Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://nypost.com/2015/01/05/son-allegedly-killed-hedge-funder-dad-after-200-cut-to-his-allowance/

quote:

The bratty 30-year-old son of a millionaire Manhattan hedge-fund founder was charged Monday with murdering his dad after the old man cut his allowance — by a measly $200, law-enforcement sources said.

Thomas Gilbert Jr. faces multiple charges including murder and criminal possession of a weapon after he allegedly fired a single shot at his father’s head Sunday night.

The son, who just found out he was getting a $200 cut in his monthly allowance, asked his mother to go get him a sandwich so she’d be out of the family’s tony Beekman Place apartment just before he pulled the trigger and executed his dad, sources told The Post.

“He was cutting his allowance. He had been giving him $2,400 a month for rent and $600 for spending money, and he was cutting that to $400 a month for spending money,” a source said about Thomas Gilbert Sr., founder of the Wainscott Capital hedge fund.

“They had argued about it before.”

Gilbert Jr. shot his father about 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the family’s posh pad at 20 Beekman Place with a high-powered .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistol that he owned, police said.

Sources said they found the box the gun came in after Gilbert Jr. surrendered at his apartment at 350 W. 18th St. about 11 p.m. Sunday. Police also found two magazine clips and loose rounds scattered around his Chelsea pad.

It is still unclear whether he bought the gun legally.

Gilbert arrived at the apartment carrying the gun and, once inside, asked his mother to leave.

“He asked her to get [him] a sandwich so she wouldn’t be there,” the source said.

Gilbert Jr. fled after the shooting and was nabbed hours later at his apartment.

Cops were alerted to the killing when the victim’s wife, Shelly, returned and discovered his body and called 911.

“My husband’s been shot by my son!” she said.

He gave himself up at his apartment about 11 p.m. Sunday after cops pinged his cellphone and tracked him down.

He at first refused to come out when they banged on the door, but eventually surrendered.

The handsome Gilbert Jr. — a graduate of the Buckley School on the Upper East Side, Deerfield Academy in western Massachusetts and Princeton — was a fixture on Manhattan’s black-tie society circuit and was often photographed with a beautiful woman on his arm.

gently caress you, dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
one the one hand, kill the rich, on the other hand

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
$2,400 for rent???

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
ahh i see he used the patented magazine clip: the clip that holds your magazines

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
He only had 400$ for spending money? In this economy?!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That guy sounds like a dick!!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

quote:

high-powered .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistol

...that he owned

Jesus christ that reads like a 10 year old wrote it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

$2,400 for rent???

I think the more important question here is: what useless degree did this useless kid's dad send him to school for

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

look if youre getting a blank check each month for thousands of dollars for nothing - dont kill the source of that blank check. some financial advice

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

good

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How often do you have to mow the yard and wash the dishes to get a $3000 allowance?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
wouldn't.
not handsome, just well-groomed. flat face, from forehead to chin, like a chinaman

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol this "kid" was 30

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
*shoots dad with beautiful women by my side like an epic james bond movie*

don't gently caress with me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

EugeneJ posted:

I think the more important question here is: what useless degree did this useless kid's dad send him to school for

"business" of course

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

quote:

high-powered .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistol

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
Hey beautiful woman, I'm 30 years old and my income is all pocket money

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Wanna meet that Dad.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hey! I own a Glock .40. No idea if that exact model was used, but I like to think that a gun which ventilated a rich, Manhattan rear end in a top hat and landed his shithead son in Rikers for the rest of his life was the same type as I have in my closet at home.

Pick posted:

$2,400 for rent???

That's maybe a one bedroom in Manhattan. Maybe.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i have a SW m&p .40, not some loser glock

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im 25 is there any way i could get a hedge fund founder to adopt me and give me allowance

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but he has "affluenza"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You didn't hear my side of the story op

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

John Denver Hoxha posted:

ahh i see he used the patented magazine clip: the clip that holds your magazines

Haha yeah it drives me nuts when I read about murders and they name a gun part wrong! Enjoy your reddit gold op

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hey! I own a Glock .40. No idea if that exact model was used, but I like to think that a gun which ventilated a rich, Manhattan rear end in a top hat and landed his shithead son in Rikers for the rest of his life was the same type as I have in my closet at home.

So you're saying there's two things in your apartment that are in the closet

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zeroisanumber posted:

hahaha rich people in rikers

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Zeroisanumber posted:

That's maybe a one bedroom in Manhattan. Maybe.

Is yours a high power semiautomatic that you own?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

could only afford the low-powered glock. bullets sort of dribble out of the shooty end.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I didn't realize "Spoiled Bastard" was a true story, I thought it was just a comic.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ramsus posted:

i have a SW m&p .40, not some loser glock

Colt or go home.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
this guy is craazy, in a bad way (imo)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I get paid slightly more than that to look at the Internet and show up to work 50% of the time.

Think I'll print this poo poo out and demand a raise.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

put the 1% in a giant woodchipper imo

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well he won't have to worry about rent or food costs anymore

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
also i like how the loving law enforcement dont know if he bought the gun legally or not

like how the gently caress are there not records for that... oh right :911:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pick posted:

$2,400 for rent???

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad deal for a swanky upscale Manhattan rich-people apartment. I would've thought a place like that would cost at least $3000/month.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xaris posted:

also i like how the loving law enforcement dont know if he bought the gun legally or not

It's a semi-automatic handgun that can hold more than 8 rounds. According to NY SAFE, it's illegal no matter how he got it.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

like how the gently caress are there not records for that... oh right :911:

clearly it was illegally, otherwise how would he shoot his daddy with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
cut my allowance into pieces, i'm filing a police report

• Locked thread