Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Here's Dio, the fake drow solo CE assassin. Currently in BG.

Haven't taken a lot of screenshots but here's some hilights so far:

Right after mines. Owned bitches (One Gift Lost is such a stupid item).

I almost died here because I forgot the chest was trapped. Oops. Managed to quaff a potion of absorption as the bolt made its way back. Poor Ender Sai never stood a chance.

Finally boots of speed. Thanks again, One Gift Lost.

Davaernon decided to melee me for some reason. That didn't really work out for him.

Almost died here. Marek decided to never fail casting despite being poisoned so I got hit by two bolts of lightning and I failed my Horror save.

Well that's it for tonight. No idea how I will handle the palace fight later, so my run will probably end there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Forgot to take screenshots at the start of this session, but I beat the guys at the top of the iron throne and then hosed off to Candlekeep.

Iron Throne leaders down like chumps.

These weirdos as well. Arrow of Detonation + Poison Weapon is so fun.

Then I got sidetracked on the countryside for some classic basilisk hunting and other stuff to get the final level before the XP cap. Also picked up the charisma and constitution tomes.

Then it was back to Baldur's Gate. I meant to lure Slythe to some traps but then this happened

Aaaand the duchal palace. I'm scared so I gotta stop here.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

You're going down, Gorion! Honestly, I wanted to see if I could do like I did to Firebead and catch him with some lucky Spell Failure.

Sadly Gorion cheats so you can't spell-fail him. :(

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Ahhhh I managed to beat the duchal palace fight without dying (or the dukes dying). That's a first time for me when soloing.

Ran around quaffing invis and stabbing.

So on to the maze...

e: Dio ready to brave the maze to the Undercity

netcat fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 9, 2015

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Dio finally enters the Undercity for the final confrontation...

Quickly dealt with the Iron Throne mercenaries thanks to the old poison weapon + arrow of detonation combo:

Resting up before entering the temple.

Sneaking up to Sarevok. Luckily his dialog triggers even if he can't see you and then Semaj will teleport away so you can deal with him alone.

That didn't really work out for him.

Then it's time for the man himself. Two backstabs brings him down to Near Death...

... and uh, a third finishes him of. Kinda anticlimatic.

Final stats and inventory:

Honors/dishonors so far I guess:
Ironling, purist, conan, battlemaster, god among men (?), afraid of pain (lowered difficulty for hp rolls ;))

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Congrats to Mountaineer and netcat on their ironling wins! Good luck in Amn!

And farewell, Nick Fissure. Theater sure is a cut-throat form of the arts.

I actually already screwed up in bg2 so I'm just going to pretend that I only meant to play 1 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I we're doing summaries,

Dio the assassin beat Sarevok and got killed by mephits in Irenicus dungeon because I got stuck trying to attack the portals with a dagger. RIP (I didn't technically die but I rage-reloaded so yeah)

e: "victory" post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692451&userid=135590#post440003374

• Locked thread