Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Hesh Ballantine posted:

what do you call one murdered hedge fund manager?

a good loving start

I believe the majority of hedge funds under perform the S&P in the long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I don't think he should be allowed to inherit his dad's money now that he killed him.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

sexy young infidel posted:

eh that doesn't matter much anymore, if you know somebody you get the strings pulled. Didn't obama go to harvard or something? And look how that turned out

Anymore? The entire point of places like Princeton is for the children of rich folk to get a leg up. They only let in some non-rich smart kids to maintain thr reputation of the school

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

kannonfodder posted:

And neither of them were a minority. The legal system won't know what to do!

judges will revive the ancient practice of augury until they find out that both legal teams will be paid, after which they will roll a dice

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 6, 2015

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Do they have twitter in prison?

no social media in prison is the real police brutality

#icanttweet

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Don't the majority of hedge funds under perform the S&P in the long term?

Yes

The ones that do tend to get indicted for insider trading or scams

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

His posh area of residence was far out of proportion to his measily living expenses budget.

He should have relocated to a reasonably priced area, and he could have had $2000 spending money a month.

naem
May 29, 2011

There were people like this guy living off rich parents in school while I worked part time and my bootstraps gave me a better apt and more spending money and it drove them nuts it was fun

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You don't become a billionaire like steve cohen by making 15% returns a year.. Maybe a lot of hedge funds fail but the ones that don't go HUGE. Are you guys thinking of mutual funds?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
One rich guy dead. One step closer.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a posting ghost posted:

You don't become a billionaire like steve cohen by making 15% returns a year.. Maybe a lot of hedge funds fail but the ones that don't go HUGE. Are you guys thinking of mutual funds?

Stevr Cohen was actually implicated in insider trading just a few years ago

His company pled guilty

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Stevr Cohen was actually indicted by the SEC a few years ago

In the finance world if the SEC or FINRA isn't after you for some thing or another, you're doing something wrong.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Actually this article says im mostly wrong. See im a shitposter with integrity

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2012/09/19/americas-richest-hedge-fund-managers/

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

There were people like this guy living off rich parents in school while I worked part time and my bootstraps gave me a better apt and more spending money and it drove them nuts it was fun

but who had more sex, hm??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a posting ghost posted:

In the finance world if the SEC or FINRA isn't after you for some thing or another, you're doing something wrong.

I remember because it was like 1.8 billion for the settlement

Apparently the FBI is still going bfor him personally too.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Cops were able to ping his cellphone to track him down

At his apartment

Nice detective work to find him there

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

dude looks like chad kroeger from Nickelfag imo

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

I remember because it was like 1.8 billion for the settlement

Apparently the FBI is still going bfor him personally too.

Dudes hosed, i didnt know it was that high. I have a high school acquaintance that just quit Bridgewater because they are insane and that is only tolerable when they are making money and bonuses are high.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

donkey salami posted:

Cops were able to ping his cellphone to track him down

At his apartment

Nice detective work to find him there

lol

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
God drat rich oval office. I kill rich cunts!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I mean you get a management fee plus performance bonus it's a good gig, especially since there's like zero realb regulation and you can take silly risks or just straight hifde poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The rich kid used a browning hipower

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 6, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Lol. The hedge fund managed only $5 million in assets. That's insignificant on Wall Street. That's smaller than most small town banks.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
$3k/month aint poo poo for living in Manhattan. Douchebag dad should've bought him a Ferrari dealership up in White Plains.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

it's weird the guy wasn't a cop and the father wasn't black, amirite

"loving whites, whites....he a white...white people....kill white....whites everyone? white" - goon 2014 (maybe into 2015???)

naem
May 29, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

but who had more sex, hm??

Lived with a gf, so me- and I didn't have to put hardly any effort in behind paying rent and willingness to cuddle and visit parents for x-mas. V good deal would recommend

naem
May 29, 2011

Honestly there were 30 year olds who'd never had to budget or take care of themselves before living in nyc it was super entertaining.

Sometimes two semi-rich twits would date and the girl would dump the guy, and he'd be just astounded like "I, don't understand, pleasure me like my servant women" and she'd be like "I'm just as semi-rich as you dude go away"

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's bad to kill your dad over two hundred dollars.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
im the sandwich

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Honestly there were 30 year olds who'd never had to budget or take care of themselves before living in nyc it was super entertaining.

Sometimes two semi-rich twits would date and the girl would dump the guy, and he'd be just astounded like "I, don't understand, pleasure me like my servant women" and she'd be like "I'm just as semi-rich as you dude go away"

that does sound p sweet

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I assume he had a do-nothing job to supplement his income. Right? Isn't that the entire point of nepotism among the rich?

What else he going to do all day, sit around in his 500 sq ft "apartment"?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bhodi posted:

I assume he had a do-nothing job to supplement his income. Right? Isn't that the entire point of nepotism among the rich?

What else he going to do all day, sit around in his 500 sq ft "apartment"?

And play some Vvidya games i bet he has a sick 2014 Macintosh

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

new york is knocking it out of the park, i tell you. first, cop death, second, cops go on de facto strike because of cop death and prove their uselessness, now the riches are eating themselves. new york is a wonderland.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

you know whats weird? right after i typed that and submitted it i thought "huh moped is both a form of conveyance as well as a feeling, i wonder if anyone will comment on it". and then you did. thats my story

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Frostwerks posted:

you know whats weird? right after i typed that and submitted it i thought "huh moped is both a form of conveyance as well as a feeling, i wonder if anyone will comment on it". and then you did. thats my story

now im moped about your posting! idiot!

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Five dollars sez: five years probation

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

spay and neuter your rich cunts

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fyodor posted:

could only afford the low-powered glock. bullets sort of dribble out of the shooty end.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

"loving whites, whites....he a white...white people....kill white....whites everyone? white" - goon 2014 (maybe into 2015???)

This will continue to be a thing, have a great evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Neukoln19 posted:

Five dollars sez: five years probation

Lol maybe if he was black. 90 days house arrest at best.

• Locked thread