Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I keep losing out to "internal candidate"

gently caress you guys, if you were just going to hire someone internally why did you waste my time for 3 interviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Shithouse Dave posted:

I've got every job I've applied for since 1996,

well you certainly weren't applying for jobs where you needed any writing skills

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Secks Cauldron posted:

Sometimes they already know who they're going to hire but they still have to post a job listing and interview some people due to regulations.

they're definitely not required to have 3 interviews with the same candidate and show them around the office to meet people, though. I get the dumb regulation/policy thing.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Actually I edited and published stock market analysis for a little over a year until I realized I hated everything about finance and quit (in late 2007 lol). Sorry my forums posting isn't up to APA standards tho I guess.

that sounds terrible and you are correct for gtfo

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Bible posted:

I've never really understood how people do this. They'll say poo poo like "I've been unemployed for 6 months." How the gently caress are you eating? Where are you living? Do these people just have the greatest roommates ever? I doubt every one of them can be coming from a rich family.

It's doubly confusing when they're addicted to something like WoW. That poo poo costs money; how the hell do they pay for it?

there's this thing called living paycheck to paycheck. Some people don't do that and that causes them to save money for just such a situation see

• Locked thread