Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap the avenger, born hero, reporting in. Running EE edition with no mods, hard difficulty.

Look at those stats!

E: fixed broken link.

Umbra fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has cleared the Nashkel Mines.

The journey from candlekeep to Beregost was without incident. However, I decided to try my luck against tarnesh.
Montaron made the ultimate sacrifice for the team, which was just as well as I was about to dump him and Xzar anyways.

I picked up Khalid and Jaheira. The spiders in Beregost set a trend for most fights so far: entangle everything!

After more miscellaneous adventures I pick up my first level. Not a bad hp roll.

My lack of an arcane spellcaster started to irritate me, so I picked up Minsc and headed to the gnoll fortress to pick up Dynaheir.

A successful clear, and I have a full party for now. I might change up the roster as I don't have a proper cleric yet.

Neira handled without much trouble.

Mulahey was a little troublesome. Minsc's sword broke midfight, and Jaheira was hit with rigid thinking despite Mulahey being damaged twice during its casting.
Somehow, nobody dies.

Cap hits level 3, and does me proud by getting his first minimum hp roll. Go get 'em!

Cap as of current. Next time I'll see if I can tackle Nimbul.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap the avenger has survived to level 4.

I start this session off by engaging Nimbul. My preparations with the shield amulet turns out to be unnecessary, as the guard patrol happens to be wandering by.
I'm a little disappointed to lose out on the xp, but a kill is a kill.

This run has been rather lucky with regards to bandit ambushes: this is the first, and I'm able to escape without losing anyone.

I go a mop up a few minor encounters. Belt ogre is a little easier when he can't move.

I assist Neera, and send her on her way. Then I decide to help melicamp for a quick infusion of xp. Can I succeed where others have failed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

No, I cannot.

I take down Silke. A potion of absorption really takes away a lot of the danger.

After that I wander for a while. Khalid takes the time to tell me of how Gorion was a founding member of the sword coast bear patrol. I'm sure I'm making him proud.

I take out a few of the easier encounters. I see I have a stack of +1 arrows from various sources and decide it's time to take out the vampiric wolves in the temple area.

This nets me another FANTASTIC level.

Cap's current stats. I'm hoping i can break 40 hp by the level cap! Assuming I don't die first, I suppose.

Next time: back to the main plot.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has cleared the bandit camp.

Before heading to the camp, the party makes a brief stop at ulcaster.

It's amazing how nonthreatening things are when caught in a web!

Clearing the ruins and turning in the book nets me enough xp to gain another level. Thankfully, Cap is able to roll higher than a 1.

Tranzig gives the party no trouble. I don't really remember him giving anyone trouble in the ironman threads, however.

Another resounding victory for the sword coast bear patrol.

I take the time to eliminate the bandit groups in the zones prior to the camp. Got to collect those scalps!

The camp goes rather smoothly due to having just picked up call lightning for the tougher targets.

After finishing with the camp I decide to go after various assassin groups and bounties that I haven't finished.

Everything is great until I get ambushed by 2 ankhegs. Still, no problem! I stun one, and the other has time for only one shot before it dies. How bad could it be?

After we return from the temple after solving Jaheira's acid related mishap the party gets back to work. (Not pictured: bringing captain Brage to the temple.)

This is enough to get Cap to 6, and he gets his best hp roll since character creation. Things don't look so dire now.

Cap as of current.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has cleared the cloakwood mines.

Before returning to the main plot, the party makes a few stops along the way.

The sirines and flesh golems are handled easily enough. Nobody gets charmed, even.

Khalid takes one for the team so that we can help out shoal. Sorry Khalid, that helmet is too valuable!

Then I start cloakwood. These druids are an easy source of xp. I also switch out Khalid and Jaheira and pick up Coran.

I get ambushed on the way to the spider area of the cloakwood. Never run left on these ambushes, there is a web trap there!

It takes a while to carefully check the woods for web traps, but I'm able to avoid setting any off. The spider area is cleared and nobody dies.

It's enough to hit level 7. It is a mediocre hp roll, but I'll take it over some of the others I've gotten.

Ambushed again. I don't even try to fight this one out. The party runs for the edge and makes it.

No matter the location, the sword coast bear patrol remains vigilant!

I try my luck against the wyverns. I get a little worried when they ignore my web spell despite several "wyvern - held" messages showing up. Luckily, they are not immune to horror.

I take down the mercenaries outside the mine. I'd like point out just how good the spell Call Woodland Beings is. Having mass cure and domination on a level 4 summon is nuts.

Minsc hits level 6 and gets his third roll of 3 hp in a row. I bring it up because he only has 2 more hp than Dynaheir at this point in the game.

I pick up Yeslick. Hareishan and her room of bandits end up on the wrong side of a wand of fire.

Davaeorn is down. Had a close call when he cast lightning bolt. Cap drank a potion of absorption in time while Yeslick lost all but 1 of his hp.
After the fight I dual imoen into mage. I'm sure Coran can manage the thief duties.

Cap as of current.

Umbra fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Cap has survived the iron throne battle and the return to candlekeep.

After clearing the mines, I decided it was time to finish the more difficult optional encounters in the wilderness.

The basilisks, Karhk, the thay mages in spiderwoods all are wrapped up.

I finally get a max hp roll from a level. That should help!

I also do basically every quest in the city. I really want to hit my next level before fighting the party in the iron throne, so I also clear the upper floors of durlags tower.
Sadly, it's not enough xp. I'll return for the lower levels before I take down Sarevok.

I buff the hell out of the party. Magic blocking, regeneration, invulnerability potions, you name it. I'm able to defeat them without anyone dying.

Candlekeep is cleared without incident. Prat's group falls to a well placed chaos. Tam ends up killing 2 of the other members of his group in the confusion. That guy hits hard.

I've collected every tome! My stats are... still kind of bad. Next time the party takes a vacation in Ulgoth's beard.

• Locked thread