Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

savinhill posted:

Yeah, it seems like people don't like season one just cuz it's less serialized than the other seasons. Some of those stand alone episodes are the best ones. I wish they did more of them the past couple of seasons when the overarching plots tended to falter

I agree. I liked the mix of one-off and long-arc episodes in season 1. It also seemed the least cartoonishly evil of the seasons. Which is saying something considering it involves nazis with bazookas. S1 was by far my favorite. The other seasons are merely ok. I like the series, and watch it, but I'm pretty disappointed how the show played out after the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Armyman25 posted:

Still wish they could have found a way to get Ian McShane on the show.

drat right.

Episode 3 sucked. It's really stupid that they kidnapped Boyd and then just let him go. The only reason he survived is due to plot armor.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Another flat episode. Let's wrap this series up and call it a show.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You know what I want from an episode of the gritty crime drama Justified?

20 minutes of screaming baby.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's weird to reflect on how much Raylan wants to get Boyd, considering he flat out let him escape at the end of season 1. After helping save his life even.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
A great episode. The first half didn't have as much action but kept things interesting and moved at a nice rate. Second half a lot of fun stuff, even if it is ridiculous. I knew Boyd had to survive that situation, but he did a great job acting it. I would have loved if he didn't make it out.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

If I was Vasquez I'd probably allow myself to believe anything about Raylan in order to get him off the force. Goddamn, he must take up half the dude's time.

Agreed. Vasquez is slimy but his mini speech about his interpretation is perfectly valid.

1. "[Raylan] was banging her in the past." This is true right? I don't remember season 1.

2. "[Raylan] is likely banging her now." There was some romantic tension this episode, and from Vasquez's perspective it's not unthinkable.

3. "Their relationship compromised a criminal case back then." Also true.

4. "Ava shoots Raylan's -whatever you want to call Boyd- That's convenient." I mean, that does seem suspicious. The show literally has a character at the start of the episode say something to the effect of "Ava shot Boyd? I didn't see that coming!"

5. "And this Marshall who we have defended on countless questionable shootings, well he decides this time, he's going to holster his piece and wave goodbye." This is especially valid. If we're staying in universe, Raylan has a rampant history of solving his problems by shooting people. I mean, except for the girl weed dealer and his girlfriend who robbed him, that's how Raylan has solved every major crime element since returning to Kentucky.

Frankly I'm glad the show writers had Vasquez make this claim, because to be honest the end of last episode was super loving weak. The transaction of money from Markum to Boyd was stupid and the Ava escape was just slightly better. It's nice to have an in-universe character call out how unlikely the previous events seem to be.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also this episode was great. There was a stretch of slow, boring episodes but it's nice to see things finishing strong.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The Markham versus Boyd fight was super disappointing. As was the showdown between Boone and Raylan. With that said it was still better than I thought it was going to be. A decent finale with a great final scene. Nicely done.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oly was on Conan tonight and they were all drinking Blanton's. Fun segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seasons 2&1 were great, 6&4 pretty good, 3 was ok, but 5 was garbage.

I never thought Justified was a technically great show, but rather most episodes had at least one really bad rear end moment that kind of lifted the whole thing.

• Locked thread