Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Godspeed You! Black Emperor is better than the Beatles in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Also have you guys ever seen George's son Dhani? It's scary how much he looks like his dad.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

memy posted:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is better than the Beatles in every way

well except for their stupid as gently caress band name that's for drat sure

thanks for sharing though

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Also Pulp is the superior British pop band for teenage girls

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

he's more of an ideas guy

lol

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

HollisBrown posted:

George Harrison will always be OK in my book for helping to popularize Indian classical music in America. Without George Harrison we would never of had Mahavishnu Orchestra.

hey don't forget about ravi shankar though. harrison got into the sitar because of him

e: mahavishnu orchestra owns

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Damo posted:

also incidentally george harrison indian stuff talk reminds me of his Concert For Bangladesh, a very cool record/show.

and that reminds me of the Concert For George, a year after he died :smith:

:rip: George

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Dr1anRP9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Rush > The Beatles.

This is..... correct.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ThePutty posted:

the beatles probably would have reunited in the 80s, but it would have been the biggest letdown of the century

like, imagine a beatles album entirely full of cheesy 80s synth and superproduction. it would have bombed so hard. just imagine the beatles reuniting at live aid 85 or something in their mid 40s playing tracks from their early 60s catalogue because everything they made in the studio after was too complex to perform live

This is the sobering moment that Beatles fans never got. The Who and the Rolling Stones are so many times less cool when you see them going on money grubbing tours well into their 70's. They play lousy and the atmosphere's lacking. Sure you can see McCartney live, and I have, or Ringo and while I enjoyed McCartney, any criticisms die-hard fans have, will fall down to "well it wasn't all the Beatles", as if they believe that having all 4 would've been the best thing ever. Seeing all bands live, while fulfilling and fun, is still not seeing them in their prime. Any songs they'd of made afterwards would've probably been well crafted cause that was their thing, but they'd probably be derivative of the times or at the best the things that made the times what they were. And then we'd all be blaming he Beatles for creating disco.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Damo posted:

well except for their stupid as gently caress band name that's for drat sure

thanks for sharing though

as opposed to the Beatles? lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wish Paul McCartney would die and quit suckering baby boomers out of $150 tickets.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

vyst posted:

I wish Paul McCartney would die and quit suckering baby boomers out of $150 tickets.

I'm torn, on one hand suckering baby boomers out of money is god's work. On the other hand, gently caress Paul McCartney.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yes, as compared to The Beatles you got it right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

shoo metal fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

vyst posted:

Its kind of hard to wish for the death of a dead man. James Paul McCartney died in 1966, and if you do take the time and do a little research there is no way any rational person can deny this fact!

• Locked thread