Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Riosan posted:

Well I could be looking for work but I just bought a PS3. I think we all know what the right choice is :cmon:

Not only this, but I hear from several of these people that the only reason that I haven't found a job is that I'm not going to enough places and just dropping off resumes willy nilly. And now I hear that <10% of jobs posted online are actually filled by online applicants? gently caress :smithicide:

I used to get that bullshit about dropping off resumes in person too. You know what happened when I tried it? Everyone told me they don't take paper resumes. The only people who give that 'in person' advice are parents who still think its the 1970s.

EDIT: But my favorite line was always 'just go somewhere and tell them you'll work for free, then once you've impressed them enough they'll hire you as a full employee.' Why the gently caress would they do that if I already agreed to work for free? Also needing money to actually survive is important but imo the futility of the endeavor outweighs the pointlessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread