Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This is a simple game for 7 players with five town and two scum. All roles will be vanilla.

Anidav
Bifauxnen
Freudian
Milky
TBK
TOML
Tithin

Once everyone has posted, I'll be able to set up votefinder and kick off the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Mills posted:

This is a simple game for 7 players with five town and two scum. All roles will be vanilla.

Anidav
Bifauxnen
Freudian
Milky
TBK
TOML
Tithin

Once everyone has posted, I'll be able to set up votefinder and kick off the game.

First.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

No I'm first

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm the third to reply, so I think there's an Xbox joke to be made somehow.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Hi

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Morning everyone!
Is there a theme, Mills? How will the deathtext be written?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You're all roleplaying yourselves in an epic struggle for the objectivity, or lack thereof, of the D&D thread. Town players will flip as themselves. :shrug:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Morning everyone!
Is there a theme, Mills? How will the deathtext be written?

I kind of hope the theme is the seven of us sitting at a table, playing Mafia old school.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Waiting on Ken and Tithin.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav sits at his computer, bottle of Honey Whiskey in hand. He looks at the time...
11:23am... What difference does it make, he's unemployed anyway. He checks SEEK, 0 new jobs to apply for, he checks Gumtree. Indian Waitress wanted... He takes a hard long scull out of his whiskey bottle.

"Only the good stuff keeps me going" He says to himself. He opens up Something Awful, ready to complain about his woes in his already half drunken state. A personal message? "What the hell is this, another fake job offer?" He almost vomits after his blurted out statement. A personal message, from Mills...

"Anidav, it's time. Organised Crime is back."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

He checks SEEK, 0 new jobs to apply for, he checks Gumtree. Indian Waitress wanted... He takes a hard long scull out of his whiskey bottle.

I can lend you some saris

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I am second last, which is pretty good imo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Saris are super comfortable.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is Mills gonna get his hopes and dreams crushed by inactivity?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tithin must actually be getting some work done. This sounds like good, dependable townie behavior - oh wait, doesn't he work for a bank? Back to the drawing board.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I was planning to set deadline for tomorrow night anyway so hopefully he will show up shortly and we can start. If he is still absent by morning then I will replace him, but I will also be worried for him!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

##vote tithin

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

scoopdedoopdaday gently caress you I'm Anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sorry - been at work all day and Awful app doesn't announce PMs.

I'm in

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Game has started.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

tithin (1): thatbastardken

Not Voting (6): Anidav, Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, Milky Moor, Those On My Left, tithin

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 07th, 2015 at 9:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

let's see if auspol will continue the fine tradition of no-lynch day 1

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

That really shouldn't happen in this game. There is no advantage to waiting as we have no powers so there is no data on its way.

+ties noose+

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

does tithin usually die first?

you are all my posting friends and i don't want anyone to leave :smith:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

That really shouldn't happen in this game. There is no advantage to waiting as we have no powers so there is no data on its way.

+ties noose+

I hadn't thought of that.

Milky Moor posted:

same

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Freudian Slip posted:

+ties noose+

This is correct - I'm usually an advocate for day 1 no lynch, but with such a very small pool of players, we're going to essentially top ourself if we no lynch at all

Milky Moor posted:

does tithin usually die first?

No, that's Beet :v:

Milky Moor posted:

:frogbon:

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

##vote Milky Moor

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

There's your problem solved Milky!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

This is correct - I'm usually an advocate for day 1 no lynch, but with such a very small pool of players, we're going to essentially top ourself if we no lynch at all

Agreed.

But what the hell can you go by on day 1? Just pick someone at random and hope you pick a scum, and then hope on top of that the other scum freak out about it enough that they give you a hint at who the other scum are? Cause the odds are still more likely for hitting town, in which case they'll be all cool with it and clues will still be sparse. If we don't at least try and argue for somebody, though, there will be literally nothing new to go on the next day either.

##vote thatbastardken then, for trying to play off my good-natured joke! I've seen Tithin targeted early in a few games now, this might not be as innocent as it seems.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Agreed.

But what the hell can you go by on day 1? Just pick someone at random and hope you pick a scum, and then hope on top of that the other scum freak out about it enough that they give you a hint at who the other scum are? Cause the odds are still more likely for hitting town, in which case they'll be all cool with it and clues will still be sparse. If we don't at least try and argue for somebody, though, there will be literally nothing new to go on the next day either.

##vote thatbastardken then, for trying to play off my good-natured joke! I've seen Tithin targeted early in a few games now, this might not be as innocent as it seems.

are you kidding me? I thought that when TBK voted it wasn't even going to register as a real vote because the game hadn't been started. I'm sure TBK thought the same thing.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah that was my assumption. not going to change my vote at this stage though, no reason not to.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

yeah that was my assumption. not going to change my vote at this stage though, no reason not to.

... right

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

seriously, what have I got to lose by voting for tithin?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

are you kidding me? I thought that when TBK voted it wasn't even going to register as a real vote because the game hadn't been started. I'm sure TBK thought the same thing.

I was wondering that as well, thought it might be easier to judge after he reacted.

But don't worry, you convinced me to back off. :buddy:

##vote Those On My Left

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tbh, I saw it as a joke vote, and I didn't expect that it'd carry through as a real vote but if he wants to keep it there, he's welcome to.

We've got a day to talk it out.

For the record, I'm VT tho :haw:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I was wondering that as well, thought it might be easier to judge after he reacted.

But don't worry, you convinced me to back off. :buddy:

##vote Those On My Left

Thank christ we have two days :P

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

ugh two days? but I want to make an uninformed decision nooooowwwww

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

i'm not voting toml first day because he didn't get a real mafia game last time

• Locked thread