Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
Also, what retirement homes do GBS recommend? lol old people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Bridge is nice because you have a person designated to gather drinks while you play.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Occasionally I try to read the Bridge column in the newspaper, poo poo might as well be ancient Greek.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i lost 20 large on a game of bridge and owe the elderly mafia big time

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i lost 20 large on a game of bridge and owe the elderly mafia big time

They're gonna gently caress you up good, soon as they can find someone who drives at night!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah but unless you're a super card counter whiz you'll probably more enjoyment out of 500 or even just a simple round of Euchre.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I always liked hearts but only my computer will play with me

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

cmndstab posted:

Yeah but unless you're a super card counter whiz you'll probably more enjoyment out of 500 or even just a simple round of Euchre.

You basically only need to count trumps and high cards which is pretty drat simple.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I've had multiple people try to teach me bridge and hearts, it just ain't happening

I'm way too dumb for anything but poker

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

gnarlyhotep posted:

I've had multiple people try to teach me bridge and hearts, it just ain't happening

lol if you can't calculate this in your head

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

eSports Chaebol posted:

lol if you can't calculate this in your head

dude I don't even know what game that is, I told you I'm dumb

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

same

What's even stupider is that i can remember a million fiddly stupid rules from Magic the gathering even though i haven't touched one of those cards since '95
Anything with normal fuckin cards? I've forgotten that poo poo by the time the first hand is dealt.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Bip Roberts posted:

You basically only need to count trumps and high cards which is pretty drat simple.

I always get caught out forgetting whether all cards of a given suit except the one I still hold have been played out yet :saddowns:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

weird i cant understand or play poker for poo poo but im good at spades and hearts

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a kitten posted:

What's even stupider is that i can remember a million fiddly stupid rules from Magic the gathering even though i haven't touched one of those cards since '95
Anything with normal fuckin cards? I've forgotten that poo poo by the time the first hand is dealt.

same

TEAYCHES posted:

weird i cant understand or play poker for poo poo but im good at spades and hearts

I guess it's some right brain/left brain thing

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

gnarlyhotep posted:

Have you ever tried oh, hell!(or blackout as it is also called) because that game rules and is easy to learn

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
bridge mix is ok....

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Go fish!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

Have you ever tried oh, hell!(or blackout as it is also called) because that game rules and is easy to learn

no, but tbqh card games are pretty boring to me, I prefer pool and drinking

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It's great!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yes. source: my grandma

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you tried that drinking game where you poo poo in your pants over and ove r ? you have to suck everyones cocks and vomit all over everything? i think thats bridge? briged? cant remember but that poo poo sucks (you have to drink the cum) bridgid?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep posted:

I prefer pool and drinking

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

gnarlyhotep posted:

well hey anything is fun when you're drinking! (except bowling)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

well hey anything is fun when you're drinking! (except bowling)

*lil jon voice* HWHATT?!?

bowling is ONLY fun when drinking

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

bridge will turn the sweetest grandma into a cold blooded malicious assassin

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

gnarlyhotep posted:

*lil jon voice* HWHATT?!?

bowling is ONLY fun when drinking

you know ive tried this but in order to make bowling fun id have to be drunk enough to be a danger to myself and others w/ heavy rear end ball

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

you know ive tried this but in order to make bowling fun id have to be drunk enough to be a danger to myself and others w/ heavy rear end ball

exactly

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
alright then. then those people who bitched about our balls going down their lane should have shut up and dealt /w it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Doctor J Off posted:

alright then. then those people who bitched about our balls going down their lane should have shut up and dealt /w it

drat right, bunch of bitch rear end fuckers

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the most fun i had bowling was trying to walk down the lane and hurting myself

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
mahjongg is the oldschool old people game, get with that instead

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
drink until we find a way to make this situation dangerous was the world's first drinking game

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

gnarlyhotep posted:

I believe the proper term is billiards.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Bowling would be fun if they had crazy shaped lanes like a miniature golf version of bowling or something

Actually this goes for all sports now that I think about it

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Howard Beale posted:

mahjongg is the oldschool old people game, get with that instead

Mahjongg rules a lot

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
If your grandma didn't teach you a bunch of cool card games while chain smoking until her head was on fire then your life is hosed up I dunno ask for a do-over. "A card laid is a card played." - Best Grandma

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

when I get old I'm gonna take up weird hobbies like snake breeding, and maybe fill a room with old phone books. Life is too short to play bridge with the finkelsteins.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i saw a guy so drunk at bowling that he managed to throw the ball up so it hit the ceiling, lol.

also i was taught bridge and it is good, op, but i cant remember how to plaay it now. i used to love 'rummy' too, but again, i dont remember it for squat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Bridge is an ejoyable game, also the designated drink maker is the number 1 feature, every card game should have that.

• Locked thread