Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Got caught up on this recently, season 5 in particular made me really frustrated with Raylan, to the point that I'm more pulling for Boyd at this point despite him being a pretty terrible human being. I honestly couldn't tell if that was the point or not, if they were trying to make Raylan more unlikeable since he's so actively resisted letting fatherhood change him in any way, so now he just comes across as a pathetic aging man-child as opposed to cowboy-cool.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So long as I get one Boyd "Well Dewey Crowe...." out of the season, it'll have been a success.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Astroman posted:

Boy would everyone be pissed if the series just ended on Raylan and Boyd drawing on each other at :38, fade to black, 2 gunshots. :allears:

fade to black, shotgun goes off, lights come back on and Ava has killed them both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It'll be Dewey. He's due for his win :(

Fade to black, shotgun goes off, lights come back on and Dewey is hopping about screaming in pain because he shot himself in the foot. Boyd and Raylan roll their eyes, shake their heads and get him to the hospital, and bond over what a gently caress-up he is :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Season 2 is probably still my favorite, I think the Bennetts were the best non-Boyd baddies and I really dug seeing their empire come crashing down around their ears as Mags cashed in on what should have been the greatest deal of her life. It's also got that amazing "chase" scene between Art and the guy with the oxygen tank.

Season 4's overarching mystery of Drew Thompson was pretty good too, but in season 5 I got the feeling they were trying to recapture that Bennetts feel with the Crowes, but it just didn't have the same appeal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pikehead posted:

She realises that the only way to stay safe is to kill someone.

Which is also how she starts in the show, though we learn about it after the fact - she kills her husband to save her own life.

• Locked thread