Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

You missed me. :mad:

Blame Blind Sally. I merely assumed he had everyone on the list already. Clearly, he is a dickhead. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Blame Blind Sally. I merely assumed he had everyone on the list already. Clearly, he is a dickhead. :colbert:

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Sally posted:

Major_JF has already claimed 101.

sorry, I didn't look close enough, how bout good ol' 169?

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Oh, we're doing one of these? I'll guess 275 then.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The game only gets harder from here! I'm guessing 182.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Okay, so here's our updated standings just as a reminder:

• Ignatius M. Meen - 1001
  • Great Joe - 750
  • Nidoking - 500
  • Trizophenie - 450
  • mrRedWhite - 420
  • AutistTree - 369
  • Tunicate - 343
  • Aumanor - 333
  • Strong Mouse - 309
  • Accursed Walrus - 300
  • Ozdhaka - 275
  • Captain Bravo - 250
  • Nyeehg - 240
  • Rigged Death Trap - 231
  • Gimbal lock - 215
  • megamariox - 202
  • chiasaur11 - 200
  • Nihilarian - 197
  • Kangra - 187
  • Schwartzcough - 182
  • Darth TNT - 180
  • anilEhilated - 175
  • OmanyteJackson - 169
  • CJacobs - 165*
  • Bootcha - 164
  • Kasrkin - 162
  • Onmi - 157
  • Delta Green - 152
  • Omobono - 150
  • liquidypoo - 147
  • Senerio - 144
  • Shei-kun - 130
  • Ghostwoods - 123
  • FeyerbrandX - 121
  • Blue Link - 120
  • ZeeToo - 112
  • Agean90 - 108
  • Shinjobi - 103
  • AradoBalanga - 102
  • Major_JF - 101
  • Eponymous - 100
  • Mraagvpeine - 99
  • Air is lava! - 97
  • Miz Kriss - 90
  • Iron Chitlin - 88
  • Waffleman_ - 81
  • Bruceski - 76
  • Fister Roboto - 69
  • GuyUpNorth - 42
  • Camel Pimp - 20
  • Mehuyael - 0

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 31, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm putting in my own vote for 165 deaths. If I win, I will buy myself an avatar :smug:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Per Douglas Adams, answer to everything in universe is 42 so let us be ridiculously optimistic for the sake of it. Though I guess I should have bet on how many videos to hit that number in future retrospect.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
I'm gonna say 202.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

It took me a solid minute to work out what that first line says, starting from my initial reading of "Le Athiest". That may be the worst font I've ever seen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Telegnostic posted:

It took me a solid minute to work out what that first line says, starting from my initial reading of "Le Athiest". That may be the worst font I've ever seen.

I'll just leave this here then...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Telegnostic posted:

Hahaha, I know, right? It's beautiful!

nine-gear crow posted:

I'll just leave this here then...

Man, you've ruined it! It's not supposed to be legible!

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Enjoying the LP so far. I'm glad White Knight Chronicles didn't kill you.

As for the contest, I'm guessing you'll be at 240 by the closing credits.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

Nyeehg posted:

Enjoying the LP so far. I'm glad White Knight Chronicles didn't kill you.

As for the contest, I'm guessing you'll be at 240 by the closing credits.

This is his palliative care before death. White Knight Chronicles does not kill quickly, it is a slow, lingering death.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
20!

You'll clean up your act from here on out :colbert:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'll guess 121 since it looks like everyone else got the good square numbers. I have more faith in you than saying 256

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Put me down for 309. I doubt he'll get that high, but if he does I look like a genius.

mrRedWhite
Feb 16, 2011
I can't believe no one voted 420 yet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm surprised no one's made the obligatory "2008" bet yet.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
100 exactly. Because sometimes you just gotta.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

343. Because I think this game released at the same time as Halo 3, right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mrRedWhite posted:

69 deaths :69snypa:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mrRedWhite posted:

It's 2015, weed is legal now if you're in a not stupid state, 420 is sooooooo 2014.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is 420 a war on drugs reference?

150 for my guess, I don't think anyone claimed that one.

Thinking about the game's difficulty, I think the massive problem with having Elika grab you instead of the dagger of time is that you get an harder game that feels easier: an unbroken string of perfect actions is far more difficult than if you're allowed some take-backs on the way (harder game) even if the single puzzle element here is easier than one in the Sands of Time trilogy. Since human beings are crap at statistics, the easier singular element make the game fel easier, but as it's actually harder the result is the worst kind of difficulty, the frustrating one.
Additionally, there's no reward for getting better at platforming. In the Sands of time trilogy getting better meant less sand expended, you notice it and you feel a badass chipmunkprince. Here, getting better means less time wasted on retries, and that does not feel better.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Omobono posted:

150 for my guess, I don't think anyone claimed that one.

Thinking about the game's difficulty, I think the massive problem with having Elika grab you instead of the dagger of time is that you get an harder game that feels easier: an unbroken string of perfect actions is far more difficult than if you're allowed some take-backs on the way (harder game) even if the single puzzle element here is easier than one in the Sands of Time trilogy. Since human beings are crap at statistics, the easier singular element make the game fel easier, but as it's actually harder the result is the worst kind of difficulty, the frustrating one.
Additionally, there's no reward for getting better at platforming. In the Sands of time trilogy getting better meant less sand expended, you notice it and you feel a badass chipmunkprince. Here, getting better means less time wasted on retries, and that does not feel better.

Despite the inability to die, It never actually felt easier to me, just more tedious. I spent what felt like ages fighting some of the bosses with nothing to break up the "action" since Elike kept saving me. Normally when you die you get booted back a bit and can try again from the top. Possibly completely rethinking your strategy as you make you way up there. I defeated one of the corrupted by getting "killed" constantly since it was the easiest way to push him into position. :shrug:
I did at least appreciate the saving for some of the "puzzles" like those stupid plates.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have to say, Nolan North works out a little better in the pre-apocalypse than the post-apocalypse. Though they've managed to blunt the edge of his snark a little.

Still can't get over the Nolan North button. Reminds me of a similar feature elsewhere...

Hey Elika! Ramp off that big-rear end stone!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

Still can't get over the Nolan North button. Reminds me of a similar feature elsewhere...

Hey Elika! Ramp off that big-rear end stone!
Ooooh, I know that one! 50 cent's swear button!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Omobono posted:

I thought it was, but it turns out that's a myth.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I thought this said "Let's Rap" and I was a little bit disappointed. (This does not put any obligation on you to rap now.)

My bid for death count: 187

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010
My best guess is 369 deaths.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
The SNES Prince of Persia gave the player 120 minutes to complete the game. Therefore, I predict that the death counter will reach 120 deaths.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
Throwing a 162 in the Hat.

i actually have the game lying aroung here somewhere, i never got to play it, but it looks kind of fun.

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 26, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Re-bidding 130 so it can be added.

I do like that someone almost immediately jumped on 101 just because it would be the most evil one to get.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I'm going with 164 deaths, rounding down the fraction because I believe in you, just not that much.

This game falls into my "Always have installed, sometimes play" list. I can see why so many people bemoan it as a not-good game, because there's no way to finesse the gameplay aside from good button-press timing, nor does the world react in any way to general fuckery. I treat it more like a favorite book I leave on the shelf to collect dust.

That said, the soundtrack is absolutely wonderful, and whenever it comes up on my random playlists I never skip it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I like 90. That seems to be a good number. I have faith in you, but just barely. (Also, someone already guessed 100 and 99, so this is my third choice.)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wow this game is pretty but looks boring as poo poo.

I vote: References are bad jokes and you will die 25 times because I like that number.

OldTimeyProspector
May 29, 2010
This game looks like I would have no patience for the constant backtracking and bullshit "kill yourself to grab them" collectibles. But drat that is a nice soundtrack and some sweet sweet art direction.

In memorium of the dearly departed Corruption counter, I'll place my stake on 222. Always bet on two-twooty-two.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Going to go with a wild stab in the unclaimed dark and say 700 deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Added to the OP list.

And for those of you wondering (namely Artix), I will be working on editing The Marshalling Grounds tonight and will hopefully have a post ready for it by Saturday morning/afternoon. PoP kind of got put on the backburner because I've more or less been recording commentary for Dead Space 3 and Killzone or editing for Killzone every other night for the past week and a half.

Though I'm happy to say that we're finally coming to the end of Killzone, and Blind Sally will be doing the editing work for Killzone 2, and Dead Space 3 is also winding down soon as well, so it'll soon be full speed ahead with Nolan North Desert Dialog Disaster 2008.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

• Locked thread