbra fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 12, 2015

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
So, I said no update until I get this party of wildmages to Naskel... Well, this is group five.

They managed to survrive 2 demon summonings

And all the basklisks. Which was great because group 3 and 4 died in Basklisk country because of stupid mistakes on my part.

Made it here and...

I forgot to screencap, but they dies to greywolf because one of their spells turned into a fireball.

Going to give something safer a try, maybe go back to six wildmages if it doesn't work out since that was quite a bit of fun once I got the ball rolling.

But for now, figure out what to try to play next. Maybe Blackguard...

So yea, Team Wildmage the 5th died to themselves.

And a small part of me was hoping the run would have ended due to protection from petrify turning into a flesh to stone due to wildsurge. But no, fireball.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Today, a very special update from Natsume the Kensai.

Somehow there are two Rasaads in Nashkel.

:lol:

Too bad I'm doing an evil party, because I'd totally be willing to roll with this otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Good effort Orrfieldmedic. Thanks for giving the wildest of party lineups so many shots. And for documenting the experience for our amusement.

What are your plans for a safer run (or has the sextuplet of surging spellcasters burnt you out?

• Locked thread