Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

the aliens had subliminal messages hidden in billboards and poo poo but you couldn't see them without the super-special glasses. how the gently caress were people influenced by that? they couldn't see the alien faces, so they couldn't see the subliminal messages. sheesh.

also why does every wrestler in a movie have to do wrestling moves on people? no one suplexes people in real life, roddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
it is a metaphor for consumerism

obey

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

because you do see it on some level op. you know its fake and wrong and thats why you feel empty inside and your enjoyment of these capitalist products is ultimately unfulfilling. like so much cardboard in a tired slave life of the same poo poo every day

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
furthermore,

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The aliens can see through the bullshit it's not really subliminal.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
Just put the loving glasses on.

:iiam:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

wake up sheeple

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bunky posted:

the aliens had subliminal messages hidden in billboards and poo poo but you couldn't see them without the super-special glasses. how the gently caress were people influenced by that? they couldn't see the alien faces, so they couldn't see the subliminal messages. sheesh.

also why does every wrestler in a movie have to do wrestling moves on people? no one suplexes people in real life, roddy

Because if they could see them, they wouldn't be subliminal, op. That's the definition of the word.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

little munchkin posted:

Because if they could see them, they wouldn't be subliminal, op. That's the definition of the word.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MARRY AND REPRODUCE

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

little munchkin posted:

thats not the definition of subliminal you dweeb. if i write the words "poop your pants" on a canvas and then paint the mona lisa over top of it youre not going to subliminally poo poo yourself

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
EDIT: beaten

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

bunky posted:

thats not the definition of subliminal you dweeb. if i write the words "poop your pants" on a canvas and then paint the mona lisa over top of it youre not going to subliminally poo poo yourself

"below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it."

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Why would someone have a bucket of chestnuts in the back of their car?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

bunky posted:

actually i would, because your painting ability is that bad, op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Luvcow posted:

Why would someone have a bucket of chestnuts in the back of their car?

da maniac's got squirrels in his head

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

movie is fun for a while but then it gets boring so

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

little munchkin posted:

actually i would, because your painting ability is that bad, op

whoa. painter burn

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

TEAYCHES posted:

"below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone's mind without their being aware of it."

Right. Now look up the word "hidden" and post that definition...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Egbert Souse posted:

MARRY AND REPRODUCE

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

On3moresoul posted:

Right. Now look up the word "hidden" and post that definition...

past participle of hide

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
in the director's cut there is a billboard early on that says CHEW BUBBLEGUM AND KICK rear end

i don't think i need to clue you guys into the implications of that

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Sleep 8 hours.
Play 8 hours.
Work 8 hours.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

TEAYCHES posted:

past participle of hide

The hell is a particle.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

now that we've determined that most people dont know the definition of subliminal lets move on to the wrestling moves. how efficient is a piledriver irl

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It was actually , like all critiques of capitalism, about The Jews

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
did you even watch the movie, dumbass? the sheeple only see the regular billboards because there's some satellite dish in LA that's sending out a signal to mess with people's brains. once "rowdy" roddy piper blows up the dish at the end, everyone's brains are unclouded and and people can see the billboards and aliens for what they really are.

thus the bimbo riding that alien dick is all weirded out, and he's like, "What's wrong, baby? Why'd you stop?"

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Stryder posted:

did you even watch the movie, dumbass? the sheeple only see the regular billboards because there's some satellite dish in LA that's sending out a signal to mess with people's brains. once "rowdy" roddy piper blows up the dish at the end, everyone's brains are unclouded and and people can see the billboards and aliens for what they really are.

thus the bimbo riding that alien dick is all weirded out, and he's like, "What's wrong, baby? Why'd you stop?"

uhhh so they see the regular billboards, not the planted messages. way to prove my point, queeb

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
can we get more definitions up in this thread?

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

bunky posted:

uhhh so they see the regular billboards, not the planted messages. way to prove my point, queeb

the "planted messages" ARE the billboards. the regular ads over them only exist in people's minds as long as the signal is being broadcast.

which is all besides the point that meg foster has loving creepy eyes.

speaking of creepy eyes, i have always really liked your avatar. where's it from?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i showed that movie to my ex and she was really annoyed that someone would take such a smart effective premise and then have roddy piper spouting dumb one-liners and having a 10-minute fight scene for no reason

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Sleep 8 hours.
Play 8 hours.
Work 8 hours.

holy poo poo do i need to rethink some poo poo. ty

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Sleep 8 hours.
Play 8 hours.
Work 8 hours.

ever think how u dont even get that

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

where do i put jacking off into play or work?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you hate on They Live for any reason you should go back in time and die in Owen Hart's place.

Bitch.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
All I see is a hungry fool.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Remember when the human chick is banging the alien dude and she sees him for what he really is? Serves that bitch right loving race traitor. Nice tits though

Wolfsheim posted:

i showed that movie to my ex and she was really annoyed that someone would take such a smart effective premise and then have roddy piper spouting dumb one-liners and having a 10-minute fight scene for no reason

Adds charm really

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bunky posted:

It's not subliminal, the billboards and all that other poo poo doesn't really exist it's some kind of projection coming from the satellite transmitter. That's why when Rowdy Roddy blows up that thing you see all the billboards and stuff the way they really are (only in color because it's not through the glasses anymore).

Now, how that's possible is anyone's guess. I mean, do the people printing the magazines, selecting layouts and all that, are they not real? Are there not actual people designing the billboards and putting them up, and what did the sheets of billboard paper they were gluing up look like? It'd be like 90% blank white space. Are you telling me that all the details like the people in the billboard, the company name and logo, all that is just a mental dream-projection or whatever? Seems pretty dubious, if you ask me.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Full Metal Jackass posted:

can we get more definitions up in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

• Locked thread