Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Shadow posted:

This is a lot of how I watched Season 5. Boyd's plans constantly going to poo poo because of morons either not following orders, or straight up betraying him. Ava breaking it off with him confused me. Was it so she could be hard/emotionless in prison? Also, he was her heroin source that she so desperately needed. Boyd loves her enough to keep that going but for all she knew the well would run dry and she'd be killed without protection. I miss something there?

Ava is pissed off at boyd because he keeps promising to get her out but is never able to due to his plans falling through or things happening in the prison. She starts getting sucked deep into the miasma of the prison and doesn't think she can get out (this is around the time that she kills Judith).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

am0kgonzo posted:

the first 2 seasons of Californication are really fun, after that it gets really dumb and less fun

Kind of like everything else Duchovny gets attached to.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Pikehead posted:

Ava is pissed off at boyd because he keeps promising to get her out but is never able to due to his plans falling through or things happening in the prison. She starts getting sucked deep into the miasma of the prison and doesn't think she can get out (this is around the time that she kills Judith).

Kinda ridiculous to blame that on Boyd, but I suppose it wasn't a decision made with a sound and rational mind.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shadow posted:

Kinda ridiculous to blame that on Boyd, but I suppose it wasn't a decision made with a sound and rational mind.

Look at it from her perspective. She gets roped into moving a body because Boyd can't find anybody else to help, and gets busted and sent to jail. Boyd keeps promising she'll be out soon but isn't. On the eve of getting out, she gets set up by the guard so that he can get revenge for her not having sex with him. Things keep spiralling out of control in the jail and Boyd keeps promising things. She realises that the only way to stay safe is to kill someone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pikehead posted:

She realises that the only way to stay safe is to kill someone.

Which is also how she starts in the show, though we learn about it after the fact - she kills her husband to save her own life.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pikehead posted:

Look at it from her perspective. She gets roped into moving a body because Boyd can't find anybody else to help, and gets busted and sent to jail.

The thing is Boyd sent one of his guys to help but she inexplicably, or convenience of the plot, to get out of the van. If she had simply listened to Boyd/let the guy go with her, she likely would have had plenty of time to get the body out of the van. She was struggling pretty hard to move it.

Her getting busted was nobodies fault but hers

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tide posted:

The thing is Boyd sent one of his guys to help but she inexplicably, or convenience of the plot, to get out of the van. If she had simply listened to Boyd/let the guy go with her, she likely would have had plenty of time to get the body out of the van. She was struggling pretty hard to move it.

Her getting busted was nobodies fault but hers

Plus, the body they were moving was a guy Ava shot, and the reason they had to move the body was because Ava treated Ellen-May like dog poo poo and drove her into the arms of Preacher Billy and his sister.

Though Boyd killing Preacher Billy, trying to kill his sister, and generally antagonizing the Powers That Be in Harlan didn't help matters.

Basically it was a team effort on the part of Crowders, working in concert to gently caress up spectacularly.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
One of my favorite little creepy touches in was finding out that Tim keeps souvenirs of his kills. Even the supporting characters in this show are fleshed out and have a lot going on with them.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Armyman25 posted:

One of my favorite little creepy touches in was finding out that Tim keeps souvenirs of his kills. Even the supporting characters in this show are fleshed out and have a lot going on with them.

The bit about Tim I remember was the episode where he came in drunk (something about taking Raylan into the VFW for some reason). He drives in drunk, does his stuff, then sods off, and noone gives a drat. It just fit in well with his background.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just love this show so god drat much, so excited for tuesday.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Boatswain posted:

33 hours 40 minutes.

Can't wait.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Awwe yeah. Finally got caught up and finished S5. While it was definitely the weakest season, it was still pretty good. Did anyone else find all the doublecrosses a little ridiculous? Seemed like every 3 eps had Boyd in a situation where you're like "oh no! He's hosed!" Then everyone turns their guns around and surprise! Boyd had them on his side all along! Probably my biggest thing with the season.

I loved the way they really set up the final season in the last 15 minutes of the finale. Really got me pumped up for tomorrow. Can't wait!!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Boatswain posted:

Hell yeah, just got my coffee (my version of whisky) and settling down for some TV awesomeness.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I have a feeling that a major plot point this season is going to be Ava being swayed back to Boyd's good graces and having to decide who she wants to back; "Her man", or the man who got her out of jail. Or neither.

It feels predictable, so I hope they do it in the most kick-rear end way possible.

Irish Joe posted:

I gotta start watching Californication.

Admiral Bosch posted:

Emptyquoting the hell out of this. How have I missed out on this show?

The entire series is on Netflix in the US. It's a fun show until about season 4, but tails off and the never-ending, repeating formula becomes especially noticeable and less fun from then on. It's a show about really lovely people and their lovely lives in SoCal.

Natalie Zea is only in Season 5. I didn't recognize her at first because of how dolled up she was. Then I caught her name in the credits and :stare:.

Shadow posted:

I used to watch it but I don't remember getting to the 3rd season. I felt like the show just got too repetitive and, as usual for shows like these, I hated his wife/ex/girlfriend/babymama for her effect on him. I also got a little tired of everyone around him being near sociopaths or master manipulators. I dunno..

Is that show still running? Wonder if it's worth giving it another go. I do have to say Pamela Adlon (Bobby Hill) is smoking. She ages well.

Last season was the last. I think it was one of those "You're getting one more season, then you're cancelled" situations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's on :suspense:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"I told ya I'd be in touch".

And we're off.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
No running water in the Crowder house

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Elmore Leonard is still an executive producer :3:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Seeing Rachel behind that desk is throwing me off.

Edit: Dewey scene in the first 20 minutes!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And Rachel IS Raylan's boss.

Elmore :3:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dewey Crowe returns.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Was that an advertisement for a hunting supplies store on the prison bus?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DarklyDreaming posted:

Kentucky / The South

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

DarklyDreaming posted:

It was a public bus, the advert was for the Harlan County Gun and Knife Show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dewey Crowe lives for the simple things in life, six dollar blow jobs and no coleslaw.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The brothel :smith:

EDIT: Ahaha Dewey actually thought that was innuendo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Audrey's closed. Feels like some sort of deliberate foreshadowing.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Boyd is having none of this poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Have they said how Ava explained her release to Boyd?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Oh look, another Deadwood reunion.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't think so.

City slicker with the Benz doesn't know what he's fooling with.

(Cyrus hit by shovel trying to escape.) "Halt. US Marshals." :roflolmao:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Garret Dillahunt out of nowhere.

e: Raylan with that shovel. :allears:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

JohnSherman posted:

Garret Dillahunt out of nowhere.

Digging this.

Edit: good things happen to those that wait for stupid.

tomapot fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 21, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Garrett Dillahunt making an early appearance

*CLANG*
Halt. US Marshals.

e too many commercials

2e did Raylan arrange for Ava to get released? Can't remember

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I am Dewey goddamn Crowe :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a feeling that Boyd knew something like this was going to happen.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The Crowe flies straight

into a rut.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

muscles like this? posted:

I have a feeling that Boyd knew something like this was going to happen.

Good call.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tide posted:

2e did Raylan arrange for Ava to get released? Can't remember

She got out on the condition she informs on Boyd.

e- Hey, another trip to the Bridge of Betrayal!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Meeting on a bridge is ridiculous. Could you think of a more suspicious spot to meet?

• Locked thread