Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jorgo the Punisher the Wizard Slayer

So here we go! Born Hero, Purist, a loving Wizard Slayer. Probably won't be rezzing anyone either, but we'll see.

I landed a pretty good roll anyway. So he's a nigh illiterate meathead who can hit things very hard. Works for me.

Some fetch questing, and the game's biggest threat gets a flail to the head. I sense good things.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think in BG2 you catch a bolt of lightning if you fake pledging allegiance to Cyric at the docks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jorgo the Punisher the Wizard Slayer returns to FIrebead Elvenhair. Something then dawns on him, however.

That motherfucker is a WIZARD, and he must be SLAIN!

He did get me with an Acid Arrow in there, but I was able to mitigate that with the potion I received somewhere in the fetch quests.

Those tutors look like Wizards too! SLAIN!

So then I head outside, and...uh, something unexpected happens. The choir decides they've had enough of the murders there's no way they could have seen.

Wah! There's only one thing Jorgo can do!

You're going down, Gorion! Honestly, I wanted to see if I could do like I did to Firebead and catch him with some lucky Spell Failure.

Yeah, no.

RIP Jorgo the Punisher. You almost pulled off something awesome.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So let's just try this again. Behold, Winston Smiter the III, mighty Priest of Talos

So he isn't much of a charmer, but he should be able to smite things pretty well.

I began with some of the fetchquests, which I usually go on autopilot for. This time I noticed I was beating rats unconscious instead of killing them with my mace. Er...

Oh, this run will just go *swimmingly*.

Anyway, after buying a new mace, I get out of Candlekeep without Gorion killing me. Didn't screencap it, but surprisingly my Charisma sucked so much that *Xzar and Monty* refused to join me after I mentioned I was going to the Friendly Arm. Whelp.

I'm not sure why everyone makes a fuss about Tarnesh. All you have to do is kite him over to the guards before he catches up and speaks to you.Then they'll happily murder him. And he'll probably murder a few of them first, giving you some free armor drops.

As so. Now I'll just trigger his dialogue and run away.

...well gently caress me sideways. Hopefully the guards will deck him before I stumble back into him, or wander into goblins or something.

...nope, straight back to Tarnesh and a Magic Missile. RIP Winston Smiter the III. gently caress you, Tarnesh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Who is this charming gentleman? Why it's Blinston Blighter the Blurd, mighty Priest of Talos! His stats are a little crummier, but hopefully he's a little wiser.

Thanks, you're doing the talking for us, Imoen.

A wolf draws near! Command?

And holy fucksticks, that wolf nearly got us. Or Imoen anyway. Blinston has learned to use his friends as decoys. Speaking of, Xzar and Monty do join up with Imoen to put the charm on.

Alright, round 2, Tarnesh. Blinston is going to be overly cautious and Sanctuary himself while Imoen draws him out.

In hindsight I should have sent Xzar since I need him less than Imoen, but eh, she saved. Tarnesh manages to aggro two guards and it still takes forever for them to drop him, but they drop him.

You said it, Imoen. To the Friendly Arm!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The further adventures of Blinston Blighter the Blurd the Priest of Talos

Tee hee, Blinston Blighter the Blurd.

A bit of running around to get whatsherface's ring from the hobgoblins. With the lightning deaths in this thread, the rain admittedly made me paranoid. So Blinston will pledge allegiance to Talos by SMITING one heretic a day (here, the lucky hobgoblin). I predict that this will hold the wrath of Talos at bay or it won't.

To Beregost, where I forget which inn the assassin is hanging around in. I bump into Marl instead, who takes umbrage to my just wanting to leave and ends up getting gibbed. Dumb Marl.

Ah Firebead, my old friend. You're fortunate that Blinston is a slightly different kind of psycho than Jorgo was. Carry on.

Then I wander into a house and...oh CRAP

I have no method to cure poison. The only thing that remotely saves my rear end is that the unlucky few of my group and the spiders form a log jam at the door. I'm able to get Blinston, Imoen and Jaheira out. Sorry other dudes, I think you're hosed. Especially you, Xzar.

SMITE! Monty dies. Xzar gets hit, somehow props himself alive with his pair of Drain spells. Khalid gets poisoned, gets propped up by Jaheira healing.

Xzar props himself some more, and amazingly the only casualty of that clusterfuck was Monty. Well, no big loss. Let's...let's just hold off here though.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Blinston Blighter the Blurd, Priest of Talos

So Monty is dead, but eh, Kagain is right there, so Monty's corpse is left on the floor of his shop.

And then his quest is completed literally the second I enter the previous area. Well, okay Kagain.

Also Xzar is a stinky bad wizard, so I grab Neera instead. SMITE!

And then time to get killed by Silke...or, y'know, I could kill those guys and take all their gems. Which I promptly do, and Silke pays me anyway. Hooray.

I do lose the opportunity to recruit Garrick. Truly, I weep.

Karlat the Assassin is waiting for me in the inn, but makes the mistake of following me out the door and walking into a Command spell. Command is kind of broken at low levels.

Christ, shut up Jaheira. I need my beauty sleep to recharge my smiting.

Then it's south, where I bump into the Ogrillon brothers. SMI...crap. I'll have to remember to clear people out of the way of my Smiting.

Well, then it's to the south, where *oh for gently caress's sake!*

Ruuuuuuuun! I do make it out of there, although I almost lose Kagain too to some randomass hobgoblin archer nearby. Then it's up to the Temple to rez Imoen (she's probably the only one I will make an effort to rez, since I'm not going without a thief and Safana is a pain in the rear end to recruit from here), and back down to Nashkel, which is happily an uneventful trip.

Casualties: Montaron (Spider poisoning), Xzar (being useless), Garrick (being too uppity to join me)

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 12, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Blinston Blighter the Blurd, Priest of Talos

So Nashkel. Yet again I lead an assassin out the door and into a mob of guards. After Tarnesh I take no chances.

And it's a good thing too as she got a mass Hold off, but was safely mobbed by then. Rasaad meanwhile snarks about fighting in the streets and then plays Kung Fu Jehovah's Witness. How about no.

I make a sortie into the mines to get whatsherface's ring before Joseph's corpse despawns. Nabbed that, but then Jaheira walks into a pair of traps that Imoen didn't sniff out. Might have been a bad idea to come here with everyone at level 1-2. Mulahey is gonna eat me alive.

I do escape back to town, but we're going to have to go somewhere else first. Maybe the gnoll fortress?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Further Blundering of Blinston Blighter the Blurd

So it turns out the good old "Kill Khalid to keep Jaheira" trick also works in reverse. Booting him while Jaheira is dead won't inspire him to carry off her corpse. I revive her once he goes away, then pick up Edwin and head off towards the Gnoll Fortress.

Of which I apparently forget how to get there, as I stumble into killing a Dryad (I'm evil!) and then bumping into Friendly the Gnoll. Well, kind of agree with you there buddy. We'll get there eventually.

Not being able to go west like he said, I go north (it's been so long since I played this that I've forgotten a lot of things) and end up stumbling to the Xvart camp. Nothing big, but there are a lot of them.

Annnnnnnnd I forgot about Ursa the Bear too. Whoops.

He rapidly gets distracted eating Xvarts, I run away, make some distance with Jaheira's Entangle, kill the Xvarts, run back up and Command Ursa to die. Then it's all the way back to Nashkel to try this again. I'd forgotten to buy backup weapons anyway, which would have been super annoying if something broke during the Fort run.

Casualties Thus Far: Montaron (Spider poison), Xzar (being terrible), Garrett (being too uppity to join me), Khalid (Not being as useful as his wife's corpse)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, just to summarize mine, Jorgo the Punisher (Wizard Slayer) was killed by Gorion. Winston Smiter the III (Priest of Talos) ran into a Horror/Magic Missile from Tarnesh. Blinston Blighter the Blurd (Priest of Talos) is heading to the Gnoll Fortress, if he can ever find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Blinston Blighter the Blurd finally makes it to the Gnoll Fortress. There he is quickly accosted by a couple of greedy Ogres. No issues when he can SMI

Yeah, for the second time Imoen somehow catches a Smiting to the face and dies. I do beat the ogres, but it's back to Nashkel again since I'm not doing without my thief and I'm not marching all the way north to get another. Sigh.

• Locked thread