Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
The really big problem I've found with Xan is not the no evocation magic, it's that with his low con he gets -1 hp per level and with a d4 that means he gets a lot of 1 hp levels which makes him super super squishy.

Edit: He does have some awesome dialogue with Eldoth, including one for if Eldoth dies.

psudonym55 fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Just started a Roleplaying, Insane difficulty, Born hero, Iron party run in enhanced edition with Jesty, the female, tn Jester, also running an extra pair of rules that if I recruit a character into my party I can't remove them unless I die and that when a character dies I have to recruit the closest character to me at the time who will not break the roleplaying rule.

It's already going "so" well.
Recruited Ajantis with no problem and then went to the FAI, killed the wizard with no issue and got Jaheira and Khalid and traveled to Beregost with no issue. So I was feeling pretty good that things were going so well and that of course is when everything went wrong.

I forgot all about Neera being in Beregost and accidentally triggered her recruitment event and that went fine and I added her to my party. This turns out to be a rather bad idea.

Ajantis then gets murdered by spiders in Beregost.

So I went to recruit Garrick. Garrick being the nearest non-evil character available.

The battle with Silke started well. I managed to get an early hit in on her and disrupt here spell. Then I had Neera cast magic missile, which she then of course wild surged and cast colour spray instead, catching the 3 thespians who turn up and making them hostile. Silke then lightning bolts Khalid killing him and injuring Jaheria causing here to run away due to morale failure. Then she killed Neera who by that point frankly deserved it, just before I was finally able to finish her off.

Then because I had turned the thespians hostile and had to kill them Garrick refused to join my party.
On the plus side Jaheria did level up and that's pretty much as far as I've gotten.

psudonym55 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 8, 2015

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Wow Insane is a lot rougher on low level parties than I remember. At the rate I'm going at I'm not going to have enough characters to see me to the end of the game even with the ones added with enhanced edition.

Jaheria was stabbed to death by a random Xvart.

The have also almost killed Minsc like 4 times already. One hit from them leaves him with like 1 hp. All it's going to take is a crit and he'll be chunky salsa.

Kivan was murdered trying to save a tree.

I haven't even got to the mines yet and I've had 5 people die. Apart from Branwin and Rassad who is going to die I don't even know what non evil party members I have left that I have access too. It's certainly making things interesting.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Honestly the only thing I can remember about the Firewine Bridge dungeon is being really really annoyed with it due to bad pathfinding and narrow corridors.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
Well it looks like I'm onto the evil party members.
Rasaad was murdered seconds after I recruited him. He got held and beaten to death by Neira who I then only managed to beat by shooting to death after she got caught in her own entangle spell.

Then I went and recruited Branwen before heading into the mines. Where she promptly got murdered by a Kobold.

Then soon after everybody but Jesty was murdered by kobolds and all there equipment including the ring of wizardry was lost.

So now it's time to go recruit all the evil party members and hope I have far more luck with them than I have had so far. At this rate I'll be doing a solo run of the latter part of the game. If i survive that long.

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
O joy I've run into the big problem with Thieves in BG1 the game has auto leveled Monty

Look at that thief skill point distribution and weep, time to walk into every trap in the game.

The game also gave him axe proficiency and some throwing axes which really isn't helpful either.
On the other hand he has the most hp of anybody i've had in my party to date so maybe he'll survive a little longer than the rest.

Xzar is however either seriously bugged or rolled gently caress all for hit points as he is level 4 and has 8.

psudonym55 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 9, 2015

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
I'm not trying to say there's anything wrong with your character but don't druids in second edition take on the physical stats of what they change into making super high physical stats kinda pointless?

Also isn't there not much point having a con higher than 16, non fighter type classes not getting any extra bonus hit points for a con higher than 16?

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014

Mountaineer posted:

Yeah, Xzar and Montaron you either take at level 1 or not at all since their auto levels are terrible. You may be better off taking Shar-Teel and dual-classing her.

Well judging by the way things are going I'm sure one of them will die and then I'll get her in. That con of hers though and her changed EE proficiency's *shudder* .

I had completely forgotten about the claw and the regeneration, I can see them both as quite valid reasons especially the claw.

Hmmm seems strange to me to play a shapeshifter then for a solo run. Probably that mysterious fun thing I keep hearing about.

psudonym55 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psudonym55
Nov 23, 2014
I believe that in the enhanced edition in the character sounds section of the sound options you can change how often they happen. I don't know about any other version.

• Locked thread