Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
What stats are ok to lower to 3, depending on class? Is there any reason to have an higher than 3 int for anyone not a magic user (or fighting up close Mind flayers)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Let's see how this goes.

Took about 20 minutes to get a 91 on the score sheet. If I die, I think I'll just roll with whatever the roll is. Playing with most of the major mods for BG:EE 1 and 2, but not SCS. I have completed the series once before with a Fighter/Mage/Thief, and I usually play a thief. I don't think I'll get past Cloakwood myself.

Edit- Gibbed both the assassins in Candlekeep, and meet two new additions from one of the mods.

Running Core Rules.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 8, 2015

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
whothefuckismydndcharacter.com if you need help in deciding on a character to play.

Some examples:

quote:

obnoxious Gnome Wizard from a company of sellswords who always wakes up on the right side of the bed

dependable Halfling Paladin from a mercenary company who hates the monarchy

egotistical Halfling Monk from a carnival freak show who can't stand the sight of blood

bigoted Half-orc Barbarian from an underground city who is afriad the rest of the party will kill them if they try to leave

gloomy Human Fighter from a small town tavern who is a recovering cannibal

short-tempered Tiefling Bard from the best library in the city who secretly became an adventurer to impress a love interest

agreeable Dwarf Barbarian from a village without a tavern who doesn't understand the concept of politeness

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar the First cleared the initial area, and for the first time I've played this game, I picked up the Diamond and the +1 ring of protection next door.

Added the 2 Z'ed agents to the party.

I told the old hasbeen to bugger off at the crossroads. Stupid pointed hatted busybody. I could USE a good mage!

The 3rd assassin went down pretty quick, with the help of 2 guards.

For some reason, one of the mods seems to have deleted the Ring of Wizardry. Leaving me with this reaction:

Khalid is a fighter/mage...which makes him a bit more interesting to use now. After dealing with the local hobgoblins I decided I needed some more help as I didn't like the idea of being the party tank, and went and picked up Ajantis and dumped the two Z'ed agents. See you in Aum!

Current Party Make-up:
CHARNAME Cleric/Ranger
Ajantis the Paladin
Jaheria the Fighter/Druid
Imoen the Thief
Khalid the Fighter/Mage

I'd like to get one or both of the archers in BG, as I've never used them before (Kivan I guess), and I think I'll unfreeze Branwen in Nashkell and one of the NPC thieves to replace Imoen - maybe Safana.

Getting to:
CHARNAME cleric/ranger
Archer Kivan
Cleric Branwen
Thief Safana

I'm tossing up who to get as the mage and another fighter or 2nd mage. Yeslick? I already have 2 clerics. Kargin maybe. Minsc and Dynaheir?

I've never taken Xan, is he any good? Depressing as he is.

I've found a beta version of the NPC banter mod for BG1, I hope it won't break anything.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 8, 2015

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar the First continued his wanderings of the Sword Coast. Arriving in Beregost he saved a man who had been turned into a slime who just wanted a bigger...love life with his girlfriend.

Silke wasn't a problem, struck down before she could get off a lighting bolt. The assassin in the tavern next door wasn't much of a problem either.

A bar fight started in the best Inn in town (I ALWAYS stuff that up on the first time I try it, but this IRONMAN Baldur's gate). I knocked him out (and almost died in the process) but then the rest of the party killed him when they walked in the door. Rest in peace Marl. You win the Darwin award. It's a pity you don't get XP from just knocking him out.

I am continuity reminded that not having being a thief is very annoying until Imoen can get some levels.

Neera showed up out of nowhere and had to be rescued. Personally I like her character and writing. Kagin got sent back to his shop.

Going out of town to the nearby Temple showed another addition I haven't seen before - I delivered a mail message from a person in Candlekeep and got asked to return a book. Nothing special or amazing or another way into Candlekeep - just a book.

While clearing out the wild dogs (poor puppies) I used most of my spells on the CHILL Hobgoblins...and forgot that Vampire Wolves can't be hurt by normal weapons. The only one I have is a +1 Buck-and-a-Quater-Quarterstaff, but I forgot Neera had it until Ajantis and Khalid were both already dead. The battle ended with one vampire wolf needing only 1 hit to kill me, and I needed critical's to hit it. Using every potion I had and about 10 minutes of real time combat it went down.

I don't have enough money to resurrect anyone, but Imoen went up two levels after 2 battle's, so there's that. I should probably go and get an archer to replace Khalid and Branwen to replace Jaheria.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I staggered back to Berghost with only 4 people in the party. Rested up (and had to rest again when I remembered that our mage now had the RING OF SUPERSUIT after I found it because I looked at the wrong place) and travelled next door to High Hedge.

I added Kivan to the party for the first time I've ever had him, and discovered he's trained in Halbards. Huh. With only 2 points in Longbow he's not nearly as impressive as I thought he was supposed to be. Together we took down some Dog headed humanoids and my first encounter with Skeletons, one of who ran away to the power of my god.

I entered the keep and immediately a Golem went red and the rest of the party couldn't get past the bottleneck. I took one hit that knocked me down from full to 1/4 HP and a quick retreat was needed. Then I got stuck next to Kivan and then this happened:

I don't recall this ever happened before BG:EE - did they always do that or is it a mod that does it?

Thus ends the story of Comstar the First killed by a instant aggro Flesh Golem at High Hedge estate.

As I was annoyed by not starting with a thief that has a high enough lock picking to open everything, I think I'll try a Half-orc cleric/thief. Evil will always triumph because good was dumb?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Introducing Comstar the Second the Half-Orc Chaotic Evil and Ugly as hell Cleric/Thief. Core Rules.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar the Second starts her career stealing everything not nailed down in the Candlekeep Inn. This immediatly brings on an armed guard that some mod must have added into:

He tells me I've been a bad girl. Maybe the low charisma isn't being counted?

Surprise sex?

He wants me to undress?

Guess he didn't like what he saw.

While checking out the bookcase in the kitchen and finding some good scrolls I was SURE no one could see me. I was wrong.

Well the last guard ran away when I threatened him, this will surly work again!

Thus ends Comstar the Second quest and her life ends here. Killed by Candlekeep guards for the crime of stealing 2 magic scrolls from a kitchen. I spent more time rerolling the character stats than playing her!

Being an overmuscled freak made me too reckless. Time for a Mage/Thief.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Good roll, and this one only took 10 minutes.

Comstar the Third the elven Chaotic Good Mage/Thief. Lets hope she lasts longer than Comstar the second. Core rules.

Did Candlekeep (no gibbing this time) and buried Gorian with Imoaen's help.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 10, 2015

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Killed by wolves on the first map: Baldur's Gate Ironman 2015 part II!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar the third, Elven Mage/Thief

Dead to the wolf 100 feet south east of Gorian's body.

Think I'll try a Human swashbuckler and never live long enough to duel class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar goes Forth

Doing Candlekeep, and leaving and joining the gruesome twosome on the road, we go kill every wolf on the map. WTF, those are *Dread* wolves!!? No wonder Comstar the third didn't survive.

I then find out that if you don't have a cleric in the party, it takes 3 DAYS to heal one hit on a level 1 character. It took 5 days to heal after 2 battles!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 16, 2015

• Locked thread