Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Then I failed to capture the best moment of them all, despite hitting the screenshot key like a madman. I went to the Mines and found Prism and Greywolf. I took Greywolf down easily enough, but he left me wounded. And I fought him during a rainstorm. Anyone who has worn metal armor in a rainstorm in these games knows what comes next.
I have never seen this happen before. Do you have to play the game on harder rules settings or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Nah, the game sometimes just zaps a party member with lightning in the rain. It's a thing. I lost characters to it a lot more in BG2, though.
Huh, I have never seen it happen since I got the game in '98.

ed: well I gave this a solo shot and died in one hit to a wolf outside Candlekeep, after brutally murdering Imoen and just north of those two douchebags who I always rob. :v:
ed2: we barely knew ye :911:

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 8, 2015

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Took another stab and made a halfling Kensai named Tiny. He inexplicably felt the need to murder the poo poo out of two wolves outside of Candlekeep, then meandered down to Beregost for a bit. After poking around a little for items he then wandered back up to the Friendly Arm Inn and with some luck caved Tarnesh's head in and then proceeded to sell the ugly rear end ring he found in the dirt outside the inn. With his new pile of gold he headed back down to Beregost and was killed by a forgettable dwarf bounty hunter in one of the seedier inns.

He made it about 30 mins, a decent bit more than Not Frodo though. Man I suck at this game. :shobon:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Dootman posted:

I usually cheese the chessboard part with lots of skull traps and wands of fireball. Just target them at the range of your vision and you'll be able to kill them all without moving your caster off his square. Strangely, they don't aggro and just stand there letting you fry them in peace.
Another thing to do is to pass around potions of explosions/oils of fiery burning since anyone can use them, pause so you can get everyone into sync, and just launch an opening salvo. Sometimes it'll even kill the King before any others get into your field of vision.

• Locked thread