Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I need that 10% discount sony, I need to get my alchemy on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Got a few questions about DCU on the PS4. Does the dlc/currency/etc go on sale often and what is/what isn't worth it? Also, has the game changed much in the last 8 months or so? I tried it before and liked it, MMOs on consoles are nice, but I remember it being a bit janky and having a somewhat rough framerate. I've been suddenly hit with a wave of Batman/DC addiction and it sounds like something I'd like to try out again.

Really just assume I'm a brand new player trying to figure out how to get the most out of starting out.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I need that 10% discount sony, I need to get my alchemy on.

Wait, all of the Atelier games go on a sale fairly often, I've gotten all the Arland Plus ones that way - which is good, because I can't really seem to finish them and will probably buy Ayesha Plus of a sale too.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That US store sale is awesome. I was going to get Disgaea 4 but decided to hold out for the first sale of January just in case and my patience got rewarded big time. Wow!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That us a pretty excellent sale. It's also the first time I've seen P4G for below $20.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

That's definitely the price I was waiting on for a digital Disgaea 4. Might pick up NFS: Rivals for $12 since every other racing game on PS4 last year turned out to be a bust for me.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I wish we had an idea about that discount coupon. I could pick up a few things today and pre-order Grim Fandango all at once.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Well, the $10 price will finally get me to bite on Tactics Ogre. I couldn't justify $20 for it, as good as it is, but $10 is a no-brainer. Gonna get Brandish for sure, and if that 10% off code ever shows I'll consider Ayesha as well.

Szurumbur posted:

Wait, all of the Atelier games go on a sale fairly often, I've gotten all the Arland Plus ones that way - which is good, because I can't really seem to finish them and will probably buy Ayesha Plus of a sale too.

Yeah but if you don't buy it this week you don't get the swimsuits and hairclips and extra dresses for free :ohdear:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh man. Anybody mind posting some Brandish trip reports?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Static Rook posted:

Well, the $10 price will finally get me to bite on Tactics Ogre. I couldn't justify $20 for it, as good as it is, but $10 is a no-brainer. Gonna get Brandish for sure, and if that 10% off code ever shows I'll consider Ayesha as well.

Yeah but if you don't buy it this week you don't get the swimsuits and hairclips and extra dresses for free :ohdear:

Isn't that up to the four week after release? Although it's unlikely that it'll go on sale during that period anyway, that's true.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Pretty great sale. Gotta see if I want anything on here bad enough to break my wallet.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
How is FFIX on PS3? It's probably my favorite FF, and I haven't played it in at least ten years. Might be worth dusting off the PS3 for.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Lawnie posted:

How is FFIX on PS3? It's probably my favorite FF, and I haven't played it in at least ten years. Might be worth dusting off the PS3 for.

It's the one that holds up best from the PSX days. Runs fine on PS3/Vita

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well poo poo, this is my excuse to get Felghana and Trails in the Sky I guess. :toot:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Why isn't War of the Lions on sale :argh: , I'm already spending so much.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Friendly reminder that if you have both a PS3 and a PS4 and are looking to get FF14, buy it for PS3 and just do the free upgrade to PS4 since it's far cheaper.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

robodex posted:

Friendly reminder that if you have both a PS3 and a PS4 and are looking to get FF14, buy it for PS3 and just do the free upgrade to PS4 since it's far cheaper.

How does this work? I'm interested.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Takoluka posted:

How does this work? I'm interested.

you launch it on ps3, and theres a link on the logon page to upgrade to ps4

you cant play it on ps3 anymore unless you buy another ps3 license, but who cares. the ps4 version runs awesome. it's basically PC ultra mode with slightly longer load times

edit: also vita remote play is awesome with it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It looks like that lovely Fat Princess f2p match 3 game came out on mobile, it doesn't seem all great BUT if you get far enough in it you get a free copy of the PS3 version so if your willing to put in some time you can get a pretty good game that I'm not sure anyone actually plays anymore.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Szurumbur posted:

Isn't that up to the four week after release? Although it's unlikely that it'll go on sale during that period anyway, that's true.

Yeah, they usually say it's just for the first week and then leave it up for a month, but is anyone here willing to risk missing out on the free swimsuits and dresses?!

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Yeah basically. It's super painless. The downside is you have to launch it from PS3 first and activate it before you can get it for PS4, you can't just buy it on PS3 and immediately upgrade.

The good thing is AFAIK you don't have to update the game fully, just enough to log in and activate it. But you still have to download a few gigs before you can get to that point.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
For a mere $20 you can own the two greatest games ever made (Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 The Golden) on the Vita. Not bad.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How is Tactics Ogre, is it as good as Knight of Lodis?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yeah it's good. I love them both. LUCT is more deep than KOL. The only downside is you can't turn people into weapons. Which sucks, that was awesome. There's no emblems either.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Harlock posted:

Yeah it's good. I love them both. LUCT is more deep than KOL. The only downside is you can't turn people into weapons. Which sucks, that was awesome. There's no emblems either.

You actually CAN turn people into weapons, but not until the postgame. You don't get to break the game in half with an early snap. Anyway, LUCT is better in almost every way than Knight of Lodis. Absolutely buy it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Broseph Brostar posted:

LUCT is very, very good. I liked it better than Knights of Lodis, but that might just come down to personal preference. It's similar to Tactics in that there are some mechanics that you might want to choose to ignore unless you want to utterly break the game in half.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

drat, back to the lovely game sales I guess. I'll take $15 off a good game over a bad game for $5 total any day.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could someone explain to me how pay to play MMO work on a console?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is far cry 3 dlc any good or should i skip the ultimate edition and buy the regular one for like $5 next time its on sale

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Alteisen posted:

exactly the same except you play them on a console

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Alteisen posted:

Even better you play with PC players at the same time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Reverse Centaur posted:

drat, back to the lovely game sales I guess. I'll take $15 off a good game over a bad game for $5 total any day.

I'm really not sure how you look at this sale and find nothing you find any good. Is it like some forum rule that someone has to bitch about every sale?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

exactly the same except you play them on a console

So I could buy like time cards and poo poo and it would apply?

How would you chat and stuff though, wouldn't you need a keyboard or mouse?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Alteisen posted:

Consoles have text input systems, you can also usually plug in keyboards. The PS4 has a big touchpad on it that functions like a mouse.

ucmallory
Jun 23, 2005
Is Dragon's Age: Origins worth picking up? I had planned on buying Inquisition eventually, but I might tide myself over with Origins if it's worth my time and money.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Alteisen posted:

You can get a USB keyboard pretty cheap and most work with Sony's poo poo. I got a ten dollar one with huge keys meant for old people from the Dollar Store and I never looked back.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Broseph Brostar posted:

Knight of Lodis isn't anywhere in the same category as Let Us Cling Together. LUCT is so good. Everything about LUCT is fantastic. Everyone needs to own this game. :argh:

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Pay monthly just like on PC.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

It's the one that holds up best from the PSX days. Runs fine on PS3/Vita

How are the battle loading times? They got annoying last time I played it through an emulator.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

The Grimace posted:

Knight of Lodis isn't anywhere in the same category as Let Us Cling Together. LUCT is so good. Everything about LUCT is fantastic. Everyone needs to own this game. :argh:

Well, now I do! I also bought Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for some reason. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Reverse Centaur posted:

Your avatar/title combo warms my heart and brightens my day. (but yeah some of these are kind of garbage. Wasn't Tearaway like seven bucks last year?)

Also I'm guessing Chronophantasma isn't cross-buy?

• Locked thread