Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
The Polish version is loving amazing, the taunts and swears are replaced with all kinds of ill-fitting stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm somewhat surprised more games don't do what the European Diablo 3 does and just download the language files you care about based on your console's settings.

There are also games which leverage the language options as sort-of region locking (I'm pretty sure buying Diablo 3 UEE in Russia will only give you that Russian/Polish download, for example).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Spalec posted:

More games should do this, saves you from having to download all the different languages unnecessarily which will chew up your bandwidth.
It's a huge pain in the arse if you dare to have your language settings different from your country's language. I play games in English and more than once now I've had to deal with games that defaulted to French in the absence of an English version on disc.

Free language DLC like Fable 2 had would be pretty nice to have as an industry standard but knowing the industry they'd have you pay €2.99 for it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's a huge pain in the arse if you dare to have your language settings different from your country's language. I play games in English and more than once now I've had to deal with games that defaulted to French in the absence of an English version on disc.

Free language DLC like Fable 2 had would be pretty nice to have as an industry standard but knowing the industry they'd have you pay €2.99 for it.

I have no idea how these sorts of things work, but could that be due to licensing fees? Like, releasing the Polish language version in the US means that now you have to pay those actors additional fees due to the increased markets or something? Or do video game voice actors tend to just work for flat rates?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

I have no idea how these sorts of things work, but could that be due to licensing fees? Like, releasing the Polish language version in the US means that now you have to pay those actors additional fees due to the increased markets or something? Or do video game voice actors tend to just work for flat rates?

I think there used to be issues in the past, and it's believed this is why there are some PS1 games available digitally in Japan which aren't available digitally in English. Also, I think some territories tend to enforce it in various ways, IIRC there are a few games you can get in Japanese on Steam, but only if you actually live in Japan and they are super-expensive and never go on sale (and may even only be available as a physical product, the digital purchase not having Japanese as an option). I think lately things tend to be more flat rates, though. Voice acting contracts and really stupid red tape with it is why they've dubbed Disney's Snow White in French three separate times (and is far from the only Disney movie that's been dubbed multiple times in the same language). Generally, NA versions of games have English, French and Spanish, with European releases adding German, Italian, and whatever else they can be bothered to do (and they sometimes have their own versions of the French and Spanish, too).

And lastly, you can end up in weird situations with the region-specific publishing house not being otherwise associated with the main product; the Japanese versions of Activision games like Call of Duty and Diablo 3 are made and put out by Square Enix, so it wouldn't make sense for someone who bought the game directly from Activision in the West to have access to SE's product.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Anyone else get emails for a free movie from Sony? You get to choose one of five: Anchorman 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Transformers Age of Extinction, World War Z. You can only watch it on PS4 (which I don't have yet).

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

BlindNinja posted:

Anyone else get emails for a free movie from Sony? You get to choose one of five: Anchorman 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Transformers Age of Extinction, World War Z. You can only watch it on PS4 (which I don't have yet).

My friend got it the day after the xmas outage, he thought it was some kind of compensation but clearly not. Does it say why?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

BlindNinja posted:

Yes! Just got it today

Pews posted:

My friend got it the day after the xmas outage, he thought it was some kind of compensation but clearly not. Does it say why?

Pick Your Present: Happy New Year From PlayStation Store. Then some blurb just saying 'we're offering 1 of 5 movies' then 'happy holidays from the playstation store.'

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Playstation Store email posted:

Pick Your Present: Happy New Year From PlayStation Store

We are offering a selection of five movies and are giving you the opportunity to pick which one you would like to start your collection.

All you have to do is simply pick the movie you want to receive from the titles below and click to redeem your voucher.

Choose your complimentary movie now!

Just because I guess.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I hope I get an email. I never get any promotions. :(

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Wow, all those movies suck except for tmnt, which is meh. Sony is so charitable.

Well, they are far more so than Microsoft.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Party Meiser posted:

Wow, all those movies suck except for tmnt, which is meh. Sony is so charitable.

How dare they give away free stuff, those bastards!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Plus regardless of my opinion/popular goon opinion those are pretty huge movies that I'm sure are still selling quite a bit digitally and in retail. It's a nice gesture.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Party Meiser posted:

They let folks pick from 5 very popular movies. Who gives a poo poo if you don't like them?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

barren_sky posted:

They let folks pick from 5 very popular movies. Who gives a poo poo if you don't like them?

Yep. Free is free. None were my taste, so I let my grandma pick one out. She was happy, which made me happy. She also picked the best of the bunch IMO.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
What did she pick?

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Party Meiser posted:

I assumed that movie blew chunks. Went with the decent Star Trek.

I am offended by their email.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

What did she pick?

World War Z.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

barren_sky posted:

On no, I stated my opinion on the internet. Shame on me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Party Meiser posted:

It's still possible for an opinion to be dumb.

You made snarky comments because they didn't give away a movie you specifically wanted despite them giving away five movies from different genres, most of which were pretty well received. More likely than not most people who got the free movie could find at least one they're relatively happy with. Going "So charitable Sony, giving away those lovely movies" is pretty dumb.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Party Meiser posted:

you're really stupid

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Party Meiser posted:

You're opinion, like everyone else's and my own, is still poo poo.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's still possible for an opinion to be dumb.

You made snarky comments because they didn't give away a movie you specifically wanted despite them giving away five movies from different genres, most of which were pretty well received. More likely than not most people who got the free movie could find at least one they're relatively happy with. Going "So charitable Sony, giving away those lovely movies" is pretty dumb.

I didn't want any movie. At least I'm not overreacting and being a dick.

Awesome! posted:

you're really stupid

I never thought of myself any other way.

I do look forward to getting that coupon at least. I take it there's still no word on when Sony may send those out?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
Heyyyyy what's going on in the Playstation thread oh boy some cocksucker's bitching about free movies and doing a poor job deflecting criticism about his lovely attitude; that sounds like a fun game when's that coming out.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Watrick posted:

World War Z.

I liked that movie way more than I thought I would. Shame Sony has to give away movies because the PS4 has no games :smuggo:

Does MGS V have a release date yet? I'm guessing fall, but summer would be nice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Static Rook posted:

I liked that movie way more than I thought I would. Shame Sony has to give away movies because the PS4 has no games :smuggo:

Does MGS V have a release date yet? I'm guessing fall, but summer would be nice.

last rumor was March. And supposedly according to kojima's twitter they're going through the QA stuff now

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they're pretty bad movies, i'd rather watch a good movie like the trailer to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

last rumor was March. And supposedly according to kojima's twitter they're going through the QA stuff now

I'd love this to be true but is there any event between now and march for them to say "HEY IT'S IN MARCH!"? I'd think they'd be hyping it way more if it were coming out in March. On the other hand, wasn't the psone announced the day it came out, or something?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It seems unlikely that game will be out that soon

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Davincie posted:

they're pretty bad movies, i'd rather watch a good movie like the trailer to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

redreader posted:

On the other hand, wasn't the psone announced the day it came out, or something?

I think you're thinking of the Sega Saturn.

That didn't work out to well for them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

It seems unlikely that game will be out that soon

There is basically zero chance it'll be out in March, a release date would have been announced long ago if that were the case for something of that magnitude. We've had a Bloodborne release date since TGS in September (which got pushed back a month since then).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

There is basically zero chance it'll be out in March, a release date would have been announced long ago if that were the case for something of that magnitude. We've had a Bloodborne release date since TGS in September (which got pushed back a month since then).

yeah it's 100% not happening, but that was the last rumor.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

matrix ripoff posted:

Heyyyyy what's going on in the Playstation thread oh boy some cocksucker's bitching about free movies and doing a poor job deflecting criticism about his lovely attitude; that sounds like a fun game when's that coming out.

Grand Theft Auto V's been out for A While, man :v:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I think you're thinking of the Sega Saturn.

That didn't work out to well for them.

Hm, maybe it was the price that was announced the day it came out. And part of the 'and the price is x' announcement was also 'it's out today!'. Was that the ps 1 or something else? There was some console that when it was released, had a surprise low price and killed the competition immediately.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redreader posted:

Hm, maybe it was the price that was announced the day it came out. And part of the 'and the price is x' announcement was also 'it's out today!'. Was that the ps 1 or something else? There was some console that when it was released, had a surprise low price and killed the competition immediately.

There absolutely wasn't. You're thinking of the Saturn as people mentioned and did the opposite of what you're saying.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

And then this was Sony's E3 keynote immediately after that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaAYIKsDBI

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Saturn thing double screwed Sega. First the price was higher than people wanted and Sony did what they did with the PS4 and just immediately undercut the competition, leaving a huge impression. The "it's out now thing" also screwed them because that really didn't have any impact other than being a slight surprise and the system still didn't have any games because most of those were still being made on a timeline assuming the original release day. It was just a bad move on all levels. The fact that it's not even close to the worst decision a game company has made really shows how bad this industry can be.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Static Rook posted:

I'm a horror nut, and I'm so sick of zombies. I thought they tried to make it interesting, which I give them credit for. The last zombie flick I enjoyed was Fido.

Speaking of horror, I'm loving stoked for Silent Hills. I love the first 3, but I could never get the hang of the tank controls. I hope it ignites a slew of horror games that will rival mid-90's PC horror adventure. Hopefully Sierra makes a mint of Geometry Wars and makes a new Phantasmagoria (not going to happen, but I can dream).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Japanese store update for the past week.

New game released from the past week (link to 新着 全て/New All section of webstore)

quote:

PS4 Game
Transistor ¥2,400, 2.6 GB

PS+ Exclusive Offers, both new and ongoing

quote:

New offers in bold, offers marked with ▼ will go away in this coming Wednesday’s store update.

Free with PS+ (only playable with active PS+ subscription, excluding existing free add-ons, avatars, and themes)

PS4 Games:
チャイルド オブ ライト / Child of Light 2.2 GB, available until February 3
Entwined 2 GB, available until February 3 (no cross-buy, includes ¥200 cross-discount offers for PS3 and Vita versions)

PS3 Games:
ASO II 52 MB, available until February 3
バイオハザード® リベレーションズ アンベールド エディション / Biohazard Revelation Unveiled Edition (aka Resident Evil Revelations) 11.3 GB, available until February 3
影牢 ~ダークサイド プリンセス~ / Kagero: Dark Side Princess (aka Deception IV: Blood Ties) 2.2 GB, available until February 3

PSone Archive Games:
First section, 62 PSone Archive games
Second section, 12 PSone Archive games

Vita Games:
God Eater 2 3.3 GB, available until February 3
HIDEBOH タップダンス HERO / Hideboh Tap Dance Hero 1.9 GB, available until February 3
影牢 ~ダークサイド プリンセス~ / Kagero: Dark Side Princess (aka Deception IV: Blood Ties) 671 MB, available until February 3
俺の屍を越えてゆけ2 / Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines 2.5 GB, available until February 3
ヴァルハラナイツ3 GOLD / Valhalla Knights 3 Gold 1.3 GB, available until February 3

PSP Game:
ASO II 14 MB, available until February 3 (playable on Vita)

PS3 Full Game Trial:
機動戦士ガンダム Extreme Vs. Full Boost / Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost (4-hour trial) 7.9 GB, available until March 9 (online modes not available)

PS4 Add-Ons:
The Crew: Credit Bonus Pack 2 (PS+ Exclusive)
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign: Additional Character Color "PlayStation Plus Pack", available until February 3
Warframe: PlayStation Plus Starter Pack (PS+ Exclusive)

PS3 Add-Ons:
Disgaea 3:
- システム配信:学級界コマンドアタック / System Delivery: Class Boundary Command Attack, available until February 3
- システム配信:アイテム界コマンドアタック / System Delivery: Item World Command Attack, available until February 3
- システム配信:サバイバルアタック / System Delivery: Survival Attack, available until February 3
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign: Additional Character Color "PlayStation Plus Pack", available until February 3
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost: 追加プレイアブルモビルスーツ「インパルスガンダム(ルナマリア搭乗)」 / Additional Playable Mobile Suits "Impulse Gundam (Lunamaria Boarding)", available until February 3

Vita Add-Ons:
Destiny of Spirits Asia: PlayStation Plus Exclusive: Destiny Orb 35 Piece Set (new set available on first Wednesday of every month)
Kaku-Sen-Sei Million Arthur: 「第二型アコロン/アイテムセット」プレゼント(1月) / "Second Type Akoron / Item Set" Gift (January), available until February 3 (PS+ Exclusive)

PS4 Theme:
PlayStation®Plusスペシャルテーマ1月分 / PlayStation Plus Special Theme January Minute, available until February 3 (PS+ Exclusive)

PS3 Theme:
PlayStation®Plusスペシャルテーマ1月分 / PlayStation Plus Special Theme January Minute, available until February 3 (PS+ Exclusive)

Vita Theme:

PS+ Exclusive Sales

PS4 Games:
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Upgrade (includes McLaren 12C, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series, RUF RT12 R) ¥5,292 ¥4,752
inFamous First Light ¥1,620 ¥162, lasts until February 3 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)

PS4 Add-On:
Warframe: Renown Pack III: Obsidian Excalibur Skin ¥999 ¥799;

Sales, both new and ongoing:

quote:

New sales in bold, sales marked with ▼ will end sometime this week.

quote:

「スクウェア・エニックス」ウインターセール中! / Square Enix Winter Sale!, lasts until January 21 (link to sales section in webstore)

PS4 Games:
MURDERED 魂の呼ぶ声 / Murdered Voice Call The Soul (aka Murdered Soul Suspect) ¥5,141 ✚¥3,599
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark Ultimate Edition ¥810
Thief ¥5,141 ✚¥3,599 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)

PS3 Games:
Divekick: Addition Edition ¥480 (includes free access to Vita version)
Hitman Absolution ¥2,000 ✚¥1,000 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)
MURDERED 魂の呼ぶ声 / Murdered Voice Call The Soul (aka Murdered Soul Suspect) ¥3,000 ✚¥1,500
クウォンタム コナンドラム / Quantum Conundrum ¥617
スリーピングドッグス 香港秘密警察 / Sleeping Dogs Hong Kong Secret Police ¥2,000 ✚¥1,000 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)
Thief ¥3,000 ✚¥1,500 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)
トライン ザ ロストレリック / Trine The Lost Relic ¥1,235
WRC4 FIAワールドラリーチャンピオンシップ / WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship ¥4,680 ✚¥3,276

Vita Games:
Divekick: Addition Edition ¥480 (includes free access to PS3 version)
The Walking Dead ¥3,009 ✚¥2,106 (CERO-Z, Japan credit card only)
WRC4 FIAワールドラリーチャンピオンシップ / WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship ¥3,667 ✚¥2,567

quote:

▼ アークシステムワークス 年末年始セール / Arc System Works New Year Sale, lasts until January 14 (link to sales section in webstore)

PS4 Games:
とってもE麻雀ぷらす / Very E-Mahjong Plus ¥900

PS3 Games:
ブラッドレイン 深紅の叛逆者 解除キー / BloodRayne: Crimson Slayer (aka BloodRayne: Betrayal) ¥600
カオスコード / Chaos Code ¥600
ダブルドラゴンネオン / Double Dragon Neon ¥750
ギルティギア イグゼクス アクセントコア プラス / Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus ¥750
XBlaze Code: Embryo ¥2,000

Vita Games:
ダマスカスギヤ 東京始戦 / Damascus Gear: Tokyo Shisen ¥900
電脳からの脱出 / escapeVektor ¥350
Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy ¥1,200
ギルティギア イグゼクス アクセントコア プラス アール / Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R ¥750
マジカルビート / Magical Beat ¥600
月英学園 -kou- / Moon English School -kou- (?) ¥2,000
オセロ / Othello ¥250
とってもE麻雀 / Very E-Mahjong ¥600
XBlaze Code: Embryo ¥2,000

PSP Games:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II ¥500
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend ¥900
BlazBlue CT Portable ¥500
探偵 神宮寺三郎 灰とダイヤモンド / Detective Jinguji Saburo: Ashes and Diamonds ¥500
ギルティギア ジャッジメント / Guilty Gear Judgment ¥500
ギルティギア イグゼクス アクセントコア プラス / Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus ¥500
オセロ / Othello ¥250
蘭島物語 レアランドストーリー 少女の約定 / Ranshima Story: Rare Land Girl's Story (?) ¥500

PS3 Add-On:
Magical Beat PS3 version: マジカルビート DLCまとめ買いセット / DLC Buying Set ¥1,200 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)

Vita Add-Ons:
Magical Beat Vita version: マジカルビート DLCまとめ買いセット / DLC Buying Set ¥1,200 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
Very E-Mahjong Plus:
- とってもE麻雀 まとめ買いセット / Buying Set ¥1,000
- とってもE麻雀 DLCまとめ買いセット / DLC Buying Set ¥500

quote:

▼ DOA5U 年末年始バーゲン!/ DOA5U New Year Bargain!, lasts until January 13 (link to sales section in webstore)

PS3 Add-Ons:
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate:
- アイドルコスチューム 全セット / Idol Costume All Set ¥1,200
- 「どきどき」サロペット 10キャラクターセット / "Pounding" Overalls 10 Character Set ¥1,200
- スクールコスチューム 全セット / School Costume All Set ¥1,000
- トロピカルセクシーコスチューム 全セット / Tropical Sexy Costume Full Set ¥1,200
- アルティメットグラビアムービー 全セット / Ultimate Gravure Movie All Set ¥1,980

quote:

▼ Capcom Winter Sale! (格闘SALE / Fighting Sale), lasts until January 13 (link to sales section in webstore)

PS3 Games:
Street Fighter X 鉄拳/ Street Fighter X Tekken ¥2,052
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition ¥772 (2 versions in store: full game version, and unlock key for demo, labelled 製品版アップグレード解除キー)
ULTRA STREET FIGHTER IV 期間限定パック / Ultra Street Fighter IV Limited Pack (full game version, Brawler Vacation Pack, 2014 Challengers Costume Pack) ¥3,435
Vampire Resurrection (aka Darkstalkers Resurrection) ¥772

PS2 Archive Games:
Capcom vs. SNK 2 Millionaire Fighter 2001 ¥412
Capcom Fighting Jam ¥412

Vita Games:
Street Fighter X 鉄拳 DL+PS3®追加キャラパック同梱版 / Street Fighter X Tekken + PS3 Additional Character Pack Bundle ¥2,263
- STREET FIGHTER X 鉄拳 DL単体版 / Street Fighter X Tekken game-only version ¥1,749

PS3 Add-Ons:
Street Fighter X Tekken:
- 追加キャラクターパック(12体) / Addition Character Pack (12 Fighters) ¥1,029
A bunch of costume packs on sale as well, most are cross-buy PS3|Vita
Super Street Fighter IV:
- 2014 チャレンジャーズコスチュームパック / 2014 Challenger's Costume Pack ¥206
- アーケードチャレンジャーズバケーションパック / Arcade Challenger's Vacation Pack ¥206
- ストIV:オールインパック / Strike IV: All-Pack ¥617
- スーパーコンプリートパック / Super Complete Pack ¥1,029
- ウルトラコンプリートパック / Ultra Complete Pack ¥1,029
- Ultra Street Fighter IV (add-on version) ¥750
- バケーションコンプリートパック / Vacation Complete Pack ¥1,234
Ultra Street Fighter IV:
- 2014 チャレンジャーズコスチュームパック / 2014 Challenger's Costume Pack ¥206
- バケーションコンプリートパック / Vacation Complete Pack ¥1,234

Vita Add-Ons:
Street Fighter X Tekken: A bunch of costume packs on sale as well, all are cross-buy PS3|Vita.

quote:

▼ インターグロー感謝祭 プライスダウンキャンペーン! / Intergrow Thanksgiving Price Down Campaign!, lasts until January 13 (link to sales section in webstore)

PS3 Games:
ガトリング ギア 製品版 / Gatling Gears ¥810
Painkiller Hell & Damnation ¥3000

PSP Games:
エルミナージュ Original ~闇の巫女と神々の指輪~ / Elminage Original: Priestess's Darkness and Gods Ring (?) ¥1,286
エルミナージュⅡ ~双生の女神と運命の大地~ / Elminage II: ??? ¥1,286
エルミナージュⅢ ~暗黒の使徒と太陽の宮殿~ / Elminage III: Apostle's Darkness and Palace of the Sun (?) ¥1,286
エルミナージュ ゴシック~ウルム・ザキールと闇の儀式~ / Elminage Gothic: Darkness Ritual of Ulm-Zakir (?) ¥1,286

Other sales: (link to セール / Sale section of webstore)

PSP Games:
エンドオブアスピレイション / End of Aspiration ¥411, lasts until January 21
ワールド・ネバーランド ~ナルル王国物語~ / World Neverland: The Nalulu Kingdom Stories ¥1,440, lasts until January 13

PS3 Add-Ons:
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd:
- スキン / Skin: BlackStar - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: BlueMoon - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: Rin & Len (Buddy) - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: Rin & Len (Green Field) - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)

Vita Add-Ons:
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd:
- スキン / Skin: BlackStar - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: BlueMoon - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: Rin & Len (Buddy) - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)
- スキン / Skin: Rin & Len (Green Field) - Free until February 1 (cross-buy PS3|Vita)

Free things released in the past week:

This will be a trial run of these updates. Hopefully, this won't get too overwhelming for me.

I'm assuming the store is updated multiple times a week, so I'll do weekly summaries until I get a better handle on how and when the store is updated.

Very few titles are in English in the Japanese store. I will use the common known title for a game, if known. Otherwise, I'll keep it in Japanese or give out whatever Google tells me. If I got a title wrong, let me know. I don't know Japanese and I won't beg for translations.

Due to some Japanese law, games rated CERO-Z (ages 18+) cannot be purchased with funds from the PSN wallet, no matter how it was funded. CERO-Z games can only be purchased with a credit card issued from Japan. I'll point out those games. Games rated CERO-D (ages 17+) and lower don't have this payment restriction.

Japanese games have no region-lock and can be purchased from and played on any system.
However, add-ons in Japanese store can only be used with Japanese versions of games. The same is true in reverse: games from the Japanese store can only use add-ons from the Japanese store.

It looks like last week was quiet for all PSN regions. Only one game, Transistor, came out.
It also was the week of new PS+ games and discounts, shown in the PS+ section above.

inFamous First Light has the CERO-Z adults only rating. That is probably the reason why it got a PS+ discount instead of being one of the free PS+ games. All inFamous games are CERO-Z probably because you can harm innocent people in them, which is a big no-no in Japanese games.

There were a ton of games with price drops in the Sales section, but I don't know when they got them so I won't list them. Anything with ※値下げのお知らせ※ (Notice of markdown) in orange text at the top of the listing description means it was a price drop.

I think I got all of the current sales as of now January 12. If any isn't listed above, let me know.

Reminder: we have an entire thread dedicated to PS imports if you have any questions about any of this.

• Locked thread