Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
every job ive had in the past 10yrs has come from either networking or craigslist. both typically involve far less bullshit without having to create a new account for every company u apply to and/or copy and paste ur beautiful pdf resume into a digital meat grinder that will turn it into an unremarkable lop of poo poo

and if ur lucky enough to get called in for an interview that isnt an outright scam take a loving xanax (or a beta blocker) or something so u can ace that poo poo...remember ur life and future is on the line, no time for gently caress ups. good luck!

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Tsinava posted:

does anyone remember that thread from a little while ago where that HR employee goon was like "if you don't specifically tailor your resumes for each and every interview then you aren't even trying and don't desrrve a job" lol

never met a single HR person who was undeserving of me wishing disease and misfortune upon. i really wouldnt if they didnt personally buy into that type of poo poo as gospel being some lower level drone but they always seem to, and typically make a joke out of some p desperate people sending poo poo their way. my current job was initially sent a completely copied and pasted cover letter with no more than five words changed that was also created months before when I was prob drunk casually watching Jail on Spike TV at 2:30am while banging out applications in a stupor.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Philthy posted:

When I was unemployed I spent Sundays and Wednesdays applying for jobs, the rest was waiting for call backs or doing interviews. All the rest of that time was watching The Wire drunk out of my mind on scotch, buying .99 games on Steam or Humble Bundle, or reading Russian lit.

It was winter, so my options were pretty limited.

u did well. smd nytimes

btw i must ask what is a good nonemployed scotch for future reference?

• Locked thread