Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Dibs on Scarlet. He's more hilarious on rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A moment's cursory reading reveals this is the same director as Daily Lives. That explains a lot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Rodyle posted:

A moment's cursory reading reveals this is the same director as Daily Lives. That explains a lot.

Yeah, I need to edit that into the OP. What's his name?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's also the Gintama director (and I believe one of the Gintama writers is doing the writing here).

Definitely feels like another one of those shows that crew is doing in-between Gintama seasons. I mean that as a compliment.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Senerio posted:

Yeah, I need to edit that into the OP. What's his name?
Shinji Takamatsu

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Thanks. Edited it into the OP.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Srice posted:

It's also the Gintama director (and I believe one of the Gintama writers is doing the writing here).

Definitely feels like another one of those shows that crew is doing in-between Gintama seasons. I mean that as a compliment.

Oh dear you've sold this to me now I have got to watch it

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

(and I believe one of the Gintama writers is doing the writing here).

Series Composition is by Michiko Yokote, which is a pen name for a group of women who've done everything from Princess Tutu to Patlabor. They're real vets, and seem to have started doing more and more original stuff like this and last season's SHIRO BAKO.

Both the director and writer are perfect for this show, basically.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
It's going to be real interesting to see how this show justifies its existence past the first episode. It's really rushed through a lot of the established tropes for magical girl shows already.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Series Composition is by Michiko Yokote, which is a pen name for a group of women who've done everything from Princess Tutu to Patlabor. They're real vets, and seem to have started doing more and more original stuff like this and last season's SHIRO BAKO.

Both the director and writer are perfect for this show, basically.

Interesting, I didn't know it was a pen name for a group! That does go a long way towards explaining why they do a nice job with comedy, always great to have more people to bounce jokes off of.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amstrad posted:

It's going to be real interesting to see how this show justifies its existence past the first episode. It's really rushed through a lot of the established tropes for magical girl shows already.

They'll do it by being more than just a bunch of tropes over and over, obviously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Found the official US site for this, and included the English page for Wombat and made pages for the Chevaliers and Zundar. Just in time for episode 2!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The first half was pretty funny despite being nothing but guys sitting in a room talking.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I loved the scene where Cerulean didn't want to go, and everyone was okay with it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I enjoyed most of this episode, but the villian-of-the-week conquest didn't make as much sense as the chikuwabu one!

Also Zundar climbing into the cup was pretty cute.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
'Kay, the opening rules. The boys rule. The bishie student council bent on world domination rules. Their hedgehog boss what crawls in a teacup rules. Mr. Wombat rules. The fact that Mr. Wombat killed the gently caress out of the homeroom teacher and really is dragging around his corpse like a puppet rules.

This show rules. I will watch more.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

I enjoyed most of this episode, but the villian-of-the-week conquest didn't make as much sense as the chikuwabu one!

Also Zundar climbing into the cup was pretty cute.

I guess cheap wooden throwaway chopsticks tend to break asymmetrically instead of splitting evenly often enough for some people to despise them.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Talkc posted:

I will fight you.

No need, I changed my mind after the older brother showed up.

I put this in my CR queue after watching ep. 2 and I'm officially on board til the end. The puppet corpse teacher had a lot to do with it. Also the villain leader transformation sequence was too funny.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

No need, I changed my mind after the older brother showed up.

Literally all we've seen him do is chop wood.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

...and? He was still pretty great.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yeah, but he looked good doing it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

The Devil Tesla posted:

We also found out he's an idiot who thinks boiling disposable chopsticks is viable food.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm going to assume silver hair pretty boy has a history with green based off of what was going on in the ED

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neeksy posted:

We also found out he's an idiot who thinks boiling disposable chopsticks is viable food.

I hope "dumb things the older brother thinks" is a regular gag. I'd also like to see different extended transformation sequences so they all eventually have one, hope it's not just the team captains that get one.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

I'd also like to see different extended transformation sequences so they all eventually have one, hope it's not just the team captains that get one.

According to the preview next episode is focused on Cerulean, so if there is one we'll see it then.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

pandaK posted:

i'm going to assume silver hair pretty boy has a history with green based off of what was going on in the ED

Were they the ones holding hands in the OP?

Also pulling up the boots on the Chevalier transformation was hilarious.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
This show is so dumb. This show is so good.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Easily the gayest thing this season in a season that has a show called Lesbian Bear Storm.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Easily the gayest thing this season in a season that has a show called Lesbian Bear Storm.

I fail to see how this isn't the gayest thing in the history of anime. There wasn't a single thing not gay about this episode.

VV No, there's no lip touching, but it doesn't make it any less gay.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 20, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I get home and watch this anime and there aren't boys kissing everywhere I'm going to be angry at all of you.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

If I get home and watch this anime and there aren't boys kissing everywhere I'm going to be angry at all of you.

:agreed:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

:agreed:x2

i've watched some gay anime in my time so it better make good on the promise of gay

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watched 10 minutes and there were multiple dicks being flashed

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, the villains' evil plan was to wipe out humanity by making all boys gay which was beaten by a heart-to-heart talk about self-respect so if you think about it, the episode wasn't actually gay at all.

And we never learned who won the beauty contest, what the gently caress.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Now now, we know who the target demographic is for the disk sales in this show so dont expect the boys to actually kiss.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel like there might be a homosexual subtext to this

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sure didn't expect Over the Top to ever show up in an anime.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

I didn't get the Over the Top reference, but I did get this one

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So they took the pile of gay sex plan right out of South Park, right? This poo poo's hilarious, i'm glad the pink haired guy won votes by destroying school property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Still swooning over Naruko's godly endowment.

I mean, dang, son, how do you even walk straight?

• Locked thread