Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
In the last thread, I did a BG2+ToB with a solo wizard slayer and Demogorgon ended my run. This time I want to try my first trilogy run, hereby I present Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/Thief multiclass.

I complete Candlekeep and go straight to the Friendly Arms Inn, picking Xzar and Monty along the way.

Tarnesh goes down in seconds, then I beeline to Beregost and pick Kagain.

On my way to Nashkel, two worgs appeared and obliterated half my party. drat. When I arrived at Nashkel, I went first of all to the inn to get some rest.

I forgot about that bitch, luckily Xzar tanked her while I turned her into a pincushion. Resurrected Kagain, sorry Monty, we barely knew you.

I trigger the Dorn encounter to recruit him, dumped Monty's mangled corpse in the middle of nowhere and returned to Nashkel. Also, I got ambushed by a pack of wild dogs and had to run to the zone to save my life.

After that, I made a short trip to High Hedge and Peldvale, recruited Viconia and dumped Xzar and Imoen for good.
FInally, I have assembled my Party of Doom but, what do you do with a party full of lvl 1 characters?

Bassilisk hunting! The true gentleman game. Those pesky buggers made my party level up between 3 and 4. Now I can start doing quest safely.

Highlights:
-Survived the first levels, screw you assassins!
-Assembled my final party.
-Got free levels and some loot.
-Edwin saved my bacon when I accidentally triggered Neera's encounter in Beregosh by bossing the lower ranked Red Wizards.

Things to do:
-Kill Dynaheir to stop Edwin's whining.
-Find the lost caravans to stop Kagain's whining.
-Watch out for low rep before doing more evil things.
-Kill more poo poo before going to the Nashkel mines.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Update for Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/thief

FIrst thing to do is complete Kagain and Edwin's quest, cleared the Gnoll Stronghold without much problems and killing Dynaheir was incredibly satisfactory I may add.
After that, I do some quests and proceed to Nashkel mines.

Mulahey goes down like a chump.

Near Nashkel lies the next step of Dorn's quest, and the sheer amount of skeletons she summons surprised me quite a bit.

While clearing Peldvale and Larswood I encounter this fool.

Honestly, I didn't know he was a recruitable character. I wasn't planning to recruit another character but whatever, I want my own alliterating drow sorcerer.

Cleared the bandit camp.

And cruised through Cloakwood until the entrance of the mines, killed the bounty hunters there and Baeloth's pulls his weight fireballing with extreme prejudice while confused Edwin tries to punch some horses.

Thought of the day: Evil characters are OP as heck.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Update for Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/thief

Cleared the Cloakwood mines. Headed to Baldur's Gate, and found Dorn's final quest:

What the heck?

Great, now who's gonna carry all my loot? On the bright side, this quest produces some great gear.
When I finally arrive at Baldur's Gate, I suddely remember why I hate this city, it just takes forever to travel from one point to another. After raising Dorn I do some quests, and I decide to go down the sewers.

Holy crap, commandos!

Seriously, I have a full party of lvl 6-7 characters with good gear and nearly lost two characters to stinking kobolds? loving cramped places and my greedy attitude to not use consumable will be the end of this party.

:stonk:

gently caress this game, forever. I don't even know how this happened.

R.I.P Iron Backscratcher, the evil Fighter/thief, killed by the Low Lantern's pair of psychos

• Locked thread