Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Iron Archer the Archer. Lets see how far he survives.

Orrfieldmedic fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Iron Archer survived to the friendly arm inn, and did most of the quests in Beregost that gave pretty good rewards.

The only thing to note in that area....

RIP Melicamp

Other then that, made it to Nashkel just fine.

And will be doing the mines next.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Iron Archer managed to hit level 2 before going into the mines, must be a good sign.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Iron Archer the Archer made it trough the mines and fou-

...Why are you talking while on fire Mulahey? Why do you think that talking while on fire is a good idea?

Anyway, fought Mulahey and it went over far better then the fight with Greywolf.

Made it back out of the mines

Forgot to take a pic of the assassin fight back at town, oh well. Decided to go westwards to pick up some items.

Killed Val and dude for some nice gloves.

Fought some dudes on a big and opps put my frontline to sleep.

Got the dex gloves.

Then went for the tome in the area.

Went east and...

Why did you think the best time to be telling us this is while being attacked by wild dogs? Why?
Anyway, had to go back and get our buddy rezed since I ran into the dude he stole the dagger from first... afterwards.

found a group of assassins that were going to ambush me if I went out the hidden mine exit.

Neera died right before killing one of them with magic missile...oh well, loot.
Back in Nashkal at the moment, will be doing stuff for funds to buy nice equipment and cool arrows for the party.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Other then my username not having any spaces, that's accurate enough for me. Anyway, update time.

Iron Archer the archer went to high hedge to buy some scrolls for Neera, and some nice and lovely ammo for himself, and back in town...

So I now have a monetary incentive to hunt bandits, and know where they are. But first, better get some more equipment for my group. So I went north.

...Into ankheg country. And Neera decided she wanted to be really useful against the first ankheg we found.

After that, ran back to town to heal, and discovered I didn't have enough gold to buy the armor. Welp, time to run around picking up magic items I forgot about to help pay it of-

Ajantis no what are you doing? Stop leveling off someone picking locks. Ajantis no stop being a horrible paladin.... anyway, running around in the wilderness looking for easy to get cash and items and...

I discovered that the xarts have stealth bear technology. Seriously, bear appeared in the middle of the group.

And after that, and some selling, got enough gold for the armor. So it's time to head back to Ankheg Country.

Went a lot better, no deaths

visited farmer to let him know son is dead and gave him 100 gold that was just burning a hole in my pocket. Trying to leave however...

Welp guess one more ankheg won't kill me.

drat it, stop throwing ankhegs at me.

Anyway...

armor has been commissioned, and I rested up and identified all the magic items I still hadn't gotten around to iding, and selling off what I didn’t need. After some more buying and item shuffling...

Ajantis is ready to tank some bandits. Just need to figure out what to do while waiting for the armor to finish.

...Maybe I'll just get started clearing out Larswood and Peldvale.

Orrfieldmedic fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 7, 2015

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Iron Archer the archer got himself and his whole party ripped to shreds at the bandit camp. Because I tried a cute plan that killed 4 members of my party, didn't realise items despawn after some time if it isn't in a container so almost all my nice equipment went poof... and decided why yes, I could totally take on the 4 camp leaders with just me, Neera, and an entaglement spell.

Note to self, play better next time.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
Whelp, time for the most dangerous ironman attempt I have done.

Team Wildmages Ready to go, lets see how long they last.

Because I am sure that they will all die to shield being wildsurged into a fireball. Anyway, made it to Friendly Arm inn, only thing to note is Mort got killed by a falling cow.

Wish I actually got that screenshotted while it was happening. And Wild Wildmage got turned into a girl.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Ilyich posted:

I want this to win so badly. It could be amazing.

Well... I would love that as well but...

Well, first off fought the Neera encounter, turning the red wizard green with a wildsurge.

Melee Wildmage tanking Silke by taking a lighting bolt to the face and living

Marl, what do you have against wildmages.

Went looking for Melicamp and getting a 5000 gold bounty when...

That was great.

Ran away like a coward until it despawned.

And the last fight of the night.

I answered the questions right, but some of the guys didn't despawn, including a skeleton off screen.

Load-bering Wildmage died, ending that run.

Team wildmage died to Bassilus.

Honestly, it was fun... infact, I'm going to try a wildmage party again.

Just need to figure out a better starting spell layout.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Kaebora posted:

And drat, it's a pity about that Wild Mage party. Hopefully run #2 will be better.

Run #2 went great.

I have no idea how to feel about dying to Mort. And I have no idea why the hell the protagonist was in melee.

...I think I'm just going to wait for them to actually hit chapter two before posting about the exploits of the Wildmages.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

FairGame posted:

jesus christ you've gotta be insane playing a wild mage.

What does that say about me?

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
So, I said no update until I get this party of wildmages to Naskel... Well, this is group five.

They managed to survrive 2 demon summonings

And all the basklisks. Which was great because group 3 and 4 died in Basklisk country because of stupid mistakes on my part.

Made it here and...

I forgot to screencap, but they dies to greywolf because one of their spells turned into a fireball.

Going to give something safer a try, maybe go back to six wildmages if it doesn't work out since that was quite a bit of fun once I got the ball rolling.

But for now, figure out what to try to play next. Maybe Blackguard...

So yea, Team Wildmage the 5th died to themselves.

And a small part of me was hoping the run would have ended due to protection from petrify turning into a flesh to stone due to wildsurge. But no, fireball.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Good effort Orrfieldmedic. Thanks for giving the wildest of party lineups so many shots. And for documenting the experience for our amusement.

What are your plans for a safer run (or has the sextuplet of surging spellcasters burnt you out?

Well, I decided to go with blackguard. So meet Iron Blackguard the blackguard.

Did Edwin's quest, and went and killed Murley.

Killed the amazons, then went into the tomb with the three ghasts...

Whelp, there goes Iron Blackguard died to ghasts.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Update: An Egg Salad Sandwich is taking his ease at the FAI

I hope that Egg Salad Sandwich completes the ironrun.

Anyway, meet The Iron Skald The skald. Took the screenshot after buying some stuff from the inn.

He's already worth 200 gold.

And you can probably guess what almost happened here.

Anyway, ran around the wilderness getting to a certain encounter in the area before the gnoll fortress. An encounter with a gentlegnoll named Ingot. A gnoll, that thanks to this being Enhanced Edition, has true power.

Just imagine if that was a crit.

Mort needed a crit to hit that damage...

Ingot died, and I got his stuff. And now, his power is all mine.

Look at the might of that halberd. +2 thac0, + 6 damage. Just imagine how deadly that would be in the hands of a halberd fighter.

...Oh wait it sets attack to 1.

Perfect for a character that doesn't get more then 1 attack. Now if anything gets close to The Iron Skald, it's going to get wrecked.

Got Rasaad, went into the inn. Didn't realize the sun monk's first skill was an AoE and well...

And guys, how did you get out of the inn while being entangled?
How?

Anyway, went to the mines, killed Greywolf, and am now about to enter them to murder all the kobolds.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Koskinator posted:

All right, I've got a notepad file with updated listings through to this post.

The current count is 23 active adventurers, 4 Sarevok killers and 35 names on the Hall of Heroes register, not including the countless others mentioned in passing.

I'll get the thread up tomorrow or the day after depending on work. Open to ideas for new thread titles.

“The first thread died to wolves. Baldur's Gate Ironman 2015”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012
The Iron Skald got to Cloakwood , I forgot just how early into the second area of it the first web trap was.

Died to spiders.

Apparently forgot to screenshot death even though I thought I did.

Going to start the next run once the new thread goes up.

• Locked thread